Ryan Bertrand

DavidEU

Bertrand is probably amongst the top 100 left-backs in world football right now, and the fact that he's English bumps him right up to being the 2nd best left-back in the world right now behind only Ashley Cole, so he has every right to drop out of an England game due to a sore throat IMO.

Bertrand is probably amongst the top 100 left-backs in world football right now, and the fact that he's English bumps him right up to being the 2nd best left-back in the world right now behind only Ashley Cole, so he has every right to drop out of an England game due to a sore throat IMO.

Ryan Bertrand ‏@ryanbertrand3

Just to clarify.... Its not a "sore throat" Im ill.swollen glands in my neck... And constant headache for 3 days now and freezin cold

Wow a lot of reports are negating the first part of his tweet:

"Just to clarify, its not a "sore throat" Im ill. swollen glands in my neck... And constant headache for 3 days now and freezin cold,"

Then came this:

"Do you think a "sorethroat" could stop me being apart of a match for my club or country? #your*******nuts this is what every boy dreams of."

I don't see anything wrong in that, taking the second part as a sole tweet however could change the whole meaning.

Lot of respect for Hodgson. I think he sympathises with the players and agrees with much of their frustrations. That Ferdinand London tube thing was ridiculous, and Hodgson can appreciate how the media blow everything out of all proportion!