Man United v Chelsea

Jase

Mata must play. If we are going to keep him (I'm hoping we will), Jose must start him to show that hes here to stay. If Mata is not in the team I can see him going.

Cech

Ivanovic - DavidLuiz - Terry - Cole

Ramires - vanGinkel

deBruyne - Mata - Hazard

Lukaku

Mata is likely to be on the bench as he's not 100% match fit yet and judging by Mourinho's liking of Oscar, it would seem ridiculous if he doesn't start since his ability to link up the play and defend as well will be extremely crucial in a game like this.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mata is likely to be on the bench as he's not 100% match fit yet and judging by Mourinho's liking of Oscar, it would seem ridiculous if he doesn't start since his ability to link up the play and defend as well will be extremely crucial in a game like this.

True but if Mata's fit and we are going to go attack them then surely Mata would be crucial on the wing or in the hole even if Oscar does play?

This Mata going on loan or just leaving in general business is annoying me very much. Even that we could be signing Rooney too as we all know what shirt number Rooney loves (not saying that Mata has to leave if Rooney signs but for marketing purposes Rooney 10 sells better than Rooney 22 or something)..... albeit very coincidental that hes not match fit.

True but if Mata's fit and we are going to go attack them then surely Mata would be crucial on the wing or in the hole even if Oscar does play?

As much as we all love Mata and want him to start, think we are all aware of his defensive deficiencies and knowing Mourinho, he would not want to gamble on that where he would surely want high workrate throughout the match and helping the team not just to attack, but also defend.

As much as we all love Mata and want him to start, think we are all aware of his defensive deficiencies and knowing Mourinho, he would not want to gamble on that where he would surely want high workrate throughout the match and helping the team not just to attack, but also defend.

Yes but also I can see Moyes playing a 4-5-1 and being quite cautious against us. We need to have our best player involved at some point. Also this speculation is fucking annoying the hell out of me.

Yes but also I can see Moyes playing a 4-5-1 and being quite cautious against us. We need to have our best player involved at some point. Also this speculation is fucking annoying the hell out of me.

Trust me, I'm also annoyed at the speculation as well. Think most of us are but just can't see Mata starting for the reason mentioned. And unfortunately, our best player here is not at 100% match fit yet. If anything, he will likely to come off the bench instead.

Perfect time for Jose to start Lukaku, and i think he will.

Cech

Ivan - Cahill (Luiz if fit) - Terry - Cole

Ramires - Van Ginkel (Doubt he'll start, but one can hope)

De Bruyne - Oscar - Hazard

Lukaku

Experience back line, Fresh, young, fast front six.

We need to press and make it hard for United to keep possession, and with this team i think we can do that.

I would just replace Cahill with Ivanovic then put Azp at right back, dont fancy cahill battle with RVP also Mata to start since he always does well against united

This has the makings to be so big if we can win but tbh i reckon it's got draw written all over it and i'd take that right now.

It will be a big, fat, 0-0.

If we don't go behind first that is. Knowing Mou he might just tell the team to seat deep and settle down first for the 1st half hour or so.

Remember all those games we lost recently to them, they always score first

Luiz own goal and RVP goal in the match at the Bridge last season

Chicharito 1st min goal in that defining match in Carlo's last season here

Smalling in AVB's first visit to Old Trafford

Always concede first then lose so I hope we don't this time.

It wasn't meant to be an XI. Also if you want perfect write-up's - I want paid! I wrote that pretty quickly! But seriously it wasn't a team. It looks like it with subs, but I didnt even count how many players went in, since I just tried to match up all of our big players against each other....That's all. Comparisons were with full squad availability. Injury free. Yeah I got De Bruyne all wrong...... spank meh.
It's good to see people recognising Evra's talents though.
On Cech - I think I can agree to call it a draw then. Overall ability I really don't know mind. I've watched De Gea pull off some crazy diving saves, I don't think anybody else in the world is capable of. He actually flies...

what do you call Cech's save Hernandez header then? de gea can NEVER pool that one off :readthemessage: ..... NEVER .... I can't believe you're even comparing the two of them :doh:

It's so early in the season, both will not want to lose, i can see it being cagey. That being said, i reckon we can rape them with the talent we have, but just probably wont lol.

I think most people would prefer Ivanovic at CB with Azpi at RB, except for those people who think Cahill is a top class defender (LOL) but the problem is does Jose see Ivanovic as a CB? or is he only ever going to play him at RB unless there is a injury crisis in defence?