Man United v Chelsea

Jase

Oh do shut up you silly boy. I know it's hard that someone doesn't agree with you and no matter how many pointless times you post I will not change my opinion.

If you love utd and DeGea so much go and support Utd and let other people talk.

You are not worthy of arguing with, I am so bored of you.

LOL, another idiotic post from an idiotic person. I will say no more. What an absurd reply. Because I think he is a good keeper that means I love United, yeah, yeah whatever :rolleyes:, I will not even reply to you from now on, not worth it.

Anyway to the game itself I really hope Lukaku starts. I know he came off the bench last season against United and scored a hattrick in 45 mins but I believe it is time that he gets a chance to start up front. Especially with the possible signing of Rooney, it would be nice to see Lukaku get a start like Torres and Ba have had so far. I hope Cole can neutralize the threat of Valencia as much as possible because that will be United's game plan. Dominate possession, get the ball down that flanks and get it into RVP who only needs one chance. It is quite weird how every time we play United they always dominate most of the first half or first 30 mins and then we come out of our shell and fire back. I hope we put them on the back foot this time as I believe if we can score the first goal, Moyes will have a lot of thinking to do.

I also can't see Rooney starting at all. I reckon that is Moyes ploy of 'mind games' back against Mourinho. Feel confident though and reckon we might make a statement this Monday night.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it has to be said, Chelsea failed to break down Aston Villa. Really good passing and control football but very little in the way of forward thrust

United is a different ball-game altogether but last season, even at Old Trafford, United sat deep and countered at pace and they are a lot better than Aston Villa in doing that. The defensive unit (Back 4 + pivot) needs to have a good game, not just against RVP but also in cutting out the pass-options - especially to the wingers - if we are to win this game.

it has to be said, Chelsea failed to break down Aston Villa. Really good passing and control football but very little in the way of forward thrust

United is a different ball-game altogether but last season, even at Old Trafford, United sat deep and countered at pace and they are a lot better than Aston Villa in doing that. The defensive unit (Back 4 + pivot) needs to have a good game, not just against RVP but also in cutting out the pass-options - especially to the wingers - if we are to win this game.

Do you really think Jose will play is best game on the villa game so Manu can read it so as to prepare themselves ?? I guess not

Do you really think Jose will play is best game on the villa game so Manu can read it so as to prepare themselves ?? I guess not

There is nothing more true than this. I've told a lot of people. This is how football works. He'll play his best against United and then slowly go back to normal until the next big game.

For all the talk and prediction of Mourinho going with the 4-2-3-1, it wouldn't be a surprise at all if he actually decides to play 4-3-3 looking to keep it tight, play on the counter, make it a boring game even and snatch a 1-0 win. After all, this is a big BIG away game.

yes but United's midfield is pretty shit and United usually park the bus anyway so we tend to dominate possession in all our games against them. 4-2-3-1 would be fine IMO. Remember last season's games.

There is nothing more true than this. I've told a lot of people. This is how football works. He'll play his best against United and then slowly go back to normal until the next big game.

Yes, definitely. I don't get this logic. Chelsea may not have played their best game vs Villa but it's stupid to suggest Jose didn't pick the side without intention of playing their best game.

Yes, definitely. I don't get this logic. Chelsea may not have played their best game vs Villa but it's stupid to suggest Jose didn't pick the side without intention of playing their best game.

He picked a side that would get the result. We all like goals, but not every game is about banging 5 to 6 goals into the net. Why give away a game plan before an important game? It's clever strategy. In Inter Milan, he always did that. Ended up winning the treble by playing a shit game before the Milan Derby.

He picked a side that would get the result. We all like goals, but not every game is about banging 5 to 6 goals into the net. Why give away a game plan before an important game? It's clever strategy. In Inter Milan, he always did that. Ended up winning the treble by playing a shit game before the Milan Derby.

