Willian

Jase

I don't want to sound like I'm running a campaign against Willian but when he's not being his usual tireless working self in games, like against Spurs, then he's almost like a Torres in the starting XI.

It won't sound like it if you did the same for Schurrle.

I think people's fascination of Reus makes them critical of Willian. Also the fact that we compare him with Hazard on the other wing role makes its more unfair.

Definitely not worth 30m but the price tag isn't his fault.

But its says something. Of course Hazard is one of the best out there and there always will be a difference, but for the moment its just too much. Compared too Eden, Willian is just no danger on his side.

1 goal and 1 assist by January. Inexcusable, he's lucky there's Oscar to sometimes distract from his ineffectiveness.

Those stats are horrific, and beyond that, his attacking instincts/decision making are horrific. Not good enough to start here, and I am questioning whether or not he is even good enough to be here.

and I say this as a Willian fan.

Apparently both came in the same game.

So he has 0 goals and 0 assists in the other 15 games, afuckingmazing.

The guy is a fraud. I know his pressing is a huge contribution to our game play but no starter in any top 3 team of any country has such stats. Terrible

Apparently both came in the same game.

So he has 0 goals and 0 assists in the other 15 games, afuckingmazing.

You are right. Both of Willian's league goal and assist came in the same against Aston Villa, back in September! And he's actually made 19 appearances in the league for us this season. So, he practically has 0 goals and 0 assists in the other 18 matches. In fact, in 24 appearances in all competitions, Willian has 2 goals and 2 assists only and each pair came in one game - vs Aston Villa and the Schalke in the Champions League.

No Willian, no balance in the team in the way Jose wants to play that frees our creative players, even Ivanovic down the right side, evident when he doesn't play - whole team was not at the races yesterday.

Couldn't care if he went all season with 0 goals 0 assists as long as I see him charging down people in the 88th minute like I have done almost every time I've seen him when he hasn't been subbed.

Need those worker bees.

No Willian, no balance in the team in the way Jose wants to play that frees our creative players, even Ivanovic down the right side, evident when he doesn't play - whole team was not at the races yesterday.

Couldn't care if he went all season with 0 goals 0 assists as long as I see him charging down people in the 88th minute like I have done almost every time I've seen him when he hasn't been subbed.

Need those worker bees.

Finally, someone who gets it.

Reus and Sanchez both work tirelessly off the ball as well but the big difference is they offer 100x more than Willian in the final third... IMO he's a vital squad player and does reminds me of someone like Ji Sung Park, a player who can play in the big tactical 'chess' games but is not really a regular.

Having ineffective attackers in the final third will cost us in the CL, look at Real, Barcelona and Bayern.. goals everywhere. If Hazard and Costa both have a poor game who's going to score? it wont be Oscar or Willian, thats for sure.