Man City v Chelsea

Jase

6 points with 14 games left is nothing, especially with City having some tough games. It makes it tougher, but even if we went and won on Monday then I wouldn't put us as favourites. Unfortunately it's games like last night's one (and home to West Brom) that tend to decide titles.

But 6 points off the top in February is certainly surmountable.

Tough games? against who? They are steamrolling everyone in the Prem... They have tough games against Barca that's it.

Tough games? against who? They are steamrolling everyone in the Prem... They have tough games against Barca that's it.

Sunderland at home.

Stoke at home.

Hull away.

Man United away.

Arsenal away.

Liverpool away.

Palace away.

Everton away.

West Ham at home.

All these teams are either fighting for survival or fighting for a top four spot or even the title.

Their last three games are away to Palace (under Pulis they are a tough team), away to Everton and then the last day of the season they've got West Ham who might be fighting for the Premier League lives.

Sunderland at home.

Stoke at home.

Hull away.

Man United away.

Arsenal away.

Liverpool away.

Palace away.

Everton away.

West Ham at home.

All these teams are either fighting for survival or fighting for a top four spot or even the title.

Their last three games are away to Palace (under Pulis they are a tough team), away to Everton and then the last day of the season they've got West Ham who might be fighting for the Premier League lives.

Honestly, the only thing that's gonna stop this City team is injuries, I don't think any of those teams pose much of a threat to them. Its not like they are winning marginally, they are battering teams right now...

Eto'o

Hazard Willian

Matic - Mikel - Ramires

Cole - Terry - Cahill - Azpi

Cech

A three man midfield to battle it out against Yaya - Fernandinho and then Hazard and Willian to counter-attack them to death. If we're in need of a goal, get Oscar on for Mikel and try to take more control of the game, otherwise stick Lampard in there at some point to further choke the midfield.

So Jesus Navas up against Cole....sometimes I wish it was 2010 as well, but honestly I think Navas would torment Cole. I hope I'm wrong but I think I'd go with Azpi there.

Then you've got Ivanovic at right-back probably up against Silva (?) who is skilful but not likely to skin him for pace. If we can keep it tight then maybe Ivanovic's presence at set-pieces can be one of our best chances.

Rami in midfield against Man City last year was a disaster, so maybe Lamps instead. Again, he's a goal threat (compared to our other options) and Matic can do a lot of his defensive work. The front three probably picks itself.

I am honestly not seeing this huge dropoff on the cole front. He is not what he was for certain. But he isn't as bad as he is being made out. And having a naturally left footed player there has its own advantages. As for Rami, his engine is what we need in these sort of games. Get back and defend then springboard into attack. Ivans presense at set pieces is kind of off set by his delivery which occurs a lot during the game imo. And i don't think we lose out significantly from Ivan to Azpi at RB. But yeah you make a good point, and i can see it both ways.

As for Lampard, having Matic should provide him more freedom so its a viable option, but against City especially Matic could probably use some assistence.

But tbh i would honestly put lampard up front pack the midfield and let lampard make his late runs and take shots at his hearts content.

Can we still win the title if we lose on Monday? Yes, of course we can. City will probably be competing on all fronts the whole season, and they have a very tough run of games coming up, including two games against Barcelona which will take the energy out of them. If they come through that, they'll have two more, and so on. I think what can win the league for us is that everyone of City's players seem to be hitting form at the same time. This cannot go on forever, they'll drop in form, and thats when we'll see what their made of.

Even if we lose, which I don't think we will, The title race is far from over.

It's why I don't get why people root against our domestic rivals in other competitions. The more games they play, the harder it is for them to win any particular competition. Them getting into the CL knockout stage was great for us. It's the difference between being pro-Chelsea and anti-other teams.

What's with all the title talk? the goal is to finish in the top 3 and we're well on course to achieve that.

If we really wanted to win the title, we would have signed a striker given how we're so close to the top, with 3 average options.

But Mourinho keeps talking about next season, which imo is a big mistake. Man city could well run off with it from the start like 2 seasons ago, and not drop silly points away like this season. Oh well.

Why are people stressing about the title. Our aim has always been top 3. If something happen to City and they seriously fuck up, then we or Arsenal can capitalize. But this is City's title to lose regardless of the outcome of this match.

This is one game I am really worried about. It's fucking City at their demolition ground. Scary thing is that that they have many amazing players (just like we do) but they finally play like team with game plan under Pellegrini. I wish Mancini was still in charge lol he held them back.

I sometimes think that Mourinho doesn't give a shit about his word. One day he comes out and says that we won't buy anything in January and it will be quiet. One month later: Essien,Mata,KDB out. Matic and Salah in. Today he says that West Ham played 90s football and then he does the same on Monday. I love him for this.

According to The lonely place to be...Jose tells everything to Chelsea players privately. LOL.

No team has ever won all 19 home games in the PL. Man City have already played Arsenal, Liverpool, Tottenham, Everton, Man Utd, Newcastle at home and won all the matches. We may be the last team to have a realistic chance to steal a point or three from the Etihad. Let's do it.

come on they are hardly unbeatable! Bayern already beat them there and beat them comfortably! If we can score first, we will have a pretty good chance of beating them.

You are talking about THE best team in the world and compare them to us, a good young team still in development?

As for this game, anything other than a 0-0 draw is a bonus imo. Jose will go full ultra defensive in this 1, almost like that Barca-Inter game 4 years ago. But if they score an early goal our whole plan might be fucked. This is the team I think he would put out on Mon:

Cech

Ivan Cahill Terry Dave

Ramires Matic Mikel

Wilian Eto'o Hazard

Set up to defend obviously, but if we go 1-2 down by half time Lampard/Oscar will come on for Mikel or Matic

Their team can easily be got at, Spurs just sucked last night but they still got a goal with 10 men. Spurs were so slow getting the ball forward and looked clueless when they crossed the halfway line, there was hardly any movement up front for them. They had a bit of joy down the left wing

We need a quick transition from defense to attack, which is why Matic needs to play IMO.