John Stones

Sidzeret

Some Everton fans on one of their forums say they should wait till Barca, Bayern or Real come in for him.

But those teams don't need to bother with buying English players from increasingly rich English teams at vast prices when they can buy similarly talented (non-English) players for a lot less.

The only teams who would be willing to pay more than us for Stones are City or United, and they don't seem interested right now which I guess is why we're desperate to seize the opportunity.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some Everton fans on one of their forums say they should wait till Barca, Bayern or Real come in for him.

But those teams don't need to bother with buying English players from increasingly rich English teams at vast prices when they can buy similarly talented (non-English) players for a lot less.

The only teams who would be willing to pay more than us for Stones are City or United, and they don't seem interested right now which I guess is why we're desperate to seize the opportunity.

Real Madrid will be having Woodgate flashbacks.

I'm ready to question him. I think his days of being special are behind him.

For 34 million we can buy Baba Rahman and Rudiger, while saving 4m. lol. What a joke English youth players are.

Jesus. I'm fucking done.

Does not surprise me if true. The club must have got some encouragement from Stones' people before bidding. All Everton have to do, like Mourinho said, is come out and say "he is not for sale at any price." by sticking a statement on club website. They haven't

Why do you have such a small minded approach to things? If we buy Stones that doesn't mean we're done buying.

because the manager is making it clear that he's only buying one more player, a CB. any other purchase will be if a player leaves. Ramires and Mikel are going nowhere.

For 34 million we can buy Baba Rahman and Rudiger, while saving 4m. lol. What a joke English youth players are.

Couple things you need to learn about the press, often the prices quoted there grossly inflated so instead of throwing your toys off the streetcar perhaps take a step back and calm down.

I would doubt very highly you even knew who Baba Rahman was before we were linked to him. I would bet good money that you knew who John Stones was though.

We just won the league & his days of being special are behind him?! :lol::lol:

because the manager is making it clear that he's only buying one more player, a CB. any other purchase will be if a player leaves. Ramires and Mikel are going nowhere.

You have no way of knowing that and beyond that when was the last time what Jose said in the press was 100% accurate? Perhaps he's saying he's comfortable with the squad to bring down the price of his targets... You have no way of knowing what his true intentions are, your job is to wait till the window is shut and allow the people who run this club to make the decisions on what is needed and what isn't. Jose has won everything that can be won at the club level and is coming off a double winning season where he crushed the competition, I would say he's earned the right to sign whoever he wants and keep whoever he likes.

Mikel and Ramires are perfectly fine rotation members. Besides, RLC will get some time as well. People complain all the time about youngsters not getting a chance, yet when it looks like one finally might, they completely dismiss him

Mikel and Ramires are perfectly fine rotation members. Besides, RLC will get some time as well. People complain all the time about youngsters not getting a chance, yet when it looks like one finally might, they completely dismiss him

Yet again we will realise that they aren't and are extremely limited players.

NO, they are not. The reason Matic and Cesc were worked into the ground is Mikel and Ramires are not good enough. We desperately need a quality backup for our midfield.

Chelsea stayed clear of Shaw and Sterling due to the price. Why is this any different?

They stayed clear of them because they were greedy , the only reason they left their club was to earn to more. On the other hand , Stones is ambitious and is not just coming to the club for money, he has a willingness to play football and Mourinho appreciates that in a player

NO, they are not. The reason Matic and Cesc were worked into the ground is Mikel and Ramires are not good enough. We desperately need a quality backup for our midfield.

Of course they are good enough! Matic and Cesc played a lot because Jose wanted to play them a lot. Ramires was injured for most of last season but everytime he cam back Jose said " the best thing about today's victory is I have my Ramires back" Now is he just missing something?

Mikel as a squad player is fine, when Matic was suspended he stepped and did a decent job. He's nowhere near as effect as Matic but definitely a serviceable squad player.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You