Man United v Chelsea

Jase

Thank you. Just have to find a sports bar but its where to look its hard to find anything over here.

which city are you in? check chelsea fans in USA ,,,they should help ... the game against Manure will certainly be showed live

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No Chicha is the best news ever! Somehow we can't mark him... or he can't help and score against us, don't know what's the case.

I've seen the two goals Robin scored against us and in both cases it was our defense watching him get the ball and score. He has great positioning (what does he even do bad?) and view, but I do hope we make a better job this time around.

He's the kind of guy you need to have one of our CB attached to his hip. Mourinho sets defenses much better than both di Matteo and Benitez combined, but I fear he's been here for just a short time and we already have issues as Luiz has barely played so far.

I don't care if it's Terry, Cahill, Ivan, a 50%-Luiz, just make sure there's someone on Robin all the time and that already reduces 60% of us conceding.

It's obvious imo they'll sit deep and will rely on counter-attack and crosses to Robin, so we better repeat our defensive work against most part of the Villa match (there were a few mistakes, but honestly, those are prone to happen in every match, in every team).

As for our own tactics, I hope we go with the team we played against Hull (maybe except with Luiz and Essien instead of Cahill and Lampard). I do hope Kevin starts over Mata because that's the kind of the match we need players that are nearly to their best shape. Mata was awful against Villa, but that's because he has so few minutes under his belt since the Confeds Cup. We can't afford to have a so-so-Mata against a team as ManUtd especially when we have the likes of Kevin. That first half against Hull was the best football I've seen this team playing in a long time, so we better invest in a fresh player like Kevin than an out-of-shape Mata.

I think we should start with Torres and bring Lukaku from half-time already. The boy knows how to score against de Gea :P

Lamps need to rest. He was really erratic Wednesday, having a 3rd match within 8 days will only make him less precise and more prone to mistakes passing, defending and everything else.

I think we'll win 1-0, but for that we need to go a great work marking RvP

The Chicharito scoring aganist us jinx was broken even since Cech made that magical save at the last FA Cup...We'll own them this time around, again

JayC, I’m afraid whatever you believe or think is irrelevant given the fact that you think KDB is a DM. I see Chelsea’s starting XI much stronger than Manchester Uniteds, the only players I’d have from their squad starting for us is RVP, Rooney and Carrick.

I think you are being a bit too harsh on him! Yes, he hasn't won anything but you can't deny that he is a good manager and deserves a chance at the top club which he has got now! I do hope that Man Utd lose on monday(a 6-0 win will be fantastic). But yes he has a lot to achieve before commanding the respect of everyone around Europe!!

I'm sorry but I can deny it I think he is rubbish. When did he show he is a good manger who deserves a top club like utd? never. He is a joke and has made utd a laughing stock their shares dropped dramatically when he was appointed and the bookies have

third that's odd same team who just won, only difference is him.

Totally agree, you fools could send him to a state of deep depression having the absolute cheek to say that bomb scare Degea is better than him.

Absolute joke, Degea is such a terrible keeper, you watch him, everytime the ball comes near him he panics and he is like a wee sparrow the goal post covers him.

He is so sh** it makes me sick that he is even comp to Cech, god some people are very confused.

That is such an oblivious and biased post. He struggled when he first came to United but to say he is terrible is beyond ridiculous. He was excellent last season and there is a reason why he was named in the PFA team of the season. He has improved by miles and made excellent saves last season. His saves from Mata in the FA Cup game at Old Trafford in the 2-2 game was magnificent and kept them in the tie, (fortunately they lost the replay). He has made brilliant saves and after a shaky start which can be expect of rookie keepers, he is improving and I have read that he was voted United's player of the month more than any player last season which compliments how good he was.

I would say Cech is the best keeper in the world, I would not exchange him for anyone as I believe he is fantastic and what he has done for us over the years is unbelievable. But to blab on that De gea is "shit" is wrong on so many levels. You really did not see the amount of times he saved United sometimes. If it was not for DDG, Real Madrid would have won that first leg at the Bernebau last season by about 5 goals.

whether or not de Gea is better than Cech or even good at all, can we all agree - except Jay - that we hope he fails Monday?

At the end of the day anyone could make a mistake, the best keeper ever, and I hope he makes a mistake Monday, or isn't good enough, or we are too good for him. It doesn't matter what happens as long as the ball rests on his net.

If by half time we are not 2-0 now then we might be able to nick a draw. Really no chance of winning this, especially at Old Trafford with a fully fit MU squad.

Prediction 3-1 to MU if they are already 2-0 up by half time

1-1 if it is level at half time

I'm in America atm what channel is football usually played on? Do bars usually have it on the telly?

