Man City next season...

GeeMon

Right, so they've looked to have signed Jesus Navas (or about to anyway) for around £19m plus around £4m in variables.

He's a proper out-and-out winger who's known to be injury prone. He's incredibly fast and an amazing dribbler. However; He's just had the worst season of his career and new coach Pellegrini has never played with out-and-out wingers before to my knowledge. That said, Silva and Navas together is a frightening prospect.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Messi makes Barcelona Barcelona not those two. They are brilliant players no doubt, probably two of the best in the world, but Messi takes Barcelona to the next level, not those two. Barcelona can handle life without Iniesta and Xavi but not without Messi.

The argument "Messi is good because of Xavi and Iniesta" is a relic from the area pre-2010. Actually, from the past two seasons, it's the contrary as you stated. Indeed, this Barcelona team has major flaws (within their players and as a consquence within their tactics). For this two past seasons Messi had been carrying Barça all by himself.

Without his impressive tally of 73 goals last season, Barcelona would have never reached the 91 points and we probably wouldn't had the chance to beat them in the semi-final of the Champions League. This year, he has gifted them La Liga and they would not have beat Milan without him (nor Paname).

Barcelona without Messi is still a top team, but an average top team, nothing special (a team which is easily beatable). With Messi, Barça is arguably the best team in the world. Just as you said, that's the kind of differece that Messi brings to his team (takes them to a whole 'nother level).

Their flank will be so exposed with Navas, honestly. He'll end up being told to cut in meaning Zabaleta will have to offer loads of support. That means either loads of space behind Navas to exploit and jink past Zabaleta or Zab will already be too far up the pitch and one ball over him to whoever our striker is will have us in an attacking position.

Navas is soooo good for attacking, but you'll be a shambles when it comes to defending.

Win-Lose for City.

According to AS, Jesus Navas will sign for City. the transfer fee should be around 30 million euros.

http://futbol.as.com/futbol/2013/06/02/primera/1370188290_508732.html

if thats true, would be another bs transfer from City. he is nowhere near worth 30 mil..and also really one-dimensional in his game. Isco would be the way better choice for this money. Also Navas is rumoured to be homesick.

marca also reporting. fee to be 25 mio + 5 on objectives

http://www.marca.com/2013/06/03/futbol/equipos/sevilla/1370216061.html

^ winning 6-2 against malaga is making look "madrid like subpar clowns"? ok...

beside this, he is a great coach and surely better than mancini. he could turn City in to a real force while playing good football.

Malaga beat madrid this year when it counted in La Liga and lost when Pelle was nearing the end of his time as manager, was going through personal tragedies, and Malaga players were all looking for their next club.
Last year, Mou had 1 win and 1 draw against Malaga in La Liga
Pelle had a shat club in his first year and was a middle table to bottom third team. In his second year, Malage bought players like Toulalan, Isco, Cazorla, etc. and they finished 4th. This year, it started out a mess with the financial troubles and key players were sold like Cazorla. But Pelle kept the club in the upper tier regardless and did great in CL.
Honestly, Madrid had 10x more talent than Malaga. So you were going to have games where the talent just overwhelmed Malaga. But even then... malaga got results against Madrid.
Mou, as is his habit, made disgraceful comments about Pelle his first year and ate his words as Pelle caught up to him the last 2 years.
Pelegrini made us look like clowns when years of work toppled what years of work mourinhos madrid was capable of...A comubsted team with tactics that pellegrini figured out. It was madrid amongst its worst portrayals but a embarrassment well inflicted never the less. Dont want to sound too harsh on mourinho based on the possible reactions but we were literally seen as clowns by all spanish media. That is mainly to what i refer to.

Right, so they've looked to have signed Jesus Navas (or about to anyway) for around £19m plus around £4m in variables.

He's a proper out-and-out winger who's known to be injury prone. He's incredibly fast and an amazing dribbler. However; He's just had the worst season of his career and new coach Pellegrini has never played with out-and-out wingers before to my knowledge. That said, Silva and Navas together is a frightening prospect.

Maybe he'll use him like Joaquin at Malaga, he's more or less turned him into a central player from a wide one. Navas has already been playing a little more centrally this season at Sevilla.

At the moment, you'd have to say City are favourites for the title. We def need some top signings to eclipse them. I rate Pellegrini very high but he'll need the support of the players to be successful, which I'm sure he'll get cause their embarrassing displays in the UCL must have humbled some of the large egos. City are getting scary.

I'm very excited about City signing Navas. How epic would it be to see Moses vs Jesus on the left flank when we play them next season! :lol:

Then there is another one. MOHAMED diame! :D

At the moment, you'd have to say City are favourites for the title. We def need some top signings to eclipse them. I rate Pellegrini very high but he'll need the support of the players to be successful, which I'm sure he'll get cause their embarrassing displays in the UCL must have humbled some of the large egos. City are getting scary.

Way too early for that. I have always felt that City revolves around Yaya Toure. Remove him friom the team and this team looks toothless. It will be interesting to see how pellegrini uses him. Will the city players adapt to his new style early in the league before it's too late?

Isn't Navas like majorly prone to homesickness?.. Didn't that stop him signing in '06?

used to have panic attacks even on training camps but apparently his therapist has helped him get over it.

I think they have a better team then us as of now. I think it's between us and them and I think if they spend heavily and we spend heavily then it'll be close. United will come 5th and Liverpool will get relegated hopefully.

We’re afraid of no-one ‘cos we’re better than them all
Arsenal West Ham Palace Tottenham and Millwall
Take a trip to SW6 and surely you’ll agree
We’re called the Pride Of London ‘cos the Chelsea are supreme!

Fuck 'em all, fuck 'em all
Man U, City, Arse and Liverpool
'Cause we are the Chelsea
And we are the best
We are the Chelsea so fuck all the rest!
:cfc:

jose-mourinho-winker7.jpg

I think they have a better team then us as of now. I think it's between us and them and I think if they spend heavily and we spend heavily then it'll be close. United will come 5th and Liverpool will get relegated hopefully.

They may have better individuals, but they definitely don't have a better team.

On paper they were already the best team in EPL, but take a look at the table. I really don't care who they are going to buy as far as we get who we want. It's a 11 players game, they can't field more than that can they. We scare no one! Especially Mourinho in helm!

Are we really going to let them sign Cavani?..

With Falcao done and dusted.. we are running out of 'finished articles'. Unless Mourinho really does wanna give Lukaku a chance.

They'll get Cavani if he leaves Napoli and nothing will be able to stop them. We have to just accept that they have more resources then us, Roman can't compete with those Arabs they have a whole freaking government behind them. I was in UAE in 2010 and they see investments like Man city as being the global eye catcher for the nation so even if resources start to dwindle people will always call stadiums like Man city and Arsenal the Etihad and the Emirates stadium and that will always play on people's minds were to go for a holiday and shopping. They see these investments as an economic driver for foreign exchange money.... They are on a different planet.... So winning things is a priority and no matter how much a player might cost they'll get get him if it mean's title or no title. We have a different owner with a different goal.. for Roman its just a bit of a laugh and something to enjoy that's nothing compared to an economic goal.