John Stones

Sidzeret

Whether or not we sign him I hope the board puts up a little note for everyone at the club - "In future if Everton want one of our players, immediately double the price we want for said player and still make them wait before accepting.".

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they're going to fuck us over with the transfer anyway, why aren't we trying to tap him up?, or put in a more aggressive approach. We need Stones to put pressure on Everton, that's the only way this deal is getting done.

100% correct. Think the only way this will happen now is for Stones himself to put in a transfer request and then we put in a £32-35M bid after he has.

Sounds underhanded but every club in the world does it. I know we got stung before with the whole Cole saga but we really should have someone talking to Stones (or at least his agent) and gauging what he'd be willing to do to force him move here.

Whether or not we sign him I hope the board puts up a little note for everyone at the club - "In future if Everton want one of our players, immediately double the price we want for said player and still make them wait before accepting.".

True. And we just give them Lukaku for "free" in this situation...

True. And we just give them Lukaku for "free" in this situation...

Tbh this is all probably due to the fact that we sold them a bang average player for an extortionate fee xD. The Lukaku deal is still in my top 3 Chelsea sales along with Torres and Luiz.

From the Everton forums (I know there's some stupid posts on here sometimes but holy shit read this):

The board will benefit massively by keeping Stones - his value will only go one way unless he has a massive drop in form or a catastrophic injury. This time next season the likes of Real and Barca or Bayern could well be knocking, and if PSG and City show an interest too then it's not inconceivable that the value we currently place on him could double. The really minted clubs don't mind gambling huge sums on talent...look at the money Di Maria attracted over two quick sales, and Bale and bang-average players like Sterling and Luiz. Everyone who's anyone can see Stones is going to be a top class centre back for years to come.
In a strange way this Stones saga could really work in Evertons favour.....it puts us firmly in the World football spotlight, and if we continue to resist Chelsea's billions it will show us in a brilliant light. At the same time it surely must make the odd billionaire or consortium takea second glance at 'Everton'.

c14.jpg

"Chelsea are considering whether to lodge a final bid worth £40m for the Everton defender John Stones after seeing their third offer of the summer for the England international flatly rejected by the Merseyside club."

I mean he's good and has a great future, potentially, but we're not actually going to go that high.. Surely there's cheaper, better, options?!

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You