John Stones

Sidzeret

4 minutes ago, Ryan Fong said:

So they have Mangala, Kompany, Otamendi, Stones for CB and we have Cahill and JT. :smh:

Mangala is certain to leave, wasn't even named in their CL playoff yet Stones was. He's been shit for City but call me crazy I'd still have him at Chelsea anytime, couldn't do worse than our current lot and would have potential to be a big hit next to his countryman Zouma. Doubt City would sell him to us tho.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whether we think the lads utter shite or what Citeh think that he's the player THEY need.

And the point that we need to take from this is WE need to pay whatever it takes for the players WE NEED. I dont mind sometimes if we haggle for someone on the offchance of getting him cheaper but theres times we really do need to play Billy big bollox and pay for the best we can get in certain positions.

3 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Whether we think the lads utter shite or what Citeh think that he's the player THEY need.

And the point that we need to take from this is WE need to pay whatever it takes for the players WE NEED. I dont mind sometimes if we haggle for someone on the offchance of getting him cheaper but theres times we really do need to play Billy big bollox and pay for the best we can get in certain positions.

The days of us being billy big bollox in the transfer market are long gone.

Absolutely depressing watching City and Utd throw astronomical amounts of money at these players while we twiddle our thumbs doing nothing.

18 minutes ago, Ryan Fong said:

So they have Mangala, Kompany, Otamendi, Stones for CB and we have Cahill and JT. :smh:

So they have a disappointment, a gimp, a disappointment and and overrated Englishman for CBs?

The converse side of the coin is that if we get that Koulibaly geezer we will have the best bunch of CBs in the league when Zouma's fit - JT, Zouma, KK, and Cahill (who is still not bad for a backup).

9 minutes ago, CurlyHairLikeLuiz said:

So they have a disappointment, a gimp, a disappointment and and overrated Englishman for CBs?

The converse side of the coin is that if we get that Koulibaly geezer we will have the best bunch of CBs in the league when Zouma's fit - JT, Zouma, KK, and Cahill (who is still not bad for a backup).

I dont know how you can think we can use JT and Cahill and progress. Imagine like now with Happy injured and maybe JT who will we use?

JT now even on a good day I wouldn't lose sleep about losing. And even tho he LOOKS better than the emaciated copy of himself last season I've got no time for. IF we land KK then yes we will have 2 amazing CBs but Id hate for either to get a knock.

I'd take Mangala over either JT or Cahill.

1 minute ago, Unionjack said:

I dont know how you can think we can use JT and Cahill and progress. Imagine like now with Happy injured and maybe JT who will we use?

JT now even on a good day I wouldn't lose sleep about losing. And even tho he LOOKS better than the emaciated copy of himself last season I've got no time for. IF we land KK then yes we will have 2 amazing CBs but Id hate for either to get a knock.

I don't think we can use Cahill and JT together, too slow. But JT and Zouma were good last season, he is still a good defender with a bit of speed next to him.

Personally I would sell Cahill because we'd get some good money for him. But that's never gonna happen, so I won't dwell on it.

15 minutes ago, CurlyHairLikeLuiz said:

If you're a biased af Chelsea, then yes, that's the way look at it. It also means that you are not to be taken seriously when talking football.

Just now, Amblève. said:

If you're a biased af Chelsea, then yes, that's the way look at it. It also means that you are not to be taken seriously when talking football.

:lol::lol: the whole football world was mocking City's defenders last season because they look awful when Kompany's not there; none of Otamendi or Mangala had any clue what they were doing and now I should sit here and congratulate them for wasting their money on a defender who was poor last season? What is the insistence on pissing away Roman's money needlessly? It's because you want to see quick results. Sit the fuck down and be patient. The same thing will happen if we banish JT from the team as what happened when Kompany got injured: Nobody had a clue what to do. You must have banished the memory of Cahill-Zouma from your memory because if you didn't you'd recall that the whole back line, including Azpilicueta, didn't have a fucking clue what they were doing. You need a leader, and JT's all we got.

Last time I checked Koulibaly is still a Napoli player isn't he? And how do you know Zouma can get back to his best after such a severe injury? I just stated the truth which is right now we ONLY have JT and Cahill for the CB and right, Hector as well if you think he should be counted one, compare to Citeh's four maybe not world class but at least decent CBs. Like many has mentioned, I would take the shittest one Mangala over JT and Cahill without a blink.

6 minutes ago, Ryan Fong said:

Last time I checked Koulibaly is still a Napoli player isn't he? And how do you know Zouma can get back to his best after such a severe injury? I just stated the truth which is right now we ONLY have JT and Cahill for the CB and right, Hector as well if you think he should be counted one, compare to Citeh's four maybe not world class but at least decent CBs. Like many has mentioned, I would take the shittest one Mangala over JT and Cahill without a blink.

Then what are you saying? Damned if you do, damned if you don't. I want Koulibaly, I do, but banishing JT will be a big mistake, he is not the problem.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You