I'm not sure what American channels football is usually shown on, but I have managed to find an American listing for the channels that our matches will be shown on.

I missed this earlier. Is this finally the time you realise I'm not here to troll your team? Some praise for my posting which to be honest, I never thought I'd see from you. Thank you. As for Chelsea analysis - that is kind of the point of me being here. I mean you should welcome a different perspective if it's delivered in the correct manner. Telling you about my team is too easy - it's why I don't bother with United forums - it's a constant stream of identical posts, that learn me nothing other than how stupid some fans are. Our fan base is a strange one. You either find a brilliant football fan with plenty of knowledge or an utter tool. Well in my experience.
I don't know why you prefer me to look only at my team. It doesn't make any logical sense. What harm does my one small opinion have on a huge community of Chelsea fans? If I was saying things that are stupid I wouldn't be able to escape it. I already get quite a lot of attention due to my team, and being the only United fan on here (I think) - I really think you should show some maturity and join in, rather than getting on my back.
For example - I know Newcastle like the back of my hand, due to having a brother who supports them. I know Liverpool quite well because I enjoy that rivalry and like to keep up to date on what is happening there. I know Everton because I have a very good friend from down there. I could go on.... and name more teams, and not just in the premiership. There is nothing wrong with having a healthy thirst for football knowledge, being a massive fan of the game!
I enjoy to watch your team play because I've always had a weird infatuation with left-footed players - and I just love Mata. He is everything football is about; grace, technique and ball control. Players like him and RvP don't come about too often. I like to enjoy them.
Anyway I'm rambling again. Bottom line is - I'm not here to bother you, or rub our success in your face, or even laugh at your donkey of a striker Torres! I think I've been very fair with what I've said since joining, and maybe I'm not always right - but I'm only ever giving a balanced view from the knowledge I have.
So yeah, if you like my posting - leave me be..... or it's the Kraken for you!!!

I know United inside out. Most of my family supports them, and I grew up watching them and Chelsea really. I like to think I have an unbiased view on football, and I haven't replied to many of your posts here because quite frankly, I agreed with them.

On your post earlier about the squads and what not, In this moment of time, I do feel we have a better squad then you, but in saying that, An overall assesment, player against player of a squad doesn't prove anything. Your defence is better then ours, Our midfield is better then yours, and you edge it on strikers at the minute, If we get Rooney, I think that would change.

United's midfield problem isn't near as bad as people make it out to be. They still have Kagawa, Cleverly, Giggs and Michael Carrick who was excellent last year. If I was David Moyes, I would like to add one or two more to that to bolster the numbers. Your defence is strong, with maybe cover for Patrice Evra your only target.

Moyes is out of his depth in my opinion, he may prove me wrong but one thing i've noticed is that, Under Ferguson, United's transfer dealings were kept under wraps and no one knew what bids were made and what weren't, Under Moyes, we know everything. I've spoken to lots of United fans about this and alot of them feel the same and are worried about it. I also find the criticism about United last season crazy as they should have knocked out Real Madrid.

On Monday's game, I think its going to be a cagey one. Nothing about our performance against Aston Villa would have worried Moyes, But I think the area we can win the game on is our attacking prowess. I think the likes of Hazard, Mata and Oscar, and the options we have off the bench might just be a little too much for United under a new manager. In saying that, I think both managers would take a draw, and that would be my prediction.

And De Gea better then Cech? I agree that De Gea had a good season last year and proved alot of his critics wrong, but one good season doesn't make him better then a keeper who has consistently done it at the top level for years and years.

Best of luck on Monday, A loss wouldn't end any teams title chances by any means, But I feel its a bigger game for United purely because of the pressure Moyes will be put under if he losses, Hardly fair, but thats football.

I'm sorry but I can deny it I think he is rubbish. When did he show he is a good manger who deserves a top club like utd? never. He is a joke and has made utd a laughing stock their shares dropped dramatically when he was appointed and the bookies have

third that's odd same team who just won, only difference is him.

You really are pissed at Moyes for something, i don't know what! :P To call him rubbish is just wrong! Dropping of shares can be of many reasons, not just because of Moyes!

And before someone labels me a Man Utd supporter because of me saying Moyes is a good manager, i am not! I want Utd to lose, finish outside top 4 , Moyes to be fired and Mick McCarthy to be named their new manager.

mick.gif

@JayC :Goober:

I know United inside out. Most of my family supports them, and I grew up watching them and Chelsea really. I like to think I have an unbiased view on football, and I haven't replied to many of your posts here because quite frankly, I agreed with them.

