Man City v Chelsea

Jase

My prediction

12 pages off people saying we are going to get hammered and using examples of City beating teams we didn't just like against Arsenal and Liverpool and also like on those occasions we get something due to a good team effort.

This is getting tedious.

We can do it if we set up perfectly. The best possible squad in the best possible shape. Zero individual mistakes, zero collective mistakes, zero mistakes of any kind. We are gonna get chances because City are going to attack and leave room to exploit and when those chances present themselves, we must make sure to take them. Unfortunately, considering our current form in front of goal, a 0-0 draw is more likely. We could settle for a draw had we won yesterday, but now we have no choice but to go for it if we're gonna take this title bid seriously.

Cech

Azpi Cahill Terry Cole

Matic Lampard

Willian Oscar Hazard

Eto'o

Kind of do get the feeling that this is a must win if we want to win the title.

I agree with everything besides I'd have Ivanovic in the starting 11 instead of AC. Ivanovic is the superior defensive option, and we won't need him "crossing", since I'm guessing most of our offense will be on the counter.

We can do it if we set up perfectly. The best possible squad in the best possible shape. Zero individual mistakes, zero collective mistakes, zero mistakes of any kind. We are gonna get chances because City are going to attack and leave room to exploit and when those chances present themselves, we must make sure to take them. Unfortunately, considering our current form in front of goal, a 0-0 draw is more likely. We could settle for a draw had we won yesterday, but now we have no choice but to go for it if we're gonna take this title bid seriously.

Agree with that. This City team doesn't look like it will ever go through a bad patch, and there's probably 1 or 2 tough fixtures in their schedule. Chelsea not only need to beat them, but remain super consistent afterwards...Only positive is that Arsenal might start to slip away now..

Hardest game of the season. We need to produce something extra special to beat this City side.

Eto'o needs to be at his sharpest and needs to put away any sniff of a chance he gets

Hazard needs to put in a shift both defensively and offensively cuz he's up against Zabaleta who is a work horse. He's up and down throughout the 90mins

Oscar and Willian need to be all over Toure and Fernandinho as difficult as that may sound

The DP needs to be amazing and neutralize the threat that Silva poses with his vision and skill

Our centre backs are gonna be busy. 'The Beast' will be a handful and he's in unstoppable goalscoring form.

Mourinho, make this happen.

If we parked the bus against arsenal, then Man C is definitively a parked bus type of match

park the bus is a totally defensive tactic with 10 men behind the ball. so, no we didn't park the bus against Arsenal. only time Chelsea has parked the bus was vs Barcelona and Bayern off the top of my head.

Don't really think parking the bus would really work against City - you gotta press them.

Cech
Iva Cahill Terry Cole
Luiz Matic
Willian/ramires Oscar Hazard
Eto'o

Now it's the time to play negative disruptive football. It's the time you play a CB in midfield - spec if he does OK there, which is the case for Luiz. Really it's nothing that hasn't been done before.

Between Luiz and Matic (and ever ramires) reckon we could win most of the 50/50s, rebounds, and the like. Which would make the game a lot more difficult for City.

Anyway, handling the big tough teams happens to be Jose's specialty and why he makes the big bucks.

Eto'o needs to be at his sharpest and needs to put away any sniff of a chance he gets

The only hope you have is if he turns into *deflection-man* again. Like when he played us. The best striker you have available sits on the bench every week and the other is out on loan.

Da da da da, da da deflection man!

Seriously, you get beat. Deal with it.

No matter how poor Ivanovic's been, do you guys really fancy Cole against Navas? He may offer us more balance on the left, but he'll be exploited. Elmohamady went past him for fun a few weeks ago. Cole has always struggled against faster players, but it seems like this season even the slower players get the better of him.

Cech

Iva - Cahill - Terry - Azpi

Ramires - Matic - Lampard

Willian/Oscar Hazard

Eto'o

I'm leaning towards Willian instead of Oscar, we're going to need the pace and power of both Willlian and Hazard on the break, City look vulnerable at the back when teams counter quickly, look at the Liverpool game for example.

Best defense vs best attack, a proper showdown.

IIRC, Arsenal and Spurs previously went to the Etihad with the league's meanest defence and ended up shipping 6 goals there. Now we have that record...

And pardon me for negative but I can only see City winning this and I'm quite afraid how many goals they will score against us...

So, it looks like Aguero can't play, which would help us a little bit. This is the hardest fixture in the Premier League for us, but on the other hand, City like to attack and that leaves us some counter-attacking possibilities. I trust my team, I trust José, and I wish we can get even a point from there!

Cmon Chelsea!