Ryan Bertrand

DavidEU

The only reason I can imagine AVB would want to keep Kalou for is that he thinks he can help Kalou realize his potential. I've had this feeling since the beginning of the season, but Kalou hasn't played a single game in the PL since he was withdrawn in the first half against West Brom. Surely, if AVB had the sort of faith Carlo had in Ramires in Kalou, he would have played more, which leads me to think that this is all about the club's not wanting to let him go for free, and that's not a good thing.

Anyone can make mistakes, but surely no-one would have guessed Kalou was dead certain to give away an own goal...

AVB has and wants to keep his entire squad happy by being fair to every player on it. That much was clear from his interview regarding Josh. There's always a chance that half the squad gets injured and Kalou will have to step in, so AVB's just trying to keep him interested.

Meh..... Kalou isn't good enough to be part of our squad in any role, so there's no point trying to keep him, let alone keep him happy. But since I realise that many here still feel he is, and that we should give him time to "realise his potential", I'll just let this rest for now.

Meh..... Kalou isn't good enough to be part of our squad in any role, so there's no point trying to keep him, let alone keep him happy. But since I realise that many here still feel he is, and that we should give him time to "realise his potential", I'll just let this rest for now.

^ Welcome to a 'Chelsea forum'. Where Zola is better than Messi, and the undefendable *Kalou* are defended.

It's hard to see Kalou 'realising his potential' at Chelsea, at this stage of his career...and with the likes of Kakuta (Wing/Creative Midfielder), Lalkovic (Winger/Forward) coming through the ranks, I'm not sure if Kalou has a 'big' role to play in the future.

He's a good forward..but maybe playing for a lesser European club would allow him to fulfil his potential because I think he just lacks that extra-gear required to play consistently for Chelsea FC.

I would love it if Kalou scores the winner for us in the CL final, would there be more comments about us being champions of Europe or would the focus be more on Kalou getting a "lucky tap in" :rolleyes:

If you can make him do that I'd say you're damn good at FIFA 11 on your XBox/PS3 and ....

Oh wait...

I would love it if Kalou scores the winner for us in the CL final, would there be more comments about us being champions of Europe or would the focus be more on Kalou getting a "lucky tap in" :rolleyes:

I never understood why people criticize Kalou for that. I think it shows intelligence and good movement. I mean it's all raul and inzaghi ever did, and they're the best strikers in the history of european competitions; but when Kalou does it its lucky.....amazing.

^ Welcome to a 'Chelsea forum'. Where Zola is better than Messi, and the undefendable *Kalou* are defended.

No one was defending Kalou back there...only AVB's decision; and the second thing was people were reading too much into Kalou's interview.

Also I'd rather have a player who's willing to play for the team rather than an upset one, even if he's little more than a waste of space

You forgot this....

and where "Kakuta is the next Messi"

You've taken that out of context (yet again), I was referring to the 'potential' impact for the club, not in a literal sense.

He certainly better do! I think it is unbelievable he hasn't had more chances..... Chelsea's answer to Messi imo.