Top Posters In This Topic

My line up would be

Cech

Azp Ivanovic Terry Cole

Rami Van Ginkel

Oscar Mata Hazard

Lukaku

Subs: KDB, Schurrle, Torres, Lampard, Cahill, Betrand, Moses

Agree for the most part. I'd have KdB in place of Oscar on the right and possibly Essien for MvG to start.

Agree for the most part. I'd have KdB in place of Oscar on the right and possibly Essien for MvG to start.

Yep Mata also has to start he always does well against united, His scored in his last 3 league games against them so I hope he starts

Wish I could calm my nerves about this game.

Just have this nightmare visualization of exactly how RvP will score. A ball played along the ground right on the edge of the box that he curls into the top left corner.

Really hope Lukaku starts. If I see a lineup with Lukaku starting and Lamps on the bench I'll feel better closer to kickoff.

Oh how I remember them nightmares before games. I remember two seasons ago we where about to play Man United, if we had won the game we would be level on them with points, and we would have two remaining games for the end of the season. I woke up in the middle of the night the night before and I was all sweaty and I was that nervous for some reason I went straight on my phone and checked the result in case I missed the game. I haven't had any of them in a long time because we haven't challenged for the title, but I have a feeling it could come back on this season.

However I do remember under our season with AVB having a nightmare before the Arsenal game, that I went into college and everyone was winding me up about Chelsea losing 4-3. Now could you just imagine the look on my face when Arsenal where actually currently beating us 4-3 at that time? I was overwhelmed, I just couldn't believe what happened, and funnily enough them scoring to make it 5-3 made it better for me, as it provides some reality as it was just a dream, but jesus it was weird.

I dont think Mou would give a young MVG his first start for Chelsea at Old Trafford... Personally Id have Mikel or Essien in the DP with Rami

Well RDM did something similar with Oscar vs Juve. IMO, looking at how big the pitch at OT is we ought to play MVG. He's already had some game time and he was brilliant in some of the bigger friendly matches.

I have feeling Mourinho will play Essien - Ramires in the midfield, and Torres upfront...

Dunno how i feel about starting Lukaku upfront. I can't see him handling the pressure yet, against a big team that is. At the national squad he had his chances to impress the coach for a starting spot over Benteke, he wasted both chances by trying too hard to impress. I rather see him start against a mid table club, and imo Mourinho should promise him that so that he can slowly ease into the starting XI. Besides Torres wasn't THAT bad against Hull, his movement and linkup play where good. Rather play it safe and start Torres.

Dunno how i feel about starting Lukaku upfront. I can't see him handling the pressure yet, against a big team that is. At the national squad he had his chances to impress the coach for a starting spot over Benteke, he wasted both chances by trying too hard to impress. I rather see him start against a mid table club, and imo Mourinho should promise him that so that he can slowly ease into the starting XI. Besides Torres wasn't THAT bad against Hull, his movement and linkup play where good. Rather play it safe and start Torres.

Yes .... But Torres ... Ugh.

Scored a hatrick last time he played them so we are safe

Scored a hatrick last time he played them so we are safe

That was after coming in as a sub when West Brom had nothing to lose. The pressure is gonna be massive this time.

That was after coming in as a sub when West Brom had nothing to lose. The pressure is gonna be massive this time.

he deserves to start after Ba and Torres failed to take up their chances. At least lets give him the benefit of the doubt to start

Out of those 4 the one FA cup match played at the bridge would be the only real good example...in 2 of those we played well only after going behind, and Utd decided to sit back and defend. In the CCup match we were playing a weaker United team.

So, all in all, not very sure about that pivot pairing.

I'm not talking about the CC game. I'm talking about the home game in the PL where despite conceding two early goals through two defensive mistakes by the back four Mikel-Rami dominated the midfield and were key to us getting back on level terms; we were still on top even after going down to 10 men. I'm talking about the FA cup game at Old Traford where united were dominating the midfield battle until Rafa brought Mikel on for Lampard and we managed to win the midfield battle and pin them back and get back on lever terms and have a chance to win it. I'm talking about the repeat FA cup tie at the bridge when once again Mikel-Rami won the midfield battle. And finally I'm talking about the PL game at Old Traford.

Mikel-Rami performed in numerous big games last season and were our best pivot partnering. Let's be a bit fair.

Did you see him against Villa!? He was absolutely dreadful most if the time. Every pass misplaced and slows our build up play to a crawl.

He struggled that mightily against a bottom half side and you think he should start against the defending champs who are at home?

I don't think Lampard can do 3 games in 8 days at 100%.