Ryan Bertrand

DavidEU

W/ the emergence of Bertrand, I don't find the need of Adam Johnson any longer. I was looking today on the transfer forum & there were 2 separate threads for Adam Johnson, w/ over 150 posts each. Bertrand is working w/ his mentor Ashley Cole & that along will help him get better. Another reason to resign Ashley, as we all know Ashley wants more jack to get another Aston Martin ;)

Ash just likes to collect cup winners medals the way scousers collect hubcaps and gooners hoard whine

Congrats to Ryan for keeping his place in the England squad today. Fair play to Hodgson for rewarding his fine start to the season.

With Baines and Ash also in the squad, Hodgson might be considering him for left midfield given how well he plays alongside Cole.

As a side note we account for a quarter of this England squad - 6 from 24.

According to reports, Bertrand has been handed a new five year deal with wages doubled. Fully deserved imo, even though he still had four years left on the contract he signed only last year. This year just couldn't get any better for Ryan, could it?

According to reports, Bertrand has been handed a new five year deal with wages doubled. Fully deserved imo, even though he still had four years left on the contract he signed only last year. This year just couldn't get any better for Ryan, could it?

http://www.dailymail..._medium=twitter

Totally deserved, so happy for him!

If RDM is going to keep playing the Ash-Ryan combo i hope he rotates who is the left back.

My only worry is Ryan knows at LM if he get's skinned (which is a very rare occurance) Ash is there to cover up, he won't have that luxury at left back, so i don't want him to get too use to it.

If RDM is going to keep playing the Ash-Ryan combo i hope he rotates who is the left back.

My only worry is Ryan knows at LM if he get's skinned (which is a very rare occurance) Ash is there to cover up, he won't have that luxury at left back, so i don't want him to get too use to it.

good point all i wanted was for ash to get a fucking rest for once! hahaha

in an ideal world, ash is lb, bertrand becomes lm, and hazard-lw. that would absolutely shut down the left side, how amazing that would be.....

• 3 weeks later...

If Terry gets that stupid ban from the FA i would not be surprised to see Ryan used as a right back in some games.

Reason being Robbie will probably use Ivanovic as rotation with Cahill and Luiz in the centre while JT is out, so Ryan will probably be used as cover for both Cole and Azpi as i don't think Paulo will be getting games unless absolutely nessesery.

• 2 weeks later...