John Stones

Sidzeret

those stats are meaningless. Stones plays in a Martinez defense. He going to be asked to do a lot more than our CBs.

We have a monster in Matic protecting our CBs, and most of the time, they just have to stay in position and the likes of Matic, Cesc, Willian and Oscar will track back and defend.

Hi friend!

Obviously statistics can always be interpreted in many different ways.

But these statistics show that John Stones is not a risky signing because he has level to play with us.

On a scale of quality - Technical - characteristics - future prospects - Price ... I think John Stones is one of the best signings we can do for our defense.

Regards.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hes also very quick so getting up and down the pitch without leaving the other lads up shit creek wouldnt be a problem.

The only thing that Im worried about is just how this would effect Happy? If we sent him out on loan it would be a travesty and if it made him 3rd choice (specially when Cahills sitting there quite snugly) would hurt him and I THINK it could lead him to leaving us.

Its no secret Id give my dangleys to have Happy/Varane as our CBs but a Happy/Stones would work.

Is stones that much better than kalas??? Kalas had that solid game against Liverpool and was never heard from again.

Stones plays regularly for Everton, Kalas couldn't but a game for Koln and was shifted to RB at Boro.

Stones plays regularly for Everton, Kalas couldn't but a game for Koln and was shifted to RB at Boro.

People really need to let Kalas go, that one game against Liverpool got to too many heads. Zouma, Stones, Christensen are all more talented defenders IMO.

People really need to let Kalas go, that one game against Liverpool got to too many heads. Zouma, Stones, Christensen are all more talented defenders IMO.

Very true. Kalas only touched the ball about 20 times in the whole game. He was asked to do a job and he did it.

Hi friend!

Obviously statistics can always be interpreted in many different ways.

But these statistics show that John Stones is not a risky signing because he has level to play with us.

On a scale of quality - Technical - characteristics - future prospects - Price ... I think John Stones is one of the best signings we can do for our defense.

Regards.

What price ?. Everton are going to be asking ridiculous money for someone who at the moment is fulfilling his potential in an average team. There is a chasm of difference between playing centre half for Everton where there is less scrutiny and pressure week in week out. Playing for Chelsea with the media spotlight on you 24-7 is a totally different mindset. It just shows with all the terrible publicity John Terry has had it's never affected his game. John Stones is a good promising player is he a 40 million pound centre half ? no way.

This. People are rating Kalas way too highly. I'd say give Christensen a shot, and we probably will. No reason not to have him, Stones and Zouma + an ageing Cahill in due years.

Haven't seen it yet with Christensen. I know he's highly touted but I've yet to see his true quality. He has time I suppose.

Kalas at Liverpool and Bertrand in Munich should get looked at the same way. Youth players who played their limited roles and did a job in ultra defensive setups on two of the more memorable nights in our recent history. Nothing more or less.

hahahahaha best italy fullback hahahahahahahaha omg he is shit .

hahahahahaha worst post on talk chelsea hahahahaha omg what a shit post

Really? That is all you have to say? Into the trash goes your opinion. Come back with something interesting next time.

What price ?. Everton are going to be asking ridiculous money for someone who at the moment is fulfilling his potential in an average team. There is a chasm of difference between playing centre half for Everton where there is less scrutiny and pressure week in week out. Playing for Chelsea with the media spotlight on you 24-7 is a totally different mindset. It just shows with all the terrible publicity John Terry has had it's never affected his game. John Stones is a good promising player is he a 40 million pound centre half ? no way.

I think that the final price will not be more than 30 million pounds. It is only a matter of time that we can sign Stones because Everton can not resist a long time if he decides to join us. Roberto Martinez can be angry all he wants, but he knows that the players play where they want to play. I think his signing is a matter of time, just wait and pay between 26 and 30 million pounds. We are in a dominant position in this negotiation.

Regarding his price, if we look at the market, all the options for the centre-back, like Varane, Otamendi, Sergio Ramos, Thiago Silva ... they are a more expensive options than Stones, but they are even more difficult to sign, and Stones seems that he wants to join with us.

For me talking about quality / price / prospects for the future, John Stones is a good signing for about 30 or 35 million pounds. Perhaps the best option available on the market because Varane is out of the market.

Regards.

I'm delighted that Mou has taken attention of Stones. He can truly be our own Varane, in terms of Mou finding a young CB and potentially making him world-class. With Zouma also shining in this team, we could already have a partnership ready to take over from Terry & Cahill when their time starts to end.

It also illustrates that Mou isn't waiting before it's too late to revamp this backline!

Don't right off kalas yet , he could still have a future at right back. Not his fault we loaned him to a club , with a fully established experienced defence , with a good record the previous season.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You