André Schürrle

BlueLion.

I liked the lad and was sorry by how he left.

If you remember he came back frpm the WC looking a bit tired but as time went on the poor guy was never big but he looked like he was on hunger strike, And just like if someone has time away in their job, Mou found someone else to do it (Remind you of anyone Willian??)

Jose Mourinho demands ended my Chelsea dream, says Andre Schurrle

• 2 months later...
  • 3 years later...
2 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Weird one. I think he’d still be able to find a club but with covid maybe he has reservations about that and his wages..?

He still had a contract at Dortmund for another season but he chose to end it early, so I doubt that's the case. They would have at least found a loan club for him if he wanted to.

6 minutes ago, Jason said:

Sad to hear it. Seems he has been lonely and struggling. Had some good memories with us. Goal vs PSG, that 6-0 vs Arsenal too. 

I really liked Schurrle and always thought that he was perfect AM3/4 as he was one of those players that seemed to be able to step off the bench but immediately be up to speed with the game. Further, he always was quite good at attacking and find space in the box which meant against tried legs he could affect games late on. However, after winning the WC he got some mystery illness (possibly depression) and was never the same and quickly moved back to Germany. 

All in all, I'll remember him for the title in 2015 and wish him all the best! 

Schürrle was always a very limited player and I never wanted him at Chelsea because his technique was not good enough and he was very selfish because he always looked on the ball instead of looking for his teammates. When you watch guys like Messi playing, you see that they do often times not look on the ball and instead look around to see the possibilities they have.

As a AM, he was also not creative enough and obviously too selfish

Hope he does well though. Liked him as a player and he loved us. Trueblue

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Jason said:

Real shame to see.

Just shows that having won a world cup or PL or German Cup etc or whatever doesn't always mean people are willing to push through these injuries to maintain their career or push through the mental struggle and scrutiny many people in football deal with. There is much more to life than football and being content and happy with your own life is definitely better than pushing through those barriers which I could only imagine would be incredibly difficult and underwhelming at times. Andre has had a successful career and done things many will not as well as having experienced different countries, life styles etc as well as securing his family financially for life I would imagine, so hopefully he can get what he wants out the rest of his life. Hope he finds it. Pity it didnt work out for him here or at Dortmund but thats football. 

He would be a realy good sub choice because he had that direct impact and instinct to present danger for tired defences.

Those games against Psg, Arsenal and Fulham were great too. Sad to see him retire so soon but all the best in his future plans.