John Stones

Sidzeret

3 minutes ago, The Chels said:

I can't wait till we go full press against Guardiola's City and ruin them. 

You do realize we still have Ivanovic-Cahill-Terry in the back 4, right? That's without mentioning the half-functional midfield.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then what are you saying? Damned if you do, damned if you don't. I want Koulibaly, I do, but banishing JT will be a big mistake, he is not the problem.

I just stated the obvious and dunno why you have such a reaction. What I tried to say is we need to sign sign sign, if we want to be competent, simple as. Banishing JT? Oh come on everyone knows he's the captain leader legend and I love him to bits, but let's be honest he is not good enough on the pitch.

This is true and totally depressing. Manchester fucking City have eclipsed us as a club. We simply cannot compete with either them or United for the upper echelon, super expensive players. That in itself wouldn't be a huge deal as long as we were at least bringing in players from that next level down, but we're doing fuck all!

City finished in the top 4 and already had a very good squad and have now signed 7 players for ~£150m. United finished far above us and have spent around the same.

Silence at Chelsea...

9 minutes ago, Pizy said:

This is true and totally depressing. Manchester fucking City have eclipsed us as a club. We simply cannot compete with either them or United for the upper echelon, super expensive players. That in itself wouldn't be a huge deal as long as we were at least bringing in players from that next level down, but we're doing fuck all!

City finished in the top 4 and already had a very good squad and have now signed 7 players for ~£150m. United finished far above us and have spent around the same.

Silence at Chelsea...

With the players we bought minus the money from players sold these past 2 years we have spoent £37 mill. This doesn't include money made from players loans or the money from sponsers ot TV etc. So going back to when I remember our own supporters whining that we were trying to buy the league and all we were doing was investing in players we desperatly needed if we was going to fight in the PL let alone Europe.

The Rags,Citeh,Scouser and North Londoners all finished above us yet all spending more on players they need to strengthen their already strong sides (whether you say tongue in cheek that they aren't stronger)

If you complain when the club puts its hand in their pockets and spend £50/£60 mil oin a player like Lukaku/Stones etc that are arguably better than our existing players just because they aren't your particular choice then there is something wrong with our supporters.

Right now this season could be the making or breaking of us and for just 3 or 4 players of a particular standard, we could be competing at the highest levels once again.

Dont moan if you think we are overspending. Moan if we don't and just buy wannabes or hasbeens at the last minute.

1 hour ago, Essien19 said:

A lot of money, but he'll improve their squad. City have a top class team, they could do worse than buying a huge English talent!

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

Think not, if they would have gotten their original target in Laporte I would have said yes. 

Pique and Boateng were at a similar stage of development under Guardiola and both progressed immensely. The same could happen with Stones.

This does not have to be a problem if Chelsea bring Christensen back (a mistake not bring him back this summer imo).

Guardiola starting to shape the team in his vision. Fullbacks don't look like his type though. And centre midfield is still a bit underwhelming, his most crucial line.

2 hours ago, Pizy said:

Silence at Chelsea...

Very depressing...

3 hours ago, The Chels said:

I can't wait till we go full press against Guardiola's City and ruin them. 

In what universe? :D

We're light years behind Bayer Leverkusen, Atletico Madrid, and even Tottenham/Liverpool :cry:

But yes, over the next couple of transfer windows, if we fill our squad with more dynamic/athletic players, maybe we'll catch up to modern football soon enough. 

So they have a disappointment, a gimp, a disappointment and and overrated Englishman for CBs?

The converse side of the coin is that if we get that Koulibaly geezer we will have the best bunch of CBs in the league when Zouma's fit - JT, Zouma, KK, and Cahill (who is still not bad for a backup).

LMAO

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You