John Stones

Sidzeret

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a calculated risk. If he plays for us for 10 years, like Luke Shaw will for Manchester United, it's a worthwhile investment. If we sign him, he shows no signs of improving and we dump he after 2-3 years, then it's money down the drain. It really can go either way with young English players because most of them have their heads up their own arses. Stones doesn't strike me as being that way. He seems quiet, unassuming, and dedicated to improving his game. I don't think I've ever even seen him do an interview. He has his feet on the ground and that's the type of kid we need; more players in the Zouma mould, rather than the Sterling one.

I agree but at the same time Sterling did what I thought he would and took the piss. We should have signed the sod.

John Stones to Chelsea: Everton reject £30million bid

This Stones transfer saga is really infuriating. We know how much Everton want for Stones - assuming the media is right; first 34m and now 40m - and yet we are playing around by submitting bids way below the wanted fee! :doh:

This is just what I was coming in to post.

It almost feels as though we're throwing in low bid after low bid to get a reaction from Stones himself. That he'll tell Everton he wants to leave and they'll then come and negotiate with us. That clearly isn't happening because Stones isn't the type to kick up a fuss.

All we're doing here is making them angrier. Just bid the £35-40m and get him.

This is quite funny considering the fact that they refused to play him at the start of last season. One decent season, amazing. That simple word 'potential' being attached to an english player makes them very expensive.

His actual worth is around 20m, but the maximum we should bid is 35m. Either that or 30m + Moses. He may as well be used for some good instead of rotting on the bench. If they don't take it, we should just walk away, let Martinez and Stones battle out mid-table mediocrity. There are plenty of other areas of the squad where the money like that could be used, namely CM and RW.

How can we be so absolutely sure that Stones hasn't already told Martinez he would like to come here? And this is why Martinez said the player has been "affected" and refused to answer when questioned if Stones wants to join, This scenario would make sense as to why we are lowballing, we want Stones to emphasise his wish to join.

40mil. hahahhahahahahahhahaha.. what has the world come to.

40mil for john fucking stones. i guess i am worth a million too!!!

I'm worth 2 then... I can even play in the pivot and pass backwards! In fact, I'm no worse than Mikel probably.

I might check grand old team later see how many of them still think Barca or Madrid will sign him for £50m next year ROFLMAOROFL

Great post this on twitter i seen

"John Stones ability wise is not worth anywhere near £30m. His passport says he is"

^ That is bang on

Do Real Madrid, Barca, United, City, or PSG even bat an eyelid when they're paying these enormous prices? No.

So why do so many people here care so much? Like José himself said a couple of days ago we of all big clubs have earned the right to splash and spend big after all the great work we've done in the market both spending intelligently and selling at huge profits.

If City (whose squad was already more expensive than ours) can spend £50m on Sterling and maybe £50m more on De Bruyne AND another £35-40m on Otamendi I think we can be sure that FFP is essentially toothless. PSG were "punished" by FFP last season just like City but that hasn't stopped them at all. United spent £60m on a 1 year rental of Di Maria for goodness sake!

You either spend big like the other big clubs or you become Arsenal of the last decade.

This reminds me of the modric saga, we kept lowballing spurs and the cunt levy right till the end and it was just a waste of everyone's time. Hopefully this time we don't settle for another "miereles" in the end again this time. We should either meet Everton's demand or seek other quality alternatives before its too late. This is pathetic effort AFAIC.

Do Real Madrid, Barca, United, City, or PSG even bat an eyelid when they're paying these enormous prices? No.

So why do so many people here care so much? Like José himself said a couple of days ago we of all big clubs have earned the right to splash and spend big after all the great work we've done in the market both spending intelligently and selling at huge profits.

If City (whose squad was already more expensive than ours) can spend £50m on Sterling and maybe £50m more on De Bruyne AND another £35-40m on Otamendi I think we can be sure that FFP is essentially toothless. PSG were "punished" by FFP last season just like City but that hasn't stopped them at all. United spent £60m on a 1 year rental of Di Maria for goodness sake!

You either spend big like the other big clubs or you become Arsenal of the last decade.

you do realise that maria was RM's best player. the best player in the team that had won the CL. and after buying him for 75mil euros, they sold him for 64mil euros.

40mil for stones is not just silly,wait, its outright stupid. hell, 34mil for stones is stupid when we can get otamendi for that amount. when we can use that to get a MUCH MUCH MUCH needed CM like witsel. we can buy someone like howedes for half of that amount who is a much better player than stones is.

this is simply throwing away money. i know its not mine, and i should not care. but this is going to be worse than luiz's 25mil.

i am sorry but even a 3-0 drubbing cant make 40mil for stones sound sane.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You