Ryan Bertrand

DavidEU

Just been thinking Hernandez is basically like Kalou.

Miss controls the ball a lot, spends lots of the game annonomous and likes scoring tap ins.

Yet i bet Hernandez don't get 1% of the shite on redcafe.

Just been thinking Hernandez is basically like Kalou.

Miss controls the ball a lot, spends lots of the game annonomous and likes scoring tap ins.

Yet i bet Hernandez don't get 1% of the shite on redcafe.

Gah Tomo I don't think Kalou deserves the personal abuse etc but it's a bit tiresome now. There's a "not this again" moment everytime this thread pops up. Give it a rest, all of you.

Tomas Kalas started and played 90 minutes (picking up a booking) and Ulises Dávila was an unused substitute for Sunday’s 1-0 derby victory away to NEC.

Kalas has been part of a fantastic defensive unit in Arnhem which has conceded just one goal with him on the pitch, and after a season of struggles in 2010-11, Vitas sit in fifth place and have looked one of the most exciting teams in the country.

http://thechels.net/2011/10/the-loan-report-october-10-16/

Kalas has looked good in his loan-spell for Vitesse. Hopefully he continues to get regular minutes in the centre of defence.

What is everyone's opinion...could we eventually see some of these promising youths (eg. Billy Clifford, Todd Kane, Kalas, Bruma, Chalobah, Bertrand) playing alongside the likes of Terry; Luiz; Ivanovic; Cole?

Kalas has looked good in his loan-spell for Vitesse. Hopefully he continues to get regular minutes in the centre of defence.

What is everyone's opinion...could we eventually see some of these promising youths (eg. Billy Clifford, Todd Kane, Kalas, Bruma, Chalobah, Bertrand) playing alongside the likes of Terry; Luiz; Ivanovic; Cole?

Out of those 6, I'm excited over Kalas, Chalobah and Clifford.

How's Davilla getting on down there?

Not good. In the games he did played he couldn't make his mark and was quite invisible. He was unused sub last game

I know Billy can be used as a right back, but he has impressed me more as a midfielder. Gifted with good vision and the ability to put the ball where he wants.

We also got Van Aanholt who is doing pretty good at Wigan so far. I'm most impressed by Chalobah, Kane and Kalas so far. Bertrand is decent left-back but should pick up some playing time. He is already 22.

What about the other Clifford? The Irish one, Conor. Apparently he is considered to be an Irish Steven Gerrard.

What about the other Clifford? The Irish one, Conor. Apparently he is considered to be an Irish Steven Gerrard.

Conor Clifford. Definitely has the talent to make it as an EPL midfielder...but he's got a long way to go before he'll get the chance to play with the first-team.

If he keeps developing and improving, he could be another option at CM/CDM in the future...we'll just have to wait and see!

Chelsea striker Salomon Kalou has told the club he wants to be guaranteed more game time before he commits his future to Stamford Bridge.

Kalou had appeared set to depart West London when his current contract expires next summer but manager Andre Villas-Boas revealed last week that negotiations had begun with the frontman over extending his deal.

The parties need to reach an agreement before January if Chelsea are to avoid risking Kalou leaving for nothing, and the 26-year-old has spelt out his terms, chiefly that he wants to be elevated from the fringe status he has endured since joining the club five years ago.

"That's what every player wants to have, game time," said Kalou, who once again found himself on the bench in the 5-0 UEFA Champions League thrashing of Genk.

"Because if you're not playing every weekend, how are you going to improve yourself?

"So it's very important to play to improve and to push yourself to the limit.

"That's what I'm looking for."

Kalou, who started the first two Premier League games under Villas-Boas but has been in the XI just once since, added: "We're still talking and hopefully the club is putting itself in a good position and me myself as well.

"I think we're going to agree on something good.

"I want to stay, I want to be here. I like Chelsea. I've had a fantastic five seasons here and won some prizes.

"Chelsea are looking forward to the future and I'm still a young player and I think my future can be here."

Kalou took full advantage of a 22-minute cameo last night to net his first goal of the season.

The strike capped Chelsea's equal biggest Champions League victory as they showed no mercy to their injury-ravaged ravaged opponents to stay top of Group E.

Asked if Genk were one of the worst sides he had faced, Kalou said: "You cannot take away the good performance of Chelsea.

"We played good football and we scored very early, so that gave us also the opportunity to create more chances.

"So I cannot say we played the worst team."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11668_7252198,00.html