Ryan Bertrand

DavidEU

Henrique, just give it up.

Bertrand performance was very poor, our double pivot was slugish at times, the system didnt help as well and he was vunerable. Hazard tracked back a few times but they did not help at all, since he got passed so easily. Also, it was against a very high quality team (one of the best in Europe), not some bullshit mid table team.

That said, it is clearly not the worst performance of all time by a Chelsea player. Definetly not, at least he did not cost us the game. I know it was lucky, but it did not cost 3 points.

I can dig some worse displays by Torres, Bosingwa, Mineiro, etc.

Well, what is a match against Liverpool (a mid table team) compared with a crucial match in UCL?

Well, we never lost a trophy because of Bosingwa, and we never got knocked out in the group stage because of him, and to be fair, Bosingwa never played so bad as Bertrand yesterday, in fact I remeber great matches by the Portuguese, like when he played against Barcelona.

I never understood why RDM believes Bertrand is ready for the first team, because he is not even close. Perhaps in the future.

Yea, I remember a few good matches by Bosingwa (before the major injury) but the rest of the time, he didn't know how to defend. I'm glad he went to QPR, hopefully he can help them get relegated from the premier league this season :D

Mineiro lmao, I'd totally forgotten about him. He made like one appearance in total, didn't he?

Yes, a cup game. A very bad one...

I am so glad Big Phill did not get rid of Drogba and brought Adriano. LOL

I didn't see the game enough to judge his performance but fucking hell, the way people are talking it seems he murdered someone. Somebody even said his performance has cost us qualification from the group stage... what? Have I missed something or are points deducted for shit displays?

I didn't see the game enough to judge his performance but fucking hell, the way people are talking it seems he murdered someone. Somebody even said his performance has cost us qualification from the group stage... what? Have I missed something or are points deducted for shit displays?

He was so shit, EUFA decided to disqualify us from the competition :Goober:

Being poor defensively when his side was overloaded by the opposition is understandable. Ashley Cole struggled in the first game against Shakthar for the same reason.

Shakhtar's game-plan was to play tight then spread the ball out to Srna.

QerQB.png

45% of Shakhtar's attacking play coming from the right shows that Bertrand needed a lot of support. Hazard alone wasn't enough.

The only thing that worried me about Bertrand's performance was his use of the ball. He was offered very little support defensively.

Think RDM missed a trick by switching Ramires and Mikel from their usual RCM and LCM positions. Mikel covers for Ash's forward runs while Rami does his bit on the right, where Mata doesn't offer track back. Playing Ramires on the right just left Ryan more exposed and mitigates the blame that can be laid at his feet.

so where are his critics right now? really, hate ppl that can't give credit when deserved but are the first ones to jump on the bashing-train...

Verry goood game by him, and has shown why Ash called him one of the very fastetst in the team... he will come good... imho he IS allready good

I thought he was lacklustre yesterday to be honest. Matched Sterling for pace but out of position so frequently.

I thought he did well, but when (I think it was Sousa) came on struggled a bit with his positioniong, else he was always a thread and had Sterling in his pocket plus brough some good deliverings in to the box, low and high...

I think it is one thing to say Bertrand is still young but full of talent which I fully support. Also, It is true eg. Lamps bettered with age and was not the world player he would become later on.

What I do regret is the pointing finger on Hazard for not tracking back perfectly all the time. You know what ... He is 21 and also a very young player. He will learn, so will Oscar and those two (three - enter Mata ) combined will aid greatly to make Chelsea by far the best team in the EPL ...

Good times ahead, that is for sure!!!