Willian

Jase

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

As I think you said yesterday, if Willian stays then I very much doubt we'll be signing another attacking player. And Frank seems to really love him so I can easily see him signing an extension.

We could do a lot worse in my opinion than keep Willian on. He's never going to put up big numbers in terms of goals and assists but he offers other strengths that our other wide players don't.

Unless we sign some world class attacking player, I think it's a sensible move. I definitely wouldn't give him 3 years, but I wouldn't be fussed if he signed for 2 years. We have some promising attacking players coming through and another season or two of Willian in the squad could help bridge that.

He's obviously liked and trusted by Lampard, is the most tactically disciplined wide player we have, hasn't shown any physical drop off yet and is rarely injured.

We have to be careful that all our hopes aren't pinned on Ziyech and Werner to come in and hit the ground running because if they need time to adapt, others need to be there to contribute and give them this opportunity to adjust and adapt.

Last night's game showed how important the experience and contributions of the likes of Willian and Azpi are, and if we can get ourselves into a position to muster a title challenge next season that influence and experience will again be important.

I wouldnt mind him staying for next season, he might not score alot yes but his work ethic is rather useful and FL likes that I gather. But only for next season and not his 3 seasons wish.
As long as he is used as a sub, I also would not mind him staying.

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

34 minutes ago, Alabama said:

No way the ship has sailed....

Let Willian leave...we would be fine He is no Drogba Lampard or Hazard...

He def is not but his experience and input amongst the youth could be very important, someone Lamps can count on when called upon. But only for 1 more season.....the club will probably let go of him though. Sooner or later JM will come for him I bet.

11 hours ago, Tomo said:

He was crap outside the goals and i'm far from his biggest critic. 

I really hope Pulisic and CHO are flanking Oli sooner rather than later.

I don't see how he is crap. I have just finished watching the game, provide usual energy, deliver good crosses to the box. Oh scored two goals.