John Stones

Sidzeret

If he's concerned about having guarenteed first team football for a chance to get into England's Euros squad then just sign him and loan him straight back to Everton. I reckon the toffees would be more likely to accept the transfer then; they have another year of their best defender and can spend that year looking for a replacement.

For us it works too; with JT, Cahill, Zouma and Stones 1 is going to miss out quite a bit over the course of the season. JT can't keep going forever and (although I seem to say this every year) he may well decline this year and need to be replaced next year, when Stones will be ready to step in alongside Cahill and Zouma as 3 of our 4 CBs.

(I'm assuming Ivan will be available for 4th choice CB cover in this scenario btw).

Easy choice in my eyes bud.

Cahills gone!

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Easy choice in my eyes bud.

Cahills gone!

If it was down to me there's a fair few players in the squad (including Cahill) who should be off but i've come to accept that he'll be around for the foreseeable future now :P.

If it was down to me there's a fair few players in the squad (including Cahill) who should be off but i've come to accept that he'll be around for the foreseeable future now :P.

I dont mind the lad being around but Id much rather he be sitting on the bench! deadhorse_zpsatjydh44.gif

Chelsea ready to make John Stones British football's most expensive defender EVER

Probably the most interesting bit from the article link above...

While it has been suggested Stones would struggle for game time if he were to join Chelsea, they are understood to be ready to give him at least 30 games next season.

I think we'll end up paying a fee that'll make people freak out. Just have a feeling.

Like £35m or something. If we do indeed do that then I hope he gets loads of game time from the off.

The amounts who the press are talking are delirious. I agree with his signing, but 45M or even more, for a 21 years old player who still has a lot to prove???. It's a very big risk. I don't know guys but I would prefer invest this money on Otamendi who is more experienced and has proved his level making amazing performances against teams like Madrid or Barca.

I don't know, i'm so confused..... I only hope that the decision who finally takes Mou and the board, be the best for the team.

Am i the only one who hopes the club gets him?

I do too. Because not only would we be missing out on a future star, but we'd also allow all of our rivals to have a go at him next summer. We have virtually no competition for him this window.

Arsenal and City will need CB's soon and United may fail in their attempt to get a "big name" and turn their attention to Stones.

Am i the only one who hopes the club gets him?

Think everyone here hopes we get him, just not at any price. It is like we all want top players like Pogba, Grizemann...etc but not at the prices of £100m, £50m and so on.

think of it this way, The higher the price, the more we're forced to give him some playing time

Shit that kinda also makes sense too, I mean if Zouma has costed 32m instead of 12m you can be damn sure he would have played at least 40 games last season. I never thought of this and no one really wanna discuss it but sometime for a youngster higher fee means more pressure from the manager to play him(if he is good enough).

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You