Ryan Bertrand

DavidEU

Kalou won't play the waiting game for much longer

Salomon Kalou is believed to be still torn over whether to sign a new contract at Chelsea despite being offered a salary worth £85,000-a-week.

The 26-year-old is in contention to start their second away game in the Champions League group stages at Genk tonight but he has already gone on record to say he wants more regular first-team football.

Kalou, who joined the club from Feyenoord for £3.5million in 2006, is out of contract at the end of the season and talks are ongoing over an extension. The Ivory Coast international is holding out for £90,000 a week, which is an increase of 50 per cent on the deal he last signed in 2009 but Standard Sport understands that his money demands isn't causing the delay.

Kalou remains uneasy about the lack of matches he is getting under manager Andre Villas-Boas having started just four times this term.

However, he feels very settled at Chelsea and is happy in his home near the club's training ground in Cobham and has a number of friends in the Chelsea dressing room.

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard-sport/football/article-24004688-kalou-wont-play-the-waiting-game-for-much-longer.do

£85k/week contract? :doh:

And the point of reopening this extremely tedious thread with a 10 day old speculative report is what exactly?

Perhaps you are bored and want to bring out the Kalou haters.

In actual fact, it was tweeted to me today.

And unreported here. Are we banned for reporting news?

85k a week , keep dreaming he is a squad player at best , he would do far much better going to play for the likes of Everton. he has stopped players coming through for to long , i don't hate Kalou i have northing against him but i feel we have better players available.

This is the problem with changing managers and coaching staff every single year, they just end up looking at OPTA stats. This just proves that Kalou was destined for financial greatness no matter in what profession, he is amazing. Kalou is a very savvy business man with the gift of the gab. I give up, face it peeps he is a world class negotiator and you cant beat that, this guy makes Winston Borgarde look like a novice hahah.

This is the problem with changing managers and coaching staff every single year, they just end up looking at OPTA stats. This just proves that Kalou was destined for financial greatness no matter in what profession, he is amazing. Kalou is a very savvy business man with the gift of the gab. I give up, face it peeps he is a world class negotiator and you cant beat that, this guy makes Winston Borgarde look like a novice hahah.

More likely his Mr 10% agent. No way anyone with that gormless an expression could negotiate a slow bend, let alone a contract

Gael has been such a disappointment. Looking at the potential he first showed makes one question his attitude. He should be maturing by now.

Its a shame after his performances at the under 19's European Championships we all thought he would make the step up , but he hasn't... back to Kalou his main problem is consistency and decision making the latter he should have now sorted being here a while , the reason he should go is not because he is the worst player ever , its because he hasnt improved enough over the time he has spent here and the money spent trying to make him a better player. let he go to some mid table team where he will be appreciated for his contribution.