André Schürrle

BlueLion.

I won't change my mind about Schurrle because of this game, and I wont write a post about how great he is, but in this game he was really good, and did what he had to do: scored a vital goal in the first chance he had, and almost scored the second with a superb finish. His spirit in this game was really great,

I won't change my mind about Schurrle because of this game, and I wont write a post about how great he is, but in this game he was really good, and did what he had to do: scored a vital goal in the first chance he had, and almost scored the second with a superb finish. His spirit in this game was really great,

Well done Henrique for not being your usual negitive self. Let's face it, you don't give players any benefit of the doubt and Schurrley will prove many doubters wrong at Chelsea and this is not purely based on last night's performance!

Well done Henrique for not being your usual negitive self. Let's face it, you don't give players any benefit of the doubt and Schurrley will prove many doubters wrong at Chelsea and this is not purely based on last night's performance!

I dont know what you are talking about. I just talk about FACTS, and the last fact we have about Xurli is that he had a great match.

I dont know what you are talking about. I just talk about FACTS, and the last fact we have about Xurli is that he had a great match.

He sure did but your opinion of what a fact is must be a very differen't to what my opinion a fact is!

Well done Henrique for not being your usual negitive self.

Nice diplomatic phrasing there :yes:

Anyway I love Andre. Still got that dodgy barnet going on but I really do think he's a top player and even when Eden went off I had faith that this guy could do something. He's a perfect example of people expecting far too much from players in their first season at the club when they come from abroad. It takes time to acclimatise not just to the league but to the country and to what Jose expects from you.

He took his goal clinically (he is German after all) and was unlucky not to get a second, but with Eden out for a few weeks we need this guy to continue to step-up for us. :tiphat:

Some bad touches here and there but it really didn't matter. He was vital, and again proved his killer instinct. He will get a good run into the team now that Hazard is injured and im looking forward to it!

Absolute hero, my MOTM for stepping up and not being intimidated about replacing Hazard in the team when we needed him the most.

I absolutely love his movement and his cold, cold finishing. What a baller.

I've also been very impressed with his pressing. He really agitates opposing defenders, blocks their clearances, and forces them to make bad passes. He also tracks back quite well. He's a very valuable player for this side even when you look past his scoring ability.

• 2 weeks later...

Speaking as a True Blue - which is btw and I've been saying as much since his first interview. He seemed sincere when he said he was a fan of this club since he was a kid and that it was like a dream come true playing for us.

Now he's also one of us, following Mourinho's footsteps and saying things as they are and defending us downright.

Haters are gonna hate til they're green in jealousy... oh, wait, they already are :P

I chose my faves quotes, but he delves into what Mou asked him and Salah to do.

I just love this boy!!!!

Andre Schurrle says the Chelsea haters are jealous as midfielder hits back after Jose Mourinho is criticised for Anfield tactics

and to illustrate that, I've found this on tumblr

tumblr_n4p4yeN4rT1sdqscyo1_500.png

x

I grabbed that Mark Schwarzer quote that I used in the Jose thread from this article. Excellent that the players believe in what Jose is setting out & they are trying to implement this. Schurrle & Ba are good examples of this. Both don't get the headlines much, but have made some very important plays for us this season.