Willian

Jase

16 hours ago, Strike said:

He has been super professional this year but I wouldn't want him for another year let alone 2 or 3 

Yeah with him and Pedro starting to hit form feels like we could get a perfect swansong from them both.

https://theathletic.com/1676386/2020/03/16/chelsea-mailbag-willian-abraham-lampard/

How likely is it that Willian signs a new contract?—Michael W

It’s increasingly unlikely now, Michael.

As Willian has revealed, he has asked for a three-year contract after rejecting Chelsea’s unusual offer of a two-year deal for a player over 30. They broke their policy of offering only 12-month extensions for players of that age for the first time last year with David Luiz and have shown their backing of Willian to do the same. But I can’t see them making even more of an allowance by adding another year. He wants a pay rise, too.

Willian is keen to stay in London so a move to Tottenham Hotspur to reunite with Jose Mourinho or a switch to Arsenal to join Luiz are, genuine possibilities.

Lampard already has Hudson-Odoi, Ziyech and Christian Pulisic to choose from to play out wide next season (Pedro is also expected to go when his contract expires). Another signing in this department is more likely. Chelsea are one of the clubs interested in Jadon Sancho but the cost in terms of transfer fee and wages is a major stumbling block, let alone the competition they face from other clubs, including Manchester United, for his signature.

Just now, Jason said:

https://theathletic.com/1676386/2020/03/16/chelsea-mailbag-willian-abraham-lampard/

How likely is it that Willian signs a new contract?—Michael W

It’s increasingly unlikely now, Michael.

As Willian has revealed, he has asked for a three-year contract after rejecting Chelsea’s unusual offer of a two-year deal for a player over 30. They broke their policy of offering only 12-month extensions for players of that age for the first time last year with David Luiz and have shown their backing of Willian to do the same. But I can’t see them making even more of an allowance by adding another year. He wants a pay rise, too.

Willian is keen to stay in London so a move to Tottenham Hotspur to reunite with Jose Mourinho or a switch to Arsenal to join Luiz are, genuine possibilities.

Lampard already has Hudson-Odoi, Ziyech and Christian Pulisic to choose from to play out wide next season (Pedro is also expected to go when his contract expires). Another signing in this department is more likely. Chelsea are one of the clubs interested in Jadon Sancho but the cost in terms of transfer fee and wages is a major stumbling block, let alone the competition they face from other clubs, including Manchester United, for his signature.

HE EVEN WANTS A PAY RISE!

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Could the season potentially rumbling on into July give him some leverage? I hope not (i don't dislike Willian atall but it's the right time to leave) but i feel it is a possibility.

46 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Could the season potentially rumbling on into July give him some leverage? I hope not (i don't dislike Willian atall but it's the right time to leave) but i feel it is a possibility.

Still not worth it and if it goes into July, we'll have Ziyech by then. 

3 hours ago, Jason said:

Still not worth it and if it goes into July, we'll have Ziyech by then. 

Have we played any game where both williand and Pedro didn't start and we played with back 4 this season? 

How about no giroud, willian and Pedro? 

I am just curious about how we will play next season. 

On 3/16/2020 at 11:03 PM, Vesper said:

Ziyech will not be eligible for any games that are technically part of the 2019/2020 season

Im pretty sure fifa/uefa will simply extend the contracts from june until the season is officialy over.

Obviously the players will have to agree this principle but IMO it will be done due to exceptional circumstances.

Its like a lesser evil for the greater good. If anyone out of contract could just leave by june it would cause massive problems for clubs and general confusion.

• 2 weeks later...

He's making more noises (if you believe the press) about moving on now. Don't blame him. We'd all want a 3 year deal in what is a short career

I've never knocked him and it only seems to be on the internet he gets slagged. Obviously we will be fucked off if he goes to Sp*rs, but then more fool them if they pay him up until he's 35. The other thing is, there are players out there with his ability that score more.

• 2 weeks later...

Merson: World-class Willian could play for Manchester City tomorrow

https://www.si.com/soccer/chelsea/news/paul-merson-slams-chelsea-in-willian-contract-saga

Sky Sports pundit Paul Merson believes Chelsea have 'dropped one' for failing to agree a contract extension with Brazilian winger Willian. 

The 31-year-old is set to become a free agent as he heads into the final months of his contract at Stamford Bridge which expires this summer.

A deal to remain in west London is becoming increasingly unlikely after Willian admitted the two parties' wishes are far apart

"I think it's unlikely that I'll renew because Chelsea offered me a two-year deal, I asked for three and it ended there."

But Sky Sports' Paul Merson has hailed Willian's qualities and believes he could walk into Manchester City's team. 

"Willian is world class, and Chelsea haven’t got a lot of world-class players. Willian has been outstanding, he could play for Manchester City tomorrow. There will be teams queuing around the block to sign him," Merson said on Sky Sports

"He’s a special player and for me, Chelsea have dropped one by letting it get to this situation."

snip

Mila Kunis Lol GIF by IFC | Carcajadas, Riendo a carcajadas

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

https://www.si.com/soccer/chelsea/news/paul-merson-slams-chelsea-in-willian-contract-saga

Sky Sports pundit Paul Merson believes Chelsea have 'dropped one' for failing to agree a contract extension with Brazilian winger Willian. 

The 31-year-old is set to become a free agent as he heads into the final months of his contract at Stamford Bridge which expires this summer.

A deal to remain in west London is becoming increasingly unlikely after Willian admitted the two parties' wishes are far apart

"I think it's unlikely that I'll renew because Chelsea offered me a two-year deal, I asked for three and it ended there."

But Sky Sports' Paul Merson has hailed Willian's qualities and believes he could walk into Manchester City's team. 

"Willian is world class, and Chelsea haven’t got a lot of world-class players. Willian has been outstanding, he could play for Manchester City tomorrow. There will be teams queuing around the block to sign him," Merson said on Sky Sports

"He’s a special player and for me, Chelsea have dropped one by letting it get to this situation."

snip

Even I dont think Pep will sign him but he will do very well in spurs across from son.

Willian offered to Barcelona but Catalans not interested this time

The Brazilian has been a target in the past but the club have other priorities now

https://www.sport.es/en/news/barca/willian-offered-to-barcelona-but-catalans-not-interest-this-time-7921011

7 hours ago, Vesper said:

snip

A pundit who knows less about football than Merson would be hard, if not impossible, to find. That he grew up a Chelsea fan is the only positive thing I can think of to say about Paul Merson.