John Stones

Sidzeret

Why havent we at least tried for Varane?

I do think tho if we pay over £25 he should take Cahills place and then give Happy some games instead of JT

Amazing how we only paid £23 mill for our back 4. dollarss_zpscmgf2gsr.gif

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why havent we at least tried for Varane?

I do think tho if we pay over £25 he should take Cahills place and then give Happy some games instead of JT

Amazing how we only paid £23 mill for our back 4. dollarss_zpscmgf2gsr.gif

He signed a new contract and being hailed as future Madrid captain so really no chance. That was thanks to our excellent scouting team and no other teams chasing those players. Cahill from a Bolton facing relegation with 6 months left on contract, Dave from Marseille where he was a relatively unkown quality, Terry we all know, Ivanovic again another lucky find and took time to settle, Zouma was just potential and again no real other bidders. We did excellent business but it won't always happen.

They stayed clear of them because they were greedy , the only reason they left their club was to earn to more. On the other hand , Stones is ambitious and is not just coming to the club for money, he has a willingness to play football and Mourinho appreciates that in a player

That is rubbish. Although when Shaw left for United, they did not qualify for Europe he joined one of the biggest clubs in the world. United are a better team than Southampton, bigger club and in the long run he will be competing for bigger trophies than he would at Southampton. It was a no-brainer really. Yes, he was offered a lot of money but look at the football factors, it was a no-brainer. You don't get much players at 19 being offered the chance to be a regular starter at one of the biggest teams in the world on a regular basis.

Sterling was not motivated by money ffs. It was football reasons. Similar with Shaw, he is receiving a lot of money from his new team but looking at football reasons, it is obvious to see why he joined City. A much better team who will be competing for major trophies on a regular basis. Can you say the same for Liverpool right now? Doubt it. At City he is playing with the likes of Toure, Silva and Aguero. Compare that to the quality he would be playing with at Liverpool.... Sterling is better than the maority of attacking midfielders at City bar Silva anyway so he will be starting more games there than Stones would be at us. Fact.

Your comment does not make sense. You say Stones is ambitious as he is not just coming for the money but has a willingness to play football, yet you don't say the same about Shaw and Sterling who obviously left their clubs for ambition, LOL. I would like Stones here but unlike Shaw and Sterling who are more or less guaranteed starters for their team when fit, you cannot say the same about Stones. He would need to wait for Cahill to make mistakes first or prove himself when he comes in to be a regular starter.

‘That is the market. And you only pay it if you want. If you don’t want to pay it, don’t pay. It’s as simple as that. The market has no rules or limits from season to season. And not even the introduction of a Financial Fair Play rules is able to control the market. The market is where it is and it’s up to the clubs to decide yes or no. For ourselves there are certain rules.'

‘It’s a good market. That is why smaller other clubs if they have interesting young English players they use that in the right way for them. I don’t even criticize them. They play the market for themselves. And if the big clubs don’t want to go over certain limits, they have to make a decision. And that is maybe why the top clubs are not full of young English players. But that is the market.’

does not seem like he wants to shell out a record transfer fee (and may i add, rightly so). hopefully now we can turn our attention to some players who can actually improve us this season like witsel.

does not seem like he wants to shell out a record transfer fee (and may i add, rightly so). hopefully now we can turn our attention to some players who can actually improve us this season like witsel.

But then he said this when asked being about a midfielder: (witsel?)

‘If somebody speaks about other midfield players, it’s not true because I have Ramires, Matic, Fabregas, Mikel, Loftus-Cheek and Oscar.

https://www.chelseafc.com/news/latest-news/2015/07/mourinho--pre-new-york-red-bulls.html

‘If somebody speaks about other midfield players, it’s not true because I have Ramires, Matic, Fabregas, Mikel, Loftus-Cheek and Oscar.

https://www.chelseafc.com/news/latest-news/2015/07/mourinho--pre-new-york-red-bulls.html

oh. did not read that. so it seems he is right, the "market is cl osed". we ll probably by a LB and whatever "replacements" are needed.

Not sure if I'm liking this 'One Out, One In' policy. We have the money to spend but we are stingy about it and not using the cash to improve the areas that need improvement. It's holding us back.

Not sure if I'm liking this 'One Out, One In' policy. We have the money to spend but we are stingy about it and not using the cash to improve the areas that need improvement. It's holding us back.

Exactly, I actually dislike it.

Every time we need to sell before we buy. We just won the double and normally you want to improve the team to make a step in the next direction.

But this ''One out first, then one in'' policy is really frustrating.

We were really lucky last year to buy Remy on the deadline, otherwise we would've sticked with Torres for the season. I've noticed this happened most of the time.

For the financial books and from a economical point of view this might be nice, as we don't take any financial risks to have a player too much on our books. But you will also miss out on great targets if you're just sitting and waiting for other clubs to come and bid for your weaker players.

Jose Mourinho strongly suggested last night that Chelsea are prepared to pay a British record fee for a defender to sign JohnStones. [Times]

i reckon this will have progressed, by the time we kick off tonight /tomorrow morning

It's borderline infuriating, really.

By all accounts we have more money to spend than ever and aren't even close to running into FFP trouble (and that was BEFORE the relaxed rules!). We could easily have gone out and spent £100m this summer and taken our team to the next level.

Instead it looks like we've taken the Wenger approach and José has been told from above that he has to work with what he has and spend only where necessary.

If we buy him I expect him to be loaned. Zouma will play next to Terry next season. I just can't see how after stopping the PL's best strikers he will be sent away.

Loan you serious? we will pay 30m for him he will be in our first team.

i dont mind the "one in , one out" policy. maybe jose does feel that we have a complete squad and does not really want to hamper the balance and chemistry of the squad.

We do need a GOOD CB, one who willl take JTs place next season, What I would so is to properly rotate both Zouma/Cahill and Stones/JT so Zouma and Stones can learn to be a team. These 2 lads are a couple of the best defenders in England and both with world class potential and our 'rock' for the next 10 years.

We cant loan Happy out its a ridiculous thought. Hes better than Cahill as it is hes just not got the experience yet nor has he got HG next to his name.

Even Cahills shouting for him to come

Brains & brawn: Stones and Zouma can potentialy dominate the Premier League
Read more at http://www.squawka.com/news/why-chelsea-fans-should-be-very-excited-about-john-stones-and-kurt-zouma/422779#f6LwBTPhRGbRpZz6.99

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You