John Stones

Sidzeret

Stones is a completely different sort of CB compared to Zouma. Stones can also play RB very competently.

In fact, we could easily play something like:

Azpi - JT - Zouma - Stones. Or partner up Zouma and Stones in some games because they're both mature enough. They complement each other very well.

For me, John Stones isn't a signing for just now. It's an astute signing for the future. The Zouma - Stones partnership could be amazing in the future.

zouma and stones partnership would be awesome they would remind of desailly and baresi in defence for ac milan in the early 90's

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

English players still get alot of unjustified hype but anyone with a brain can tell Stones is the real deal just like Sterling was.

He'll be our Sterling or Shaw.

In a couple years time (or sooner) they'll be talked about as the best players in their positions in England.

Well worth the price.

English players still get alot of unjustified hype but anyone with a brain can tell Stones is the real deal just like Sterling was.

Shaw, Sterling, Stones and whoever came through in the academy, could have been the HG/English core sorted for another decade, 1 out of 3 is a start tho

Shaw, Sterling, Stones and whoever came through in the academy, could have been the HG/English core sorted for another decade, 1 out of 3 is a start tho

We would've been sorted for the next decade. Penny pinching cost us badly.

We would've been sorted for the next decade. Penny pinching cost us badly.

Kind of arrogant/naive to assume they'd all want to join Chelsea.

As much as we fans go on about young players and their potential, we must remember there are no guarantees. If we were to go back in time five years, looked at the hottest talents of the time, you'd notice a large portion did not live up to the expectations. I'd say the majority even.

Athletic wouldn't agree to a deal. They'd force us to pay the buyout clause meaning potentially heavy taxes.

I really hope we paying at least 15M in performance related incentives or add ons..

At least we are getting a bigger deal done, even if it is the 18th of August... took fucking long enough didn't it.

Better late than never, yesterday was the lowest I've felt as a fan since we lost at home to QPR if not the last days off AVB, I even made peace with the fact we are going to have an awful season, if this is true it will be a real lift and hopefully all the drama will blow over and we can properly start our bid for back to back titles.

Also if this teaches us not to stand still in future summer's, this summer could serve as a good thing in the long run.

Stones is a completely different sort of CB compared to Zouma. Stones can also play RB very competently.

In fact, we could easily play something like:

Azpi - JT - Zouma - Stones. Or partner up Zouma and Stones in some games because they're both mature enough. They complement each other very well.

For me, John Stones isn't a signing for just now. It's an astute signing for the future. The Zouma - Stones partnership could be amazing in the future.

Well for a start, I would be extremely surprised if Mou actualy played Zouma, Stones in big games in first place. But obviously he wont.

What will happen is that either Zouma or Stones will sit on bench. No fucking way those two will both get time to develop here to become world class. Im sure you know Mou well yourself and I dont have to explain that to you anyway.

One thing is dreaming. Other is reality. If Mou actualy turns Zouma and Stones into world class CB pairing, Im happy even if we spend next season without titles but integrating such players into team for long term plan. But it wont happen. Mou is Mou and unless Zouma/Stones wont prove it in short time, at least one of them is doomed and Mou will go for top CB eventualy.

Im not sure what is with the forum to be so optimistic recent months. Falcao wont flop, Zouma and Stones will form our defense for next 10 years, Cesc is going to do his job in big game, Chelsea under Mou will actualy control the tempo in big game etc etc...people have to face the truth. We are far from top team right now. Even I who was quite optimistic that we will defend the title for sure two months ago, Im not that sure anymore. But there is a bigger problem within our squad. Our rb is playing as winger, our RW is as creative as Bosingwa, Oscar progress stalling, Costa injured, Cesc not doing it in key games, our squad depth still lies on Ramires, Mikel and Cuad, endless spendings on fixing RW without solution.

A year ago, during august-october. That was the Chelsea I loved. Not so much because of results. We were winning even after the break. But during those first three months we actualy played football. For the first time in long time I saw Chelsea so well organised for longer period. Attack, defense, midfield. Everything clicked. But ever since, we couldnt make such run again. Football is as it is, unpredictable and every team has ups and downs. But for Chelsea, I havent seen one, ONE improvement since october 2014. We went downhill actualy. Playing more defensive, safe, our attack is still as dull as two years ago. Where are the movement, smart passing, team work? Our defense was good. But defenders, not exactly. We defend with 8 men, it makes our defenders much better than what they are.

All in all, we play safe in big games. But I dont see that much advantage in that anymore. We dont get positive results that much as Mou did in past. City went open in recent game. And they had no problem defending.

The real win on how to defend it is that you suceed doing it with normal formation, and at same time play football and attack. Not to close down with 8-10 men and play on away result, draw, hoping to score from that one chance. That is one form, but its when team is in transition. Now we have established, we spent millions and millions on players to see what? Same football we played in 2013.

Mou says he will play more open, nicer football, giving chances to youth etc. But thats all bulshit. He still does same as he did years ago. If thats how you intend to play, spend 50m on Vidal. But dont buy players like Cesc or Willian who are either absolute shit in bigger games and off the ball or dont have ability to make things happen when they need to.

People point our PL title way too high. We werent that great, opponents were shit. We were only realy good during first three months and then had game here and there after where we played realy well. Our CL run was true showing where we are right now. Mou went into safe mode for second time in row and failed. I wont be surprised if he goes same way this year again (not saying we have zero chances tho).

I went way too far now, but hopefuly you get my point. We play like absolute shit, with Ramires on RW ffs, midfield has no legs, defense is bad, attack has no creativity and connection, yet Mou idea to improve us is to splash 50m pounds+ on Baba and Stones? Ok.

Finaly I get that our financial plan now is to be more careful, but we should still be able to buy world class players if we wanted (and we should buy one this summer because we clearly need it), but Mou says publicly we cant afford Pogba? What the hell is that? We cant buy Pogba for 90m euros but we can buy Stones+Baba for 70m euros. Explain that shit, because I dont get it.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You