Willian

Jase

I agree that Willian is very frustrating this season, watching him play is just like watching a poker player messing up all his pocket aces and kings (his talent).
He has so much talent and potential but this season he isn't showing it and I'm sure last season's Willian>>> this season's Willian.

Last season he was decent in attack, very good in counter attack, defended and pressed better, created chances, could occasionally dribble past players, hold the ball very well and more. This season he's been bad in many of his strongest points of last season. He was the only consistent player in attack in the second half of last season.

This season he's different, personally I think it is a mental issue. He's been saying things like (twice I thought) '' I need to score more goals, I want to score more goals'', plus Jose has said it too. So I think he has a kind of pressure added to him this season, which doesn't have a positive influence on his game.

Hopefully he will find his old form back and improve in terms of goals/assists, I still have enough faith in him.

I'm more angry he can't dribble or seem to shoot well with all that speed and technique he has. If we get a counter, every team will love their fast players to get the ball so they quickly make full use of the counterattack, but for us if the ball doesn't fall to hazard, its a waste because willian will run, do a stepovers and push the ball forward to cross and we end up losing the ball every time. (Antonio valencia in disguise) What a Waste

If I knew his twitter account, I'll get someone to hammer this on him to no end.

Work-rate is good 'n' all if you've got the end quality on top of it. Rooney, is a player who is actually that player. I think he's still just an average footballer, but because he actually works hard enough on the pitch and delivers with goals and assists he's vastly superior at the moment than most players in his position. He's definitely a Mourinho kind of player, though I am glad we didn't sign him lmao.

It just gives perspective. You can be average, have a good work rate, and still be a vital part of your squad.. But you can't just be average and have a good work rate.. That's not enough for a club fighting for 4 trophies.

I really think that he's not good enough for us if we want to really be the best.

He's a good player but like I said, if we want to be THE BEST we need someone better.

(I haven't really been following this season so far so my opinion is mostly based on last season)

Willian's guide to attacking:

Step 1. Receive the ball in a good area

Step 2. Face up to defender and do not move for 3 seconds

Step 3. Schimmy

Step 4. Pass backwards

Step 5. Repeat the above

Spot on.

He gives more back passes than mikel, he has speed but can't dribble past a defender to save his life and always makes the wrong choice in attack.

I think at this point we should play Schurrle more. I know he's selfish but he at least contributes more in attack and making him feel like he's a starter will reduce his selfishness and he has more years to improve while willian is a final product.