Man United v Chelsea

Jase

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know it's still very early in the season but a win tomorrow is still a HUGE result. To open a 6 point gap with our strongest two title rivals 8 days into the new season is an immense statement of intention and it puts everyone under pressure.

Dunno how i feel about starting Lukaku upfront. I can't see him handling the pressure yet, against a big team that is. At the national squad he had his chances to impress the coach for a starting spot over Benteke, he wasted both chances by trying too hard to impress. I rather see him start against a mid table club, and imo Mourinho should promise him that so that he can slowly ease into the starting XI. Besides Torres wasn't THAT bad against Hull, his movement and linkup play where good. Rather play it safe and start Torres.

So instead of having Lukaku semi-bullying the United defense we'll put Torres upfront so he can get bullied. No thanks.

Id rather see Lukaku start.

Such a big game to trust Lukaku to start in BUT! big game to trust 'I fall over my own feet' Fernando Torres

Torres has played well against United a few times in his career

Like when he missed 2 clear chances, one of them being an open goal, plus he got sent off right?

Welp. Jose's latest comments about Moyes/Rooney have certainly gone down well over on RedCafe. :) They're basically raging and calling him bitter and jealous that he didn't get the United job. Saying he's obsessed with them.

Don't think I've prayed for a victory harder since the CL final as I am now. I want to beat these cunts so fucking badly. I want to absolutely embarrass this lot and then steal their best player afterwards.

PLEASE FOOTBALL GODS!

I'm not talking about the CC game. I'm talking about the home game in the PL where despite conceding two early goals through two defensive mistakes by the back four Mikel-Rami dominated the midfield and were key to us getting back on level terms; we were still on top even after going down to 10 men. I'm talking about the FA cup game at Old Traford where united were dominating the midfield battle until Rafa brought Mikel on for Lampard and we managed to win the midfield battle and pin them back and get back on lever terms and have a chance to win it. I'm talking about the repeat FA cup tie at the bridge when once again Mikel-Rami won the midfield battle. And finally I'm talking about the PL game at Old Traford.

Mikel-Rami performed in numerous big games last season and were our best pivot partnering. Let's be a bit fair.

Again, in that FA cup one at OT it worked only after United were ahead and decided to defend. The FA cup match at the bridge was the one good example.

And in the PL game at OT, Mikel did not play at all. Anyway, I'm not saying Mikel-Ramires WON'T work, I just don't trust it.

Again, in that FA cup one at OT it worked only after United were ahead and decided to defend. The FA cup match at the bridge was the one good example.

And in the PL game at OT, Mikel did not play at all. Anyway, I'm not saying Mikel-Ramires WON'T work, I just don't trust it.

They didn't just decide to defend. They started the second half as the better side and had us pinned back until Mikel came on and we started winning the ball in midfield and we pinned them in. Even SAF himself said after the game that they did not plan on sitting back and defending.

They didn't just decide to defend. They started the second half as the better side and had us pinned back until Mikel came on and we started winning the ball in midfield and we pinned them in. Even SAF himself said after the game that they did not plan on sitting back and defending.

Maybe that's not what they had planned, but that's what they did nonetheless. Also, Hazard was introduced at the second half which could also have prompted United to think differently. I will concede though, that Mikel did a better job than Lampard when he came on, freeing up Ramires.

Perfect time for Jose to start Lukaku, and i think he will.

Cech

Ivan - Cahill (Luiz if fit) - Terry - Cole

Ramires - Van Ginkel (Doubt he'll start, but one can hope)

De Bruyne - Oscar - Hazard

Lukaku

Experience back line, Fresh, young, fast front six.

We need to press and make it hard for United to keep possession, and with this team i think we can do that.

Mata must play. If we are going to keep him (I'm hoping we will), Jose must start him to show that hes here to stay. If Mata is not in the team I can see him going.

Cech

Ivan - Luiz - Terry - Cole

Rami - MvG

Mata - Oscar- Hazard

Lukaku

Lots of energy, legs in midfield (basically no Lampard and Essien) and a powerhouse upfront.