John Stones

Sidzeret

No official video of him crying but it has been going around on twitter, there is a video of him being abused as he walks off the pitch though.

Just like Jose crying when United hired Moyes. Right?

All BS. People believe anything.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That ends the fantasy of wanting an English centerback to play for us in the future. Just play a backline of

Azpi - Zouma - Terry - baba

and we could cope with this setback. But ivanovic has to be sacrificed now that we can't get stones to cover for him.

A mobile technical midfielder for the big games is what we don't have.

The midfielder you describe and a starting quality CM are both higher priorities than a CB.

Modric had all the power. He was a world class CM at the heart of Spurs team. They would have suffered massively if he sat out and they didnt have the money to replace him.

Everton dont need Stones as much as he need them. Hes 21. Not 29. He'll get plenty of chance to get his big move. Right now he needs game time to develop.

It'll be nice for him to go to a bigger club, but its not really priority. Heck, he hasn't even made into the international side properly.

Possibly. But Stones now has Chelsea. He doesn't need to wait anymore, his big chance is here. Like Jason said, he needs to do more. Get an agent to make some noise, or someone.

So, exist a type of a tacit agreement with the player? Other clubs just need pay the same amount of the release clause, but they never do that? Interesting, because, i remember read something different in RC about the Ander transfer.

Hi friend!

It is the player himself who, in theory (legally), pay those 50 million but he does paying those 50 million with his salary. Which is impossible because no player can pay his buyout clause with his own salary.

But legally it is done in that way, paying him from his own salary (but actually, would be Chelsea Who would pay those 50 million, not the player). And after that, the Spanish services taxes would be who would demand to Laporte pay those 45% more in taxes.

But all sides lose with this deal. Because Athletic de Bilbao also would have to pay another 45% more in taxes to the services of Spanish taxes.

In this type of agreement the only part that gets benefits are the Spanish tax services.

That's why there is a verbal agreement to never pay buyout clause and make an agreement between the teams for the price set in the buyout clause.

For example, players like Javi Martinez and Ander Herrera were signed by the price fixed in his buyout clause, but as an agreement between clubs, not being paid by the player himself. Without 45% more in taxes.

In summary if we want to sign Laporte, we have to convince Laporte, no Athletic Bilbao. And the final price are 50 million euros.

Sorry for my English .... I hope I explained well.

Regards.

Hi friend!

It is the player himself who, in theory (legally), pay those 50 million but he does paying those 50 million with his salary. Which is impossible because no player can pay his buyout clause with his own salary.

But legally it is done in that way, paying him from his own salary (but actually, would be Chelsea Who would pay those 50 million, not the player). And after that, the Spanish services taxes would be who would demand to Laporte pay those 45% more in taxes.

But all sides lose with this deal. Because Athletic de Bilbao also would have to pay another 45% more in taxes to the services of Spanish taxes.

In this type of agreement the only part that gets benefits are the Spanish tax services.

That's why there is a verbal agreement to never pay buyout clause and make an agreement between the teams for the price set in the buyout clause.

For example, players like Javi Martinez and Ander Herrera were signed by the price fixed in his buyout clause, but as an agreement between clubs, not being paid by the player himself. Without 45% more in taxes.

In summary if we want to sign Laporte, we have to convince Laporte, no Athletic Bilbao. And the final price are 50 million euros.

Sorry for my English .... I hope I explained well.

Regards.

You da homie.

Possibly. But Stones now has Chelsea. He doesn't need to wait anymore, his big chance is here. Like Jason said, he needs to do more. Get an agent to make some noise, or someone.

Why? Its pointlessly detrimental to him.

The club's chairman released an offical statement saying he wont sell.

That is something Levy never did with Modric or Bale, nor did John Henry with Sterling.

Anything he does simply alienates him at a club where he is gaureented a starting role.

So, exist a type of a tacit agreement with the player? Other clubs just need pay the same amount of the release clause, but they never do that? Interesting, because, i remember read something different in RC about the Ander transfer.

That is what generally happens. When we signed Diego Costa, for example, we agreed a deal with Atletico instead of actually activating the clause but Athletic is different because they don't need the money.

Herrera had to buy out his own contract and therefore pay tax on the buyout clause (for which United would have paid him). Whatever the price of Laporte's buyout clause we will have to pay that + tax (20-47%), for sure.

The most exciting part about this for me was that he was probably our biggest opportunity to force Ivanovic out of the team for this season (I can't see the intro of Baba doing it yet). I could definitely see him starting on the right and gradually phasing him into the centre over JT. Zouma could push Cahill out too. Alas...other than that I'm not too fussed. Zouma is ahead of him IMO.

We could have ivanovic as a back up centre back if needs be, but we're not in a crisis in defence like some seem to think. If we play Cahill and Zouma in the central pairing and Azpilicueta and Baba either flanks, we shouldn't have a problem for pressing higher. We have just as good a defence as any top team in Europe, it's just individual mistakes that have let us down. We should have thought about strenghtening this area as soon as the window opened though, not 5 days before the close of the window - ridiculous by the board. After all the praise we have been giving the board, they now have made it difficult for themselves to get in replacements so late.

You wanna keep playing Cahill then youre a better man than me mate.

And everyone was slagging the board off less than 2 weeks ago because we thought they didnt give a shit about bringing anyome in or spending any money because we were saving for a new ground.

But its proved that the board and Mou are as one. They do want to bring players in, spend money, upgrade the 1st XI.

Mou might have been telling the exact truth when he said we want the Eiffel tower in our back yard but its not possible. But at least we are trying.

To be very honest I will be happy to just qualify in Europe next season and use this year to experiment with different things and spend the season working on players to bring in next year. But everyone would be going bonkers so it couldnt happen.

So lets hope we do have a plan C + D for CB and a CM.

Why? Its pointlessly detrimental to him.

The club's chairman released an offical statement saying he wont sell.

That is something Levy never did with Modric or Bale, nor did John Henry with Sterling.

Anything he does simply alienates him at a club where he is gaureented a starting role.

Only small minded clubs keep players against their will.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You