Man City next season...

GeeMon

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They'll get Cavani if he leaves Napoli and nothing will be able to stop them. We have to just accept that they have more resources then us, Roman can't compete with those Arabs they have a whole freaking government behind them. I was in UAE in 2010 and they see investments like Man city as being the global eye catcher for the nation so even if resources start to dwindle people will always call stadiums like Man city and Arsenal the Etihad and the Emirates stadium and that will always play on people's minds were to go for a holiday and shopping. They see these investments as an economic driver for foreign exchange money.... They are on a different planet.... So winning things is a priority and no matter how much a player might cost they'll get get him if it mean's title or no title. We have a different owner with a different goal.. for Roman its just a bit of a laugh and something to enjoy that's nothing compared to an economic goal.

Yes they have more financial power but football isn't just about money. By your logic City should've blown us out of the water for Hazard then.

If we come in and rival City's bid (which I'm sure we can if we really wanted to) and offer him decent wages and Jose sells him the dream of playing for CFC and the project we're trying to fulfil then it's more than viable.

Hazard chose us because we had a better "project" apparently.

If City do get all the players they desire it will be hard to stop them. But the manager will have a headache keeping Tevez , Aguero , Cavani and Dzeko(i see him staying) happy if they do indeed play only one striker.

There are a limited of world class strikers nowadays which we can go for we need a Dider Drogba type signing or put our faith Lukaku.

They'll get Cavani if he leaves Napoli and nothing will be able to stop them. We have to just accept that they have more resources then us, Roman can't compete with those Arabs they have a whole freaking government behind them. I was in UAE in 2010 and they see investments like Man city as being the global eye catcher for the nation so even if resources start to dwindle people will always call stadiums like Man city and Arsenal the Etihad and the Emirates stadium and that will always play on people's minds were to go for a holiday and shopping. They see these investments as an economic driver for foreign exchange money.... They are on a different planet.... So winning things is a priority and no matter how much a player might cost they'll get get him if it mean's title or no title. We have a different owner with a different goal.. for Roman its just a bit of a laugh and something to enjoy that's nothing compared to an economic goal.

City, PSG and now Monaco have all copied our blueprint for on-field & commercial success, the later pioneered by Kenyon at United. The sheikhs are not doing anything 'extraordinarily' different from what we've already done in that aspect.

I'd rather have Roman at the helm, and it's 'because' he isn't looking for a return, he's a football fan, it’s his legacy, Roman loves the club, which lasts longer than economic motives. If the City 'project' eventually dwindles will it matter for the UAE?, they have fingers in multiple pies, the MLS and PSG etc.

So it looks done and dusted with Fernandinho going there too.

City already dominated us in midfield with Yaya alone and now they're bringing in another player who dominated us in the CL last season to partner him.

*sigh*

And on top of these signings of Navas and Fernandinho they'll be signing a striker.

Jose and the board have a lot of work to do with signings.

This is the difference between us and City when it comes to cash. We look at long term.

We bought Ashley Cole quite young, Mata, Hazard, Oscar, Luiz (sorta), Azpi etc. and they all play very well.

But they go out and buy Clichy's, Navas's etc. who only have a few years left of top football and at stupidly high prices more often than not. Where is the next 'star' in their team? Nastasic? That's literally it.

Idiots.

They may very well win a trophy or two now, but in 5 years? Where will they be? Not at the top like us I'd be willing to bet.

This is the difference between us and City when it comes to cash. We look at long term.

We bought Ashley Cole quite young, Mata, Hazard, Oscar, Luiz (sorta), Azpi etc. and they all play very well.

But they go out and buy Clichy's, Navas's etc. who only have a few years left of top football and at stupidly high prices more often than not. Where is the next 'star' in their team? Nastasic? That's literally it.

Idiots.

They may very well win a trophy or two now, but in 5