Ryan Bertrand

DavidEU

Everyone loves to bash Kalou, how come Jose never gets stick? he was the one that sold a Chelsea legend (Gudjohnsen) to accomodate Kalou.

The day he does leave Chelsea this forum will have a field day i could just picture that now.

Everyone loves to bash Kalou, how come Jose never gets stick? he was the one that sold a Chelsea legend (Gudjohnsen) to accomodate Kalou.

The day he does leave Chelsea this forum will have a field day i could just picture that now.

He had potential back then, that's undeniable & understandable.

And he deserves no less. Ok, so he's had a few bad games, or maybe a few bad seasons. But I really don't understand what he's trying to say here.

- I'm a young player - Yeah right, maybe they should send you back to the youth academy then?

- Chelsea are looking to have a great future and mine could be here - Maybe you could, but you sure dont deserve it. at least say "I'll work hard to be a part of it"

Recently, when Lamps was benched and the media was hounding him, all he had to say was that its tough sometimes and he'll give his best to be right back in the starting XI.

And I listen to this guy and he seems to think Chelsea needs him more than he does us.

Not only is he expecting a new contract, but demanding more match time. :doh:

http://www.premierle...2487858,00.html

The management is either playing a seriously fk*d joke on Kalou, or the fans.

That article is incomplete. He also said:“I hope I can play more. I can push myself, train hard, and come in if I have the opportunity and score. The rest is normal. The manager picks the team and every player respects the decision."

On a side note, EVERY player (yes even the bad ones), has the right to prove himself worthy of a new contract just like a lot of under-qualified people fight to get jobs...

On a side note, EVERY player (yes even the bad ones), has the right to prove himself worthy of a new contract just like a lot of under-qualified people fight to get jobs.

The real madness of this entire situation, is that he's not worthy of his current contract, nevermind a new one.

Giving him a new contract doesnt mean he will be here for long. He can still be sold and we can recover few millions if he is bought by another club after signing new contract.

Falcao signed a new contract in summer and was sold to Atl. Madrid in the same summer

I can't believe this guy has the guts to seek for playing time, and to use this as a contract renewal condition. And to be honest, even if he leaves on a free, we'll still save £60k-a-week.

The worst part is, he had a lot of potential when he first came. Johan Cryuff even vouched for him..

Yes, he has potential. The problem isn't his abilities as a footballer player, but as a human I would say. He isn't clever at all (to stay polite). That is why he can't make something out of his good speed and dribbling skill.

I think something went badly wrong last year.

I don't know if im on my own at this but he was fantastic at the end of 09/10, i remember the title decider at Anfield when he tore a all be out of position Mascerano to peices, then he was pretty good at the start of 10/11 i honestly thought he cracked it and was going to go on to be great for us.

I don't agree he is the worse player in a top team the likes of Chamackh, Bebe and before they moved Bedtner (spelling) and N Gog are a lot wosrse and I still maintain he is a good squad player but i really cba to get into another Kalou argument so ill leave it at that.

I think something went badly wrong last year.

I thought Kalou ended the season on a high note. He had that excellent match vs spudz. I thought he looked a lot brighter than Torrid back then...Now the Real Torres is stepping up. He is feeling wow I need to do something.

Giving him a new contract doesn't mean he will be here for long. He can still be sold and we can recover few millions if he is bought by another club after signing new contract.

Fair point. Better than letting him leave for free. Whether or not someone will be willing to buy him at the price we'd want to sell him, is another thing though. Given the fact that Roman isn't exactly running out of money sometime soon, AVB won't be too uncomfortable to hold on to him for a while. And give him the time to get those late tap-ins against the likes of Wigan in the CC and get the super-sub nonsense going again.

On a side note, EVERY player (yes even the bad ones), has the right to prove himself worthy of a new contract just like a lot of under-qualified people fight to get jobs...

And every organization (yes, even those who don't want to be world class) should let go of employees who have consistently failed to deliver and give a chance to people with the right potential. Especially those on a 60k per week wage.

On a side note, do you really think he is worthy of a new contract?

And every organization (yes, even those who don't want to be world class) should let go of employees who have consistently failed to deliver and give a chance to people with the right potential. Especially those on a 60k per week wage.

Meh... its not for me to decide if he's "worthy" or not...If the coach and the management still see a use for him, they can keep him... although personally I do think he'll be wasting his time here if he has ambitions of getting a regular role...

All I said is there's nothing unethical (even if most fans don't see it that way) in what he said in that interview...

Consider what Kalou has achieved thus far is his career compared to say Torres, who is only a year older than him. Then look at some of the younger players like Sturridge an Mata who actually have an impact on the team and bring something virtually every time they play. Kalou isn't old by any means, but if he hasn't proven himself to be worth while by now then he hardly looks likely to. He seems like a nice bloke and all, but as far as being an important player in this club goes... well, he's just not. Get rid of him.

Fair point. Better than letting him leave for free. Whether or not someone will be willing to buy him at the price we'd want to sell him, is another thing though. Given the fact that Roman isn't exactly running out of money sometime soon, AVB won't be too uncomfortable to hold on to him for a while. And give him the time to get those late tap-ins against the likes of Wigan in the CC and get the super-sub nonsense going again.

it doesnt matter what we think ,,,there is a guy paid millions to do the thinking ,,

We call him AVB for short ,,,and if HE wants to keep Kalou I would accept he knows much better if thats the right decision than I or

anyone else on this forum ,,,He is better placed to make that decision than anyone including TX...

it doesnt matter what we think ,,,there is a guy paid millions to do the thinking ,,

We call him AVB for short ,,,and if HE wants to keep Kalou I would accept he knows much better if thats the right decision than I or

anyone else on this forum ,,,He is better placed to make that decision than anyone including TX...

Of course he is but then again, surely, even AVB can make mistakes - the substitution against Valencia comes to mind. Just because AVB chooses to keep him won't necessarily make it the right decision and does not mean that we can't question it. At least not after seeing Kalou get worse every game over the past couple of seasons.

The longer you keep it the bigger the problem.

Of course he is but then again, surely, even AVB can make mistakes - the substitution against Valencia comes to mind. Just because AVB chooses to keep him won't necessarily make it the right decision and does not mean that we can't question it. At least not after seeing Kalou get worse every game over the past couple of seasons.

The longer you keep it the bigger the problem.

Anyone can make mistakes, but surely no-one would have guessed Kalou was dead certain to give away an own goal...

AVB has and wants to keep his entire squad happy by being fair to every player on it. That much was clear from his interview regarding Josh. There's always a chance that half the squad gets injured and Kalou will have to step in, so AVB's just trying to keep him interested.

Consider what Kalou has achieved thus far is his career compared to say Torres, who is only a year older than him. Then look at some of the younger players like Sturridge an Mata who actually have an impact on the team and bring something virtually every time they play. Kalou isn't old by any means, but if he hasn't proven himself to be worth while by now then he hardly looks likely to. He seems like a nice bloke and all, but as far as being an important player in this club goes... well, he's just not. Get rid of him.

I never put that together. Kalou is only a year younger than Torres. Wow.