Man United v Chelsea

Jase

Think Azpi starts for sure. And I can see Mikel or Essien in the lineup in place of Lampard. The rest might be the same. Or possibly Lukaku starts as well.

Cech

Azpi - Cahill - Terry - Cole

Ramires - Essien

KDB - Oscar - Hazard

Lukaku

Can't see how Mourinho would throw an unfit Azpi straight away in a big game like this at Old Trafford. He's likely to stick with the same back 4 that played the last 2 games and just tweak the midfield and striker selection.

Edited by BluesMaster

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think Azpi starts for sure. And I can see Mikel or Essien in the lineup in place of Lampard. The rest might be the same. Or possibly Lukaku starts as well.

Cech

Azpi - Cahill - Terry - Cole

Ramires - Essien

KDB - Oscar - Hazard

Lukaku

I think the backline will remain the same. Mikel should partner Ramires instead of Essien for me. Otherwise i will go in with this lineup!

Can't see how Mourinho would throw an unfit Azpi straight away in a big game like this at Old Trafford. He's slightly to stick with the same back 4 that played the last 2 games and just tweak the midfield and striker selection.

Why would you say he's unfit? Mourinho himself said he was going to play Azpi vs. Villa but opted for Ivan because of Benteke.

Why would you say he's unfit? Mourinho himself said he was going to play Azpi vs. Villa but opted for Ivan because of Benteke.

He can play but obviously still doesn't have 100% match fitness yet. Mourinho wanted to give Azpi game time then so that he can improve on his match fitness but of course opted against it for the reason you mentioned there.

It's just like we all saw with Mata the other day. Although he wasn't playing his favoured position, we could see that he wasn't fully match fit still and it contributed to his quiet performance against Villa. Mourinho won't throw Azpi into this game of such magnitude when he's not at 100% yet. It's a risk.

If anything, he'll play him against Bayern where not so much is at stake for us.

I think the backline will remain the same. Mikel should partner Ramires instead of Essien for me. Otherwise i will go in with this lineup!

Don't agree with that.

Mikel+ Ramires best works in two situations:

1. When the opposition is sitting entirely in their half

2. When our team is defending very deep

Playing Utd is different from Tottenham or Arsenal. I doubt Mikel and Ramires will win the midfield battle against them.

Thank you for ending the nonsense. I merely stated an opinion on a player and all these guys jumped on me and started arguing fairly rudely as i didnt agree with them. In all honestly it was nothing to do with them, and i am sorry but i will defend myself. It seems quite frequent on forums that when a woman disagree with them, they lose it.

Anyway I am in no way sorry to them, as i said i will defend myself but i am sorry the arguing resulted in consuming the thread.

I hope they will just ignore me if they disagree instead of that nonsense.

Moving onto the game. I was thinking is there no chance you could play Torres and Lukaku together upfront?

Yes, United's midfield is rubbish but their approach play they adopted last season was under Fergie. Moyes may approach this game in a different manner especially with it being his first home game and big game as United's manager. Not knowing how each manager would setup here, both Moyes and Mourinho might look to start cagey-ly to begin with.

I don't think they are rubbish at all. They know their role which is to move the ball quickly, not give the ball away, and not make mistakes. The entire setup of ManU is to try to feed Van Persie and whoever is behind him (Rooney, Welbeck, etc...) It's not a great midfield of course, but it did it's job well last season.

Yes, United's midfield is rubbish but their approach play they adopted last season was under Fergie. Moyes may approach this game in a different manner especially with it being his first home game and big game as United's manager. Not knowing how each manager would setup here, both Moyes and Mourinho might look to start cagey-ly to begin with.

I say we hit them hard early. Catch them for pace. Expose the fact that they don't have the quickest midfield in the world.

Don't agree with that.

Mikel+ Ramires best works in two situations:

1. When the opposition is sitting entirely in their half

2. When our team is defending very deep

Playing Utd is different from Tottenham or Arsenal. I doubt Mikel and Ramires will win the midfield battle against them.

The four times last season that Mikel-Ramires played against United they won the midfield battle and we were the better team.