Don't think that was the case here at all. Game-plans change every game. Playing well against Villa won't give anything away for the United game

LOL, another idiotic post from an idiotic person. I will say no more. What an absurd reply. Because I think he is a good keeper that means I love United, yeah, yeah whatever :rolleyes:, I will not even reply to you from now on, not worth it.

Anyway to the game itself I really hope Lukaku starts. I know he came off the bench last season against United and scored a hattrick in 45 mins but I believe it is time that he gets a chance to start up front. Especially with the possible signing of Rooney, it would be nice to see Lukaku get a start like Torres and Ba have had so far. I hope Cole can neutralize the threat of Valencia as much as possible because that will be United's game plan. Dominate possession, get the ball down that flanks and get it into RVP who only needs one chance. It is quite weird how every time we play United they always dominate most of the first half or first 30 mins and then we come out of our shell and fire back. I hope we put them on the back foot this time as I believe if we can score the first goal, Moyes will have a lot of thinking to do.

I also can't see Rooney starting at all. I reckon that is Moyes ploy of 'mind games' back against Mourinho. Feel confident though and reckon we might make a statement this Monday night.

Good response NOT, name calling is so childish and frankly quite ignorant. End of back to the game

I really do hope we can win the game it would really put out a statement of intent that we will be title contenders and if we can just mark RVP stop him getting in those positions. I think Wayne will play, Moyes saying Rooney isn't going to Chelsea.

Good response NOT, name calling is so childish and frankly quite ignorant. End of back to the game

I really do hope we can win the game it would really put out a statement of intent that we will be title contenders and if we can just mark RVP stop him getting in those positions. I think Wayne will play, Moyes saying Rooney isn't going to Chelsea.

Sorry, but didn't you call someone a 'silly boy' a moment ago?

You do realise you are contradicting yourself? I think you were the one who started calling me names. You are not really a smart person are you?

their only dangerous player is RVP. we have to find a way to mark him out of the game. if we can do this, I cant see much problems. Valencia is quite awful at the moment, Giggs is past it and so on. We have to see how Rooney will perform, but I dont think that he will do his best against us, maybe to force his move hopefully. futhermore Zaha could be a threat, but I dont think that he will start, so will only be playing 30 mins maybe. we dominated them last season and I dont see any reason why we cant do this again. Would start with this

Cech; Azpi/Ivan (cant really decide), Cahill, Terry, Cole; Ramires, MVG (would throw him in the hot water and see how he reacts), Oscar, Hazard, Mata; Lukaku. 2nd half I would be bring on Schürrle and myabe Lamps, if more offense is needed. Would also like to see Moses on the bench, because he offeres more witdh. If we have to decide between Mikel/Essien I would clearly pick Mikel. He could win some aerial-battles against RVP and offers better protetcion in defense. Essien is past it, I dont see any future for him at our club. I think that he is only here, because he is Mous best buddy as it seems.

You do realise you are contradicting yourself? I think you were the one who started calling me names. You are not really a smart person are you?

Drop it, or take it out via PMs. Any more insults thrown around in this thread will result in official warnings.

Think Azpi starts for sure. And I can see Mikel or Essien in the lineup in place of Lampard. The rest might be the same. Or possibly Lukaku starts as well.

Cech

Azpi - Cahill - Terry - Cole

Ramires - Essien

KDB - Oscar - Hazard

Lukaku

Think Azpi starts for sure. And I can see Mikel or Essien in the lineup in place of Lampard. The rest might be the same. Or possibly Lukaku starts as well.

Cech

Azpi - Cahill - Terry - Cole

Ramires - Essien

KDB - Oscar - Hazard

Lukaku

No way,Ivanović is starting the game for sure ;)

yes but United's midfield is pretty shit and United usually park the bus anyway so we tend to dominate possession in all our games against them. 4-2-3-1 would be fine IMO. Remember last season's games.

Yes, United's midfield is rubbish but their approach play they adopted last season was under Fergie. Moyes may approach this game in a different manner especially with it being his first home game and big game as United's manager. Not knowing how each manager would setup here, both Moyes and Mourinho might look to start cagey-ly to begin with.