Willian

Jase

1 hour ago, Vytis33 said:

Unpopular opinion post...

Yes he should score more goals.  For sure.  But are we gonna pretend like there's another player who will cover the pitch like Willian?  And every single manager (Jose, Conte, Sarri, Lampard) keep picking him?  Is that an accident? 

giphy.gif

Conte and Sarri both preferred Pedro.

That said i'm not as harsh on him as most, he has had a very successful career here all told.

He'll be a very solid player for one of our rivals for a couple more years if that's indeed what he decides to do. It sucks, but unless he's willing to be a squad player and sign a 1-2 year deal it's what has to happen for us to rebuild.

He would instantly improve Spuds or Arse. Mou would kill to have him again I would think because he still has the work rate. 

7 minutes ago, Pizy said:

He'll be a very solid player for one of our rivals for a couple more years if that's indeed what he decides to do. It sucks, but unless he's willing to be a squad player and sign a 1-2 year deal it's what has to happen for us to rebuild.

He would instantly improve Spuds or Arse. Mou would kill to have him again I would think because he still has the work rate. 

Bro with Pulisic, Werner and Ziyech here you wont even think about Willian. And with Son, Moura and Bergwijn not sure how much game time he would get.

19 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Bro with Pulisic, Werner and Ziyech here you wont even think about Willian. And with Son, Moura and Bergwijn not sure how much game time he would get.

Oh, I don't think I'll ever think "I miss Willian and wish we still had him," but it would be kind of annoying seeing him at a hated London rival. And I think he'd play quite a bit on Spuds' right wing rotating with Bergwijn. 

Im actually not sure if he'd lower himself to joining Arse now that I think about it. They're a sinking ship.

11 hours ago, Pizy said:

Oh, I don't think I'll ever think "I miss Willian and wish we still had him," but it would be kind of annoying seeing him at a hated London rival. And I think he'd play quite a bit on Spuds' right wing rotating with Bergwijn. 

Im actually not sure if he'd lower himself to joining Arse now that I think about it. They're a sinking ship.

I feel the opposite, I find it hilarious (and a huge compliment) that players (and in Jose's case manager) who's peak's were spent here go to rivals once they're a shadow of their best selves.

It's a huge nod of approval to our standing in the modern day.

15 hours ago, Tomo said:

Conte and Sarri both preferred Pedro.

That said i'm not as harsh on him as most, he has had a very successful career here all told.

I don't think they prefer pedro, their start and game number are quite similar. But in conte 343 and Sarri 433 imo Pedro fit better

I really hope Ziyech is as good as advertised. The more I watched Chelsea, the more concern I have with losing both pedro and Willian. People slated Willian performance against Villa but him and Mount were our two best attacker. Plus they were also our best presser. 

17 minutes ago, communicate said:

I don't think they prefer pedro, their start and game number are quite similar. But in conte 343 and Sarri 433 imo Pedro fit better

The title season Pedro was preferred, he started pretty much all the big games over Willian including the FA Cup final. The second season Pedro dipping plus Willian hitting form led to him being selected more.

Willian was selected a lot under Sarri due to false 9 and Pedro picking up niggling injures but when it was one or the other it was Pedro given the nod more often than not, including in the Europa final.

Just now, Tomo said:

The title season Pedro was preferred, he started pretty much all the big games over Willian including the FA Cup final. The second season Pedro dipping plus Willian hitting form led to him being selected more.

Willian was selected a lot under Sarri due to false 9 and Pedro picking up niggling injures but when it was one or the other it was Pedro more often than not, including in the Europa final.

In term of fit, pedro fit better. 343, you kinda play with 3 forward, pedro is one, willian isn't. 

Sarri want his rw to attack the box as 3rd runner, pedro is one, willian isn't. 

1 hour ago, Jason said:

full day of talks

Marina: take the 2 years Willian

Willian I want THREE

Willian I want THREE

Willian I want THREE

Willian I want THREE

Willian I want THREE

16 minutes ago, Vesper said:

full day of talks

Willian I want THREE

Willian I want THREE

Willian I want THREE

Willian I want THREE

Willian I want THREE

2 years should not even be an option now. So more like 'Take the 4 weeks' :D 

1 minute ago, Milan said:

2 years should not even be an option now. So more like 'Take the 4 weeks' :D 

if we sign him for two, we could sell him on next summer and get a little dosh out of it, plus have much need depth at winger for the coming season

maybe I am just dreaming, but it seems to make some sense

if we do not get Havertz, and we lose both Pedro (he is gone no matter what) and Willian

then we are down to only 2 pure wingers, plus Ziyech

RLC is never going to be a viable winger, and Mount will really be needed elsewhere if we do not get Havertz in, plus he just is really a MFer to me

that said, Mount at winger is more viable than RLC there

Just now, Vesper said:

if we sign him for two, we could sell him on next summer and get a little dosh out of it, plus have much need depth at winger for the coming season

maybe I am just dreaming, but it seems to make some sense

if we do not get Havertz, and we lose both Pedro (he is gone no matter what) and Willian

then we are down to only 2 pure wingers, plus Ziyech

RLC is never going to be a viable winger, and Mount will really be needed elsewhere if we do not get Havertz in, plus he just is really a MFer to me

that said, Mount at winger is more viable than RLC there

I got a feeling Werner is going to play on the wings on occasion too, think something like a Son or Anelka type of wide forward. 

Pulisic, CHO, Ziyech and Werner should be more than enough depth and quality so fuck Willian, it's 4 weeks extension or nothing.