John Stones

Sidzeret

So, this guy isn't bothered at all by the fact he could make double per week what he's making now? Or play in the advanced stages of the Champions League instead of Europa? Train under Jose and JT, not Martinez and Jakigelka? Also, Everton just want to fuck with CFC, they're lucky to get an offer in excess of 35m, if United offered that they'd insisit he go for cheaper, yet they refuse the offer, why? Cause of their bitchy manager. Oh well, let Stones rot and a declining club.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, with Ander happened the same. Athletic doesn't sell his players if they don't want.

No. No. No. If a player has a release clause, the club have no power to stop a transfer once the clause is triggered. Jesus. Basic stuff. Its up to the player to agree to the termd. Sll the club can do is to convince him not to go.

On a scale from 1-10, how likely are Atheltic to sell if we triggered Laporte's release clause? I hadn't watched him in a while so I hopped on to the old YouTube and watched his highlight from this past season. Fuck, he's good.

There's no chance Athletic agree to any deal so we'd have to activate his buyout clause which the Guardian say is £30m.

If that's right then I believe the final price would be approximately £36-44m, depending on rate of tax (dealing with Athletic is a nightmare).

His agent is apparently now Jorge Mendes, by the way.

The top comment in the Daily Mail article is bang on...

Also, Everton are basically valuing him as a 150k a week player, but probably pay him only 30-60k a week. How does that work then?

Martinez is probably still pissed with all those late/controversial losses he's suffered at the Bridge, hence why he's doing this.

Uhh, that's what I said. Triggering the clause is one thing. If the player doesn't agree to come then it doesn't matter.

No. You said: how likely are Athletic to sell if we truggered the clause.

Athletic have no say. If we trigger the clause they must sell.

There's no chance Athletic agree to any deal so we'd have to activate his buyout clause which the Guardian say is £30m.

If that's right then I believe the final price would be approximately £36-44m, depending on rate of tax (dealing with Athletic is a nightmare).

His agent is apparently now Jorge Mendes, by the way.

Then its safe to say Jose doesnt want him. Surely he'd have avoided the Stones headache if he rated hom highly.

No. No. No. If a player has a release clause, the club have no power to stop a transfer once the clause is triggered. Jesus. Basic stuff. Its up to the player to agree to the termd. Sll the club can do is to convince him not to go.

It's me or you not understand my point?

It'll be interesting to see what are we gonna do now. Not having any other player coming to us, until the transfer window closes, would be quite a bit discouraging. I do hope we have a plan b, the defender from monaco, that i can't spell correctly would be interesting, many on here are suggesting Laporte, that would be a dream, however a question comes to my mind: why didn't we go for him from the beginning if we were ready to offer 37m for Stones? Surely Laporte has more quality in him right now than Stones.
It'll be also interesting to see what we are gonna do for the midfield, as things stand right now, i'm quite worried for our form. I hope the lads will wake up soon and will start performing like last season.

No. You said: how likely are Athletic to sell if we truggered the clause.

Athletic have no say. If we trigger the clause they must sell.

Your're still missing my point here. If we triggered Messi's release clause that doesn't automatically mean he'll be a Chelsea player. He'd have to WANT to come here.

If we go to Athletic tomorrow and trigger the clause he's not suddenly a Chelsea player.

So, this guy isn't bothered at all by the fact he could make double per week what he's making now? Or play in the advanced stages of the Champions League instead of Europa? Train under Jose and JT, not Martinez and Jakigelka? Also, Everton just want to fuck with CFC, they're lucky to get an offer in excess of 35m, if United offered that they'd insisit he go for cheaper, yet they refuse the offer, why? Cause of their bitchy manager. Oh well, let Stones rot and a declining club.

I'm sure Stones is bothered by the fact he could earn more and win loads with us, it's not him, he's done everything he can to try and make this move possible. In the same sentence Martinez, Kenwright and the whole Everton board have made a stance now, it's egg on their face time if they back track now.

The top comment in the Daily Mail article is bang on...

Also, Everton are basically valuing him as a 150k a week player, but probably pay him only 30-60k a week. How does that work then?

Yeah, well he is only on £30k p/w. If he does indeed stay there over the transfer window, don't be surprised to see him offered a new contract. Not because it shows a sign of intention but more because he will demand a much biggwe wage packet despite his contract expriring in 4 years time.

Everton aren't in Europa League at all.

About Laporte: his buyout clause is 50 million euros (36.52 million pounds). This is for Spanish teams and also for foreign teams because, in legal terms, it is the player himself (Laporte, in this case) who pays those 50 million euros.

It is a legal question. Laporte go to the official Seat of La Liga and he deposited those 50 million euros. And he (Laporte) and the club which receives money (Athletic de Bilbao) have to pay 45% more to the Spanish services tax of taxes added.

But this never happens. At the end all the teams reach an agreement on the price set at the buyout clause because the final% is lower in this type of agreement.

Laporte would cost 50 million euros (36.52 million pounds). And it is a good option, but perhaps Stones is better for being English and being adapted to Premier League football.

By the way, sorry for my English, I hope I explained well.

Everton aren't in Europa League at all.

Last year i mean.

I'm sure Stones is bothered by the fact he could earn more and win loads with us, it's not him, he's done everything he can to try and make this move possible. In the same sentence Martinez, Kenwright and the whole Everton board have made a stance now, it's egg on their face time if they back track now.

He's not done enough. If he really wanted to move he could do what Modric did and refuse to report to training.

Your're still missing my point here. If we triggered Messi's release clause that doesn't automatically mean he'll be a Chelsea player. He'd have to WANT to come here.

If we go to Athletic tomorrow and trigger the clause he's not suddenly a Chelsea player.

Which is why I told you that Laporte would probably come.

You should have said: "how likely is Laporte to agree to come if we triggered his clause." And not: "how likely is Athletic to sell if we triggered the clause."

Doesn't matter so long as Ivanovic is RB.

I hope that's a joke. He should be either playing as a CB or on the bench. Azpi and Baba should be our regular fullbacks this season.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You