André Schürrle

BlueLion.

Schurle is only a mediocre player. He scored his 7 goals in 4 matches. He started 11 matches, scored goals in 4. In other 7 he was nowhere to be seen, In the other 23, where he appeared as sub, I cant remember one single time when he was able to make a good impact or to improve what we already had.

He needed 4 games (out of 23) to make people see him as good enough to start matches for a team pretending to win the EPL or UCL.

Perhaps he is the german Kalou: a player that will score some goals, which means the manager will give him more playing time, but more playing time means he will be doing more useless things.

http://www.chelseafc.com/news-article/article/3742869/title/schurrle-in-running-for-german-award

Andre Schurrle has been nominated for a prestigious German football award, and fans can help the Chelsea man win.

The Deutscher Fussball Botschafter recognises professionals playing abroad who transmit a positive image of Germany, with the prize including money that is put towards a public-spirited football project within the country where the individual plays.

Schurrle arrived at Chelsea from Bayer Leverkusen last summer, and in his first season in England has so far contributed seven goals in 32 appearances, including a hat-trick against Fulham at the beginning of the month. Off the field, the 23-year-old has adapted well to London, regularly posting updates of his life and reaction to games on social media.

Fans have until 20 April to vote, and can do so by clicking here.

Let's help our German to win the award. Vote vote vote!

(Mertesacker is currently leading the votes by the way)

Schurle is only a mediocre player. He scored his 7 goals in 4 matches. He started 11 matches, scored goals in 4. In other 7 he was nowhere to be seen, In the other 23, where he appeared as sub, I cant remember one single time when he was able to make a good impact or to improve what we already had.

It's only 13 appearances as sub in the league, not 23. 15 overall in the season.

He needed 4 games (out of 23) to make people see him as good enough to start matches for a team pretending to win the EPL or UCL.

Perhaps he is the german Kalou: a player that will score some goals, which means the manager will give him more playing time, but more playing time means he will be doing more useless things.

:doh:

Just read this - http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/chelseas-andre-schurrle-says-jose-3199341.

It's only 13 appearances as sub in the league, not 23. 15 overall in the season.

:doh:

Just read this - http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/chelseas-andre-schurrle-says-jose-3199341.

Ok. 13 useless appearences as a sub.

About the face palm, lets wait and see where he will be in 3 or 4 seasons.

Ok. 13 useless appearences as a sub.

About the face palm, lets wait and see where he will be in 3 or 4 seasons.

It's almost like you want him to fail. What the fuck is wrong with you? He's scored some important goals for us when certain other players haven't, he's adapted well to the league in roughly the time you'd expect him to and he always puts in a shift.

Why can't you just support players when they're working hard to adapt rather than calling them mediocre?

I hope people will finally stop crying about Schurrle playing CF. He is NOT a CF. He was one at Mainz, but he has long since lost the feel of being the main striker up-front.

Funny you said that when he had absolutely no service at all upfront. His all round performance as a ST might not be great but it will be better off judging his effectiveness as the ST when the players behind can do more for him as well, create chances, dominate the opposition etc.

Funny you said that when he had absolutely no service at all upfront. His all round performance as a ST might not be great but it will be better off judging his effectiveness as the ST when the players behind can do more for him as well, create chances, dominate the opposition etc.

Kind of hard to give service when you drop off next to the ball holder to get the ball therefore living no one up top to create for

I think he doesn't feel comfortable as "the man".

Possibly in the situation in the PSG game if you started Torres, and put Schurrle in the line behind, he could have ran into th CF position as Torres drifts a lot to the wings.

Kind of hard to give service when you drop off next to the ball holder to get the ball therefore living no one up top to create for

That was probably down to the tactical instructions from Mourinho. Seem to alluded to his tasks of dropping back etc in his post-match interview. When Schurrle was stick properly upfront for the second half, nothing was going to him. And though I'm not convinced myself either, think it would be fairer to judge Schurrle's effectiveness as a ST for us if he starts there consistently, had more play around him etc than just dismissing after 2 games, especially when that 2 games were 7-8 months apart!

Against Man United earlier this season, he didn't even enter their box once, not once! Schurrle played like a winger being forced to play a foreign position. Even Neville opined to that fact. I understand the desperation for a viable alternative to Eto'o when he gets injured, but Schurrle is not that alternative. He's a winger, so let him be one. It's not even fair on the guy to ask him to pick up the pieces for the mediocre shit-house called Torres.

What I miss in our buys is that players dont develop but stagnate. Schurrle isnt better than he was in bayer. Willian isnt better than he was in shakhtar. Schurrle doesnt even try to score from distance, not even once! Willian isnt trying to be the creator, just run run dribble...

Verratti, Matuidi,...have all become better players in Psg. Cant say the same for several players we bought.

I hope people will finally stop crying about Schurrle playing CF. He is NOT a CF. He was one at Mainz, but he has long since lost the feel of being the main striker up-front.

He usually only came on as a subsitute striker at mainz and even then he usually was not the lone man up front. It is a big difference playing striker in bundesliga and playing striker against top class CB in the epl and PL, wich the bundesliga barely got any of outside the top teams.

When he went off today, everyhting went downhill. Even though he had nothing to do with the goal, if he is keeping Torres out of the team, he has already contributed.

Well that's usually the case even when Chelsea play with regular strikers up front...Thing is in this team the strikers not only need to make good runs, they need to work like donkeys to make sure they can get the ball from the midfield...for all their link-up play and crosses, our AM's are devoid of ideas when it comes to releasing our forwards...Hazard has tried a lot this season to do that I admit, but that's not really his job is it? Lampard could do a much better job in his prime, but no-one has quite taken that role on since..

That was probably down to the tactical instructions from Mourinho. Seem to alluded to his tasks of dropping back etc in his post-match interview. When Schurrle was stick properly upfront for the second half, nothing was going to him. And though I'm not convinced myself either, think it would be fairer to judge Schurrle's effectiveness as a ST for us if he starts there consistently, had more play around him etc than just dismissing after 2 games, especially when that 2 games were 7-8 months apart!

Don't think so.

Gary Neville kept saying how Jose Mourinho kept yelling at Schurrle to stay in his position and stop going midfield to retrieve the ball.

http://www.chelseafc.com/news-article/article/3742869/title/schurrle-in-running-for-german-award

Let's help our German to win the award. Vote vote vote!

(Mertesacker is currently leading the votes by the way)

now Shirley is with 61% of the votes, lol

Don't think so.

Gary Neville kept saying how Jose Mourinho kept yelling at Schurrle to stay in his position and stop going midfield to retrieve the ball.

But then you hear Mourinho talking about Schurrle dropping back to midfield to help with ball retention etc...

now Shirley is with 61% of the votes, lol

Quite a turn around. When I posted that link then, it was only 2% for him IIRC.