On your post earlier about the squads and what not, In this moment of time, I do feel we have a better squad then you, but in saying that, An overall assesment, player against player of a squad doesn't prove anything. Your defence is better then ours, Our midfield is better then yours, and you edge it on strikers at the minute, If we get Rooney, I think that would change.

United's midfield problem isn't near as bad as people make it out to be. They still have Kagawa, Cleverly, Giggs and Michael Carrick who was excellent last year. If I was David Moyes, I would like to add one or two more to that to bolster the numbers. Your defence is strong, with maybe cover for Patrice Evra your only target.

Moyes is out of his depth in my opinion, he may prove me wrong but one thing i've noticed is that, Under Ferguson, United's transfer dealings were kept under wraps and no one knew what bids were made and what weren't, Under Moyes, we know everything. I've spoken to lots of United fans about this and alot of them feel the same and are worried about it. I also find the criticism about United last season crazy as they should have knocked out Real Madrid.

On Monday's game, I think its going to be a cagey one. Nothing about our performance against Aston Villa would have worried Moyes, But I think the area we can win the game on is our attacking prowess. I think the likes of Hazard, Mata and Oscar, and the options we have off the bench might just be a little too much for United under a new manager. In saying that, I think both managers would take a draw, and that would be my prediction.

And De Gea better then Cech? I agree that De Gea had a good season last year and proved alot of his critics wrong, but one good season doesn't make him better then a keeper who has consistently done it at the top level for years and years.

Best of luck on Monday, A loss wouldn't end any teams title chances by any means, But I feel its a bigger game for United purely because of the pressure Moyes will be put under if he losses, Hardly fair, but thats football.

Frankly, I had given up with this thread. Some recent posters before you made it into a joke.

This is a very good post though. It doesn't take a lot to be a normal person and write something fair. Well done.

Ankit too.

That is such an oblivious and biased post. He struggled when he first came to United but to say he is terrible is beyond ridiculous. He was excellent last season and there is a reason why he was named in the PFA team of the season. He has improved by miles and made excellent saves last season. His saves from Mata in the FA Cup game at Old Trafford in the 2-2 game was magnificent and kept them in the tie, (fortunately they lost the replay). He has made brilliant saves and after a shaky start which can be expect of rookie keepers, he is improving and I have read that he was voted United's player of the month more than any player last season which compliments how good he was.

I would say Cech is the best keeper in the wor, I would not exchange him for anyone as I believe he is fantastic and what he has done for us over the years is unbelievable. But to blab on that De gea is "shit" is wrong on so many levels. You really did not see the amount of times he saved United sometimes. If it was not for DDG, Real Madrid would have won that first leg at the Bernebau last season by

about 5 goals.

You must be joking or simply one of the DeGea sheep, it's pathetic he was not excellent last season he was a joke, the amount of goals he let in was frightful. Alot of people I know personally think him being in that was an inside joke against Utd.

For every lucky save with his ridiculous 'technique' he let tons in.

If it wasn't for DeGea Fergie would not have been embarrassed on his birthday or that absolute humiliation 6-1 by City.

I have nothing more to say on it if you think he is wonderful you are a blind fool you just go online and watch some of his bloopers he could make a dvd himself. Very weak indeed. Your opinion of him shows how you see things so I will not argue anymore it's tedious on such an obvious issue. Had RVP not scored so many to compensate for his letting the goals in they probably wouldn't have won last year.

The previous year City won, utd were ahead and then he let in so many goals they lost. That Everton game he lets it be 4-4 silly boy. If he let just one less goal in, Utd would have never suffered that embarrassment to lose on the last day like that they would have been three two points ahead.

DeGea is a train wreck, nobody like their new 'manager' .

You must be joking or simply one of the DeGea sheep, it's pathetic he was not excellent last season he was a joke, the amount of goals he let in was frightful. Alot of people I know personally think him being in that was an inside joke against Utd.

For every lucky save with his ridiculous 'technique' he let tons in.

If it wasn't for DeGea Fergie would not have been embarrassed on his birthday or that absolute humiliation 6-1 by City.

I have nothing more to say on it if you think he is wonderful you are a blind fool you just go online and watch some of his bloopers he could make a dvd himself. Very weak indeed. Your opinion of him shows how you see things so I will not argue anymore it's tedious on such an obvious issue. Had RVP not scored so many to compensate for his letting the goals in they probably wouldn't have won last year.

The previous year City won, utd were ahead and then he let in so many goals they lost. That Everton game he lets it be 4-4 silly boy. If he let just one less goal in, Utd would have never suffered that embarrassment to lose on the last day like that they would have been three two points ahead.

DeGea is a train wreck, nobody like their new 'manager' .

You're a vile rancid stain on this forum.