John Stones

Sidzeret

Still , it was a slow , passive , reactive defence , that was prone to get the run around by the likes of fraser campbell. Which is unacceptable imo.

fair enough. it was not the most eye pleasing defending and we were not comfortable always BUT, we conceded 27 goals in 35 games to win the PL (not counting the dead rubbers against pool, wba and sunderland). 5 of those 27 were against one team where we were not playing a high line. so 22 in 34 games is not a bad record, is it? (i know we were not playing a high line or high press in a lot of them like city double, utd double, arsenal away, pool away). i would take that this season too.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only reason why Shaw was considered to be 'bad' (if you want to use that word) last season because of his injuries. Pre-season, apparently he has worked with an excellent fitness coach to help stop the injuries. When he is fit he is a cracking LB. As much as Azpi is good for us, imo he can hinder us because of him being right footed. I hope Baba can prove to be an excellent addition and challenge for that LB spot. Have heard excellent stuff about him.

i dont think so. even when he was not injured, shaw looked average and no where near 30mil. blind looked better than him which is saying a lot.

i dont think so. even when he was not injured, shaw looked average and no where near 30mil. blind looked better than him which is saying a lot.

He was fantastic against us at the Bridge last season. The problem with him was he struggled to get consistent games but he certainly has looked the part so far this season, not to mention the fact that he was quality at Southampton too. If he stays fit I think he will have an excellent season for sure.

if getting him means i dont have to see iva playing again for along time.. then so be it... fuck it... so fucking pissed.

If you were to base it on the first 2 games, you would have JT out the team and Cahill and Stones at the back. However as bad as Iva has been, I don't want to see any more of this CB playing RB if itmeans replacing Iva. We already have a player playing in an unnaturall position at LB. We don't need the same at RB.

If you were to base it on the first 2 games, you would have JT out the team and Cahill and Stones at the back. However as bad as Iva has been, I don't want to see any more of this CB playing RB if itmeans replacing Iva. We already have a player playing in an unnaturall position at LB. We don't need the same at RB.

so then the point is, can he play at LB? :lol:

wow, sad state of affair. who would have thought that when we walked the league 3months ago. shocking.

wow, sad state of affair. who would have thought that when we walked the league 3months ago. shocking.

Rahman is done. Hopefully we see more of him at LB and get a new fast RB or have Azpi competing with Iva. Ivanovic is not just the problem. I am not exempting him but Azpi is not contributing in LB as well. Defensively yeah, but he gives us nothing going forward. Ivanovic has to go forward more because he is our only FB who offers a realistic threat offensively.

that is the point. we did not walk the league 3 months ago. we scrambled over the finish line by sheer luck and individual brilliance. that was the time we should have thought about reinforcements.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You