Man City v Chelsea

Jase

Think set pieces is an area where we can hurt City as they have not looked all that convincing when defending those situations lately. Cardiff scored from one not too long ago and Spurs got two yesterday, although one was ruled out for offside(IIRC).

Also, I am worried about Azpi or Cole starting at LB for this one especially if Navas starts. A right footed player in Azpi dealing with another same footed player is not exactly ideal in such situations. Even Azpi had a bit of problem dealing with Valencia in that United game and as for Cole, well we know he isn't exactly the best in defending anymore right now.

why are people saying that we are out of the race if we'll lose this match? we would still only be 6 points behind them. thats not that much.

I would be happy with a draw. at home, city are beasts and they are better than us in nearly every departmend on the pitch (minus goalkeeper). so I would be happy with a draw away from home. we fucked this situation up by drawing to West Ham, hopefully this time Mou picks up a decent team (has to include Matic!!).

why are people saying that we are out of the race if we'll lose this match? we would still only be 6 points behind them. thats not that much.

I would be happy with a draw. at home, city are beasts and they are better than us in nearly every departmend on the pitch (minus goalkeeper). so I would be happy with a draw away from home. we fucked this situation up by drawing to West Ham, hopefully this time Mou picks up a decent team (has to include Matic!!).

City have to lose 2 and because of superior goal difference- draw or lose another game while we need to win all the remaining games. Possible? yes. Probable? No.

A City team that destroy teams for fun is gonna lose 2-3 games for the remaining period of the season? Not a chance.

I'd love us to win, I mean we did last time and I didn't expect, if Etoo could just play like he did against Utd instead of how he played last night, we'd have a chance.

We could ask if we can have an extra player on because our strikers are pish and there's are great. :(

Think set pieces is an area where we can hurt City as they have not looked all that convincing when defending those situations lately. Cardiff scored from one not too long ago and Spurs got two yesterday, although one was ruled out for offside(IIRC).

Also, I am worried about Azpi or Cole starting at LB for this one especially if Navas starts. A right footed player in Azpi dealing with another same footed player is not exactly ideal in such situations. Even Azpi had a bit of problem dealing with Valencia in that United game and as for Cole, well we know he isn't exactly the best in defending anymore right now.

i don't know. other than Mata all other setpiece takers are piss poor. need to work on delivery as there are 3 good headers of the ball in the XI

i don't know. other than Mata all other setpiece takers are piss poor. need to work on delivery as there are 3 good headers of the ball in the XI

Oscar and Lampard are both good at set pieces. Both are rightys though. Luiz?

Forgot about Lampard. He's pretty consistent with delivery

Consistent? Meh. All our current set piece takers are inconsistent and more often than not, their deliveries don't even get past the near post, always hitting the first man.

Consistent? Meh. All our current set piece takers are inconsistent and more often than not, their deliveries don't even get past the near post, always hitting the first man.

yeah. Willian, Oscar, Hazard. None of them are consistent but Frank is better

6 points with 14 games left is nothing, especially with City having some tough games. It makes it tougher, but even if we went and won on Monday then I wouldn't put us as favourites. Unfortunately it's games like last night's one (and home to West Brom) that tend to decide titles.

But 6 points off the top in February is certainly surmountable.

It really isnt!

It is not just about City losing points in future tough games, it more about us not being ready to go out there and have a good enough run until the end of the season.

Chelsea is still way too premature to revert a 2 game efficit in 14. In order to win the title, we must at least draw.

6 points is too much...