Man City v Chelsea

Jase

Well, I disagree totally. Citeh are too powerful for current Chelsea. Your simple explanation of playing counter attack just does not cut it with me. Chelsea will park the bus & hope for the best on Monday.

park the bus and hope for the best??? like west ham you mean? you think Chelsea are just going to sit back and not exploit the space City will leave us to counter in? if we are just going to park the bus and hope for the best we may as well start this team

Cech

Azpilicueta - Ivanovic - Luiz - Cahill - Terry - Cole

Mikel - Ramires - Matic

Oscar

Cech

Azpilicueta - Cahill - Terry - Cole

Ramires - Matic

Willian - Oscar - Hazard

Eto'o

I hope we go with something like that. Don't want Ivan at RB, as i think Azpi can do the job there, and crucially deliver a half decent final ball. Don't want us to sit back too much otherwise we will get picked apart unless we try to do the full Sit back job like West ham, but we aren't gonna go that far. Hazard can counter extremely quickly, and Rami can get up and down extremely quickly. I think we can win this.

So Jesus Navas up against Cole....sometimes I wish it was 2010 as well, but honestly I think Navas would torment Cole. I hope I'm wrong but I think I'd go with Azpi there.

Then you've got Ivanovic at right-back probably up against Silva (?) who is skilful but not likely to skin him for pace. If we can keep it tight then maybe Ivanovic's presence at set-pieces can be one of our best chances.

Rami in midfield against Man City last year was a disaster, so maybe Lamps instead. Again, he's a goal threat (compared to our other options) and Matic can do a lot of his defensive work. The front three probably picks itself.

park the bus and hope for the best??? like west ham you mean? you think Chelsea are just going to sit back and not exploit the space City will leave us to counter in? if we are just going to park the bus and hope for the best we may as well start this team

Cech

Azpilicueta - Ivanovic - Luiz - Cahill - Terry - Cole

Mikel - Ramires - Matic

Oscar

Perhaps, you may get in touch with Jose & recommend it to him ?

Whether Chelsea is going to sit back or counter attack, I or you do not know it.

Personally, I wish Chelsea will play well but somehow I do not have much confidence in getting the result on Monday. Hopefully I am wrong, then.

This is the title decider match. We lose the game we lose the title. We draw and everything is still open. We win this game we win the title. Obviously it's not a fact but it's my opinion and i think im 'kinda' right with this.

No your not. If we lose, we can still win the title, and if we win we won't even go top of the league. Stupid comment.

This is the title decider match. We lose the game we lose the title. We draw and everything is still open. We win this game we win the title. Obviously it's not a fact but it's my opinion and i think im 'kinda' right with this.

I know. But the only thing I know for a fact, this season, is that Manures are going to fuck up really bad. Deal with it @JayC

No your not. If we lose, we can still win the title, and if we win we won't even go top of the league. Stupid comment.

You're a smart boy. I really didn't know that we can win the title if we lose this game, thanks for the enlightment. Looks like Manu can win the title too, wow.

On a serious note: My comment is not stupid , i said that it's not a fact what i am saying , it's an opinion. Do you really think we can win the title if we go 6 behind City? We are chasing arsenal for months now and we are only 2 behind them(Arsenal, let this sink in).

I am not slagging off the club or the players or the manager because i didn't expect us to win the title this year like some people did. Mourinho is no magician who can turn Mikel into Pele but i have faith in him that we will build a team in a year or too that will be unbeatable more or less.

But hey, you are right, if we lose the next 3 games mathematically we can still win the title.

Perhaps, you may get in touch with Jose & recommend it to him ?

Whether Chelsea is going to sit back or counter attack, I or you do not know it.

Personally, I wish Chelsea will play well but somehow I do not have much confidence in getting the result on Monday. Hopefully I am wrong, then.

well actually i do know how we are going to play! we will play how Mourinho always sets his teams out to play and that is counter attacking football!

well actually i do know how we are going to play! we will play how Mourinho always sets his teams out to play and that is counter attacking football!

Now you are talking. Just one little correction here. 90 % of parking the bus & maybe 10 % of counter ?

You're a smart boy. I really didn't know that we can win the title if we lose this game, thanks for the enlightment. Looks like Manu can win the title too, wow.

On a serious note: My comment is not stupid , i said that it's not a fact what i am saying , it's an opinion. Do you really think we can win the title if we go 6 behind City? We are chasing arsenal for months now and we are only 2 behind them(Arsenal, let this sink in).

I am not slagging off the club or the players or the manager because i didn't expect us to win the title this year like some people did. Mourinho is no magician who can turn Mikel into Pele but i have faith in him that we will build a team in a year or too that will be unbeatable more or less.

But hey, you are right, if we lose the next 3 games mathematically we can still win the title.

6 points with 14 games left is nothing, especially with City having some tough games. It makes it tougher, but even if we went and won on Monday then I wouldn't put us as favourites. Unfortunately it's games like last night's one (and home to West Brom) that tend to decide titles.

But 6 points off the top in February is certainly surmountable.

Can we still win the title if we lose on Monday? Yes, of course we can. City will probably be competing on all fronts the whole season, and they have a very tough run of games coming up, including two games against Barcelona which will take the energy out of them. If they come through that, they'll have two more, and so on. I think what can win the league for us is that everyone of City's players seem to be hitting form at the same time. This cannot go on forever, they'll drop in form, and thats when we'll see what their made of.

Even if we lose, which I don't think we will, The title race is far from over.

It's not that i don't like Chelsea winning the title, believe me i like it as much as everyone here. Problem is that we have Champions league games too and we could drop in form too, it's not like only City and Arsenal are affected by this. If we lose on monday we then have to wait for City to really fuck up and we need to win 85-90% of the games. Yes, it's possible but the chances are slim. This doesn't mean that i dont believe in the team or that im hoping for City to win the title.

On a more off-topic note: If we don't win the title i actually hope City wins it. I cannot watch Arsenal fans jizzing all over their pc's on forums on how about Ozil and Wenger are the best in the world, and who doesnt enjoy Arsenal going into a decade without any cup?

Didn't watch the West Ham game but it sounds like they employed RDM tactics vs Barca and got the result. It doesn't mean we aren't playing good football, it means we couldn't put the ball through the eye of a needle.

City will be VERY different! They are scoring at will it seems. I don't think it would be wise to play for a draw, I think we need to play to win because City will almost assuredly score at Etihad.

Cech

Azpilicueta - Luiz - Terry - Cole
Matic - Ramires

Schurrle - Oscar - Hazard
Eto'o

I left Willian out because we need an impact sub this game and he seems the most likely candidate. I can't predict a scoreline but hoping for a 2-1.

6 points with 14 games left is nothing, especially with City having some tough games. It makes it tougher, but even if we went and won on Monday then I wouldn't put us as favourites. Unfortunately it's games like last night's one (and home to West Brom) that tend to decide titles.

But 6 points off the top in February is certainly surmountable.

If we go level with city then we have a fairly better chance of winning the title just because of our fixtures compared to them. Doesn't mean that we will ofcourse but we have a slightly better chance if you look at the fixtures. If we go 6 points below City it's still doable but then we would have only a slim chance to win the title. I am only comparing the chances that we and city have. If we lose they have a better chance to win it. If we win we have a better chance to win it. If we draw then things are still open for me since i cannot foresee the future. Having better chances doesn't mean we or them will win it. It's the Premier League and everything can happe here.

Right on. Whatever works. Jose mentioned Black&Decker today. He ought hand out axis on Monday. Just chop them down.

I sometimes think that Mourinho doesn't give a shit about his word. One day he comes out and says that we won't buy anything in January and it will be quiet. One month later: Essien,Mata,KDB out. Matic and Salah in. Today he says that West Ham played 90s football and then he does the same on Monday. I love him for this.