André Schürrle

BlueLion.

who knows Eden won't prove himself to be better at the CAM position as many - especially the Belgians who know him better than us - say is his best position. Then André could have the LW all for himself... Willian, Oscar, Salah to fight for the RW position.

At least for some matches we could try that. Then we'd know if for us Eden is also better at #10 and Schurrle would have more chances.

Am sure that thought (or something along those lines) would have crossed Mourinho's mind by now but he has hardly ever play or even try Hazard out in the No.10 position. That being said, we need to remember that what Mourinho's demands are from the player he plays at No.10. I doubt Hazard would be able to do what Oscar does in that position effectively because it's not really his style. If this was say under Benitez or RDM where there was more freedom allowed, then yeah, we might see Hazard there from time to time (which we did) but since that's not the case, then I doubt we'll be seeing that under Mourinho.

Love him. I really think he'll be one of those players who will get important goals for us because he's just got that knack of making intelligent, unpredictable runs. Really excited to see him link up with Costa as the right-wing/second striker making runs beyond him much like he did in the Fulham away match.

Fantastic attitude, amazing engine, good touch and finishes.

He's the German Salomon Kalou. :Goober:

Schurrle could be brilliant sometimes, but unfortunately he is a little bit inconsistent. If he could maintain his form, I could see him play an important role for us next season.

I can't judge his inconsistency given the season he had. He was adapting to a new league - where he wasn't physically strong enough to play full time and mid-season he basically had an affair with the bench while he was working on his fitness to endure the league. that's a tough first season if you ask me and some inconsistency is not only understandable but almost expected. How can he find consistency when he barely had a streak of matches? When he did have then Mourinho moved him from the team for him to work on his physical condition and André himself admitted that was necessary. He spent weeks - probably more than two months - without starting a match for us and being sparingly used as a sub.

He was immense, he's one of my fave players because of his attitude. He has something many of our players lack (but that Mourinho could help develop and hopefully he will): that winning vocation and will. He's a natural winner and he is thirsty for victories. Add an incredible pace, great finishing and one of the smartest positioning in the game and there's nothing not to love the guy. He isn't anywhere as talented as Hazard, for example, but I think those things I just mentioned and an incredible work-rate (the problem is tackling isn't as natural to him as for Oscar for example), and he makes up for not being the most talented or technical player (but still he's quite composed on the ball).

Added his name in my #3 kit and in my Germany kit because I simply love the guy - so maybe I'm biased in my analysis but the kid won me over since his first interview when we signed him. There was something about him back then and I'm happy I wasn't mistaken in my premature assessment.

I can't judge his inconsistency given the season he had. He was adapting to a new league - where he wasn't physically strong enough to play full time and mid-season he basically had an affair with the bench while he was working on his fitness to endure the league. that's a tough first season if you ask me and some inconsistency is not only understandable but almost expected. How can he find consistency when he barely had a streak of matches? When he did have then Mourinho moved him from the team for him to work on his physical condition and André himself admitted that was necessary. He spent weeks - probably more than two months - without starting a match for us and being sparingly used as a sub.

He was immense, he's one of my fave players because of his attitude. He has something many of our players lack (but that Mourinho could help develop and hopefully he will): that winning vocation and will. He's a natural winner and he is thirsty for victories. Add an incredible pace, great finishing and one of the smartest positioning in the game and there's nothing not to love the guy. He isn't anywhere as talented as Hazard, for example, but I think those things I just mentioned and an incredible work-rate (the problem is tackling isn't as natural to him as for Oscar for example), and he makes up for not being the most talented or technical player (but still he's quite composed on the ball).

Added his name in my #3 kit and in my Germany kit because I simply love the guy - so maybe I'm biased in my analysis but the kid won me over since his first interview when we signed him. There was something about him back then and I'm happy I wasn't mistaken in my premature assessment.

I agree that in his first season we couldn't expect too much about Schurrle. Even player with talent like Hazard a bit 'struggle' to adapt in his first season. But what I mean inconsistent about Schurrle is that, he is sometimes doesn't play well in several games, when in reality, with his quality, I believe he could do it better.

The obvious example is when he play against Fulham when he score a half match hattrick. The first half he is the 'worst' player on the pitch, the second half, he is man of the match. Physical problem? I don't think so. If vice versa (first half hattrick, second half 'worst'), maybe it is, but it is not. This is what I mean 'inconsistent'. With his quality, I don't want to see him playing like that (first half display) ever again next season.