John Stones

Sidzeret

He had six months to run on his contract. Bolton would of got nothing for him. They rejected £15m a few months previously for him didn't they? Spurs, if I remember correctly.

Very good point. But even so, the figures mentioned... £15m back then, and now we are talking £40 million? Obscene money. Such pressure on young English players...

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are all feeling the same way mate and while injections of fresh blood is ALWAYS necessary and needed (badly bu is right now) our problems lie much deeper than that.

Right now everyone knows what we are going to bring to the table. They know how we play and they know who we will play so they know what tactics to use to win.

Generally they know if they keep Eden out of the game (when he is awake) most of our creativity is gone. They know if they dont give Cescy time or space the rest of our creativits is buggered. They know if they attack our Bane/Cahill weakspot its their best chance to score.

We have become predictable. WE know what players will be selected in 99% of games and IMHO thats not good. The lads NEED to feel their place on the starting team is in jeopardy they need to WANT to play. I dont know if theyre minds and bodies are just knackered but wheres the passion?

Players respond in different ways. Some need their egos stroking, some need their heads patting and a hug, some need a size 13 boot up their arse.

Why we are all so frustrated and sad is if we can wee our problems without the footballing brains of our powers that be then why dont they see it and sort it? The only conclusions we can come up with (because we have active imaginations and its our best guess) is theres problems behind the scenes.

But IF their happy to offer £34 mill for Stones the problem surely cant be money.

Who knows? Im sure it will all come out in the wash. But it will probably get worse before it gets better so hold on it might get bumpy!

I agree with you, we have become too predictable and teams are finding us out, i miss the days of Robben, Duff, Joe Cole, Makelele, Essien and co where we would rip defences open time and time again and our defense was so rock solid that teams couldn´t find a way past us and couldn´t stop our attack most of the time, teams feared the sight of us and thats´s what we all want back in this team. I don´t know, maybe we do need some reinforcements, but the fact that we won the title last season just makes other teams want to strenghten more and wanting to beat us at all costs, we are the Champions after all, and it´s like they play the game of their lives vs us and roll over to the likes of United, City, Arsenal, we have seen it before time and time again, it´s ridiculous.

I was thinking that maybe all this story with Eva has affected the players concentration, i don´t know, we all know how the players get easily unsettled when something like this happens behind the scenes and it wouldn´t be the first time, i just hope that there isn´t some kind of revolt from the players because then it can all go to sh*t in an instant. Oh and why put Mourinho´s job on the line because of this ? He´s the coach, he calls the shots, the players should all just wise up, shut up and play, because that´s what they´re paid to do, don´t give that sentiment crap please, the players need a reality check and a good kick up the arse and show more passion and grit like they did last season, you don´t just disappear and turn to sh*t from one season to another, it´s pratically the same team for f*ck´s sake, i don´t understand what´s going on and sorry for the swear words mate, i´m just livid at the moment that i´m not thinking straight :mad:

Cheers mate and all the best :yes: . KTBFFH

RIDICULES!!!

Really this is what happens for messing around this whole summer and doing much of nothing.

Now we are like desperate dogs.

I knew that last season was a one of thing, and won't be repeated again for a while. Back to our usual dumb ways of transfer business dealing.

The only good thing about that article was this:

"though the manager will consider removing Ivanovic from the firing line. The Serbia defender had suffered a torrid afternoon against Swansea City’s Jefferson Montero on the opening day, and was just as error-prone at the Etihad Stadium."

Hopefully this is true...

hope we sign him,he`s good and looks to be a future great,i don`t like Martinez and I`m not a fan of Everton or the way they are playing hardball,remembering how when we were a club of their stature we didn`t stand in the way of our players joining bigger clubs when they wanted to leave.aslong as we got a fair enough price but in some cases just cancelling contracts to set them free and us free from a player whose mind is elsewhere.

however,our policy of not integrating our own players into the squad.even when they perform well at clubs of similar stature but instead looking to sign players who have done the same. make us known only as a buying club so when teams see us having a need,they know that us buying and sometimes overpaying is more likely to happen,they see us as not having any other option even tho we have the best youth teams in Europe.

these transfer sagas will always happen until we show we are not so desperate for their players.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You