John Stones

Sidzeret

Best CB in England? He can't even get a game for England at CB what a fucking idiot Kenwright is and what idiots we are trying to buy someone who can't even get in ahead of Jagielka, Phil Jones and Chris Smalling for 34 fucking million. Sure he has potential but so did Jones and Smalling... not liking the sound of this British record bid for a defender... I thought 20M was too much, but I'd be happy if we got him for that now because if we agree a fee... its going to be ridiculous.

Because Roy Hodgson is a idiot.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

come to think of it, if Stones is our premier signing, then we have effectively not improved our squad AT ALL going into next season.

is it an unspoken rule among EPL teams that if you win the league do nothing in the next transfer window?

We need Stones because Terry is old he will probably play 1-2 years so we really need Stones.

We need Stones because Terry is old he will probably play 1-2 years so we really need Stones.

I want him too. But he isn't going to make us better this year. especially if Cahill is first choice

i say 50mil at the least. :lol:

That's exactly what every deluded Everton fan is saying. One dope on TalkSport radio just a few minutes ago said he'd demand £50m + Remy. :lol: :lol: :lol:

That's exactly what every deluded Everton fan is saying. One dope on TalkSport radio just a few minutes ago said he'd demand £50m + Remy. :lol: :lol: :lol:

just hope the everton board is thinking like their fans and hopefully (by god's grace) we somehow get back to our senses in time. :lol: :lol: :lol:

just hope the everton board is thinking like their fans and hopefully (by god's grace) we somehow get back to our senses in time. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I honestly don't care what we pay now. I just fucking want him. Within reason, obviously.

With Sterling going for £49m and Shaw going for £30m, getting Stones for a fee somewhere in the 30's is just the going rate. Just get it done.

I honestly don't care what we pay now. I just fucking want him. Within reason, obviously.

With Sterling going for £49m and Shaw going for £30m, getting Stones for a fee somewhere in the 30's is just the going rate. Just get it done.

2 wrongs dont make a right.

shaw had a poor last season. sterling will have the pressure of being the 7th biggest transfer in the history of football on him throughout his career.

buy stones for 30mil (would not pay a dime over 20mil) is crazy. buying him for something over 30mil, is well... honestly, i dont care actually if we pay 50mil+remy for stone or 35mil. those 2 things simply mean that we have lost our minds.

Anybody think he displaces Ivanovic for a few games? I know that's not his preferred position, but if Cahil/JT are in the form of their lives at somepoint in the season...we could play him there for a few games if JM ever ends his love-fest for Ivan.

Again, i'm not suggesting we splash 30M for Stones to soley play him out of position, but it definately is an option for JM.

shaw had a poor last season. sterling will have the pressure of being the 7th biggest transfer in the history of football on him throughout his career.

buy stones for 30mil (would not pay a dime over 20mil) is crazy. buying him for something over 30mil, is well... honestly, i dont care actually if we pay 50mil+remy for stone or 35mil. those 2 things simply mean that we have lost our minds.

If we do anything close to 50m might as well say fuck it and do 130m on Pogba and Grizemann right now since we don't care about sense anymore and FFP is useless anyway.

Anybody think he displaces Ivanovic for a few games? I know that's not his preferred position, but if Cahil/JT are in the form of their lives at somepoint in the season...we could play him there for a few games if JM ever ends his love-fest for Ivan.

Again, i'm not suggesting we splash 30M for Stones to soley play him out of position, but it definately is an option for JM.

It needs more than stones to displace Ivan, he is a warrior :Goober:

I agree that it's madness that these kids are going for those prices but if they live up to their hype and talent we'll think back in 5-10 years and think they were bargains. For instance, United fans will look back at the huge prices they paid for Rio and Rooney and rightly think they were good fees for the careers they got from them.

You have legends like Terry, Rio, Gary Lineker, Gary Neville etc saying that Stones is legit and will be a potential England captain. We get him in and let him learn under JT for a couple of seasons and under the world's best manager and £30-35m may seem well worth it soon enough.

I think we might not make another bid until we return from tour.

Less likely to be accepted , the later it goes on. Chelsea need to stop being so slow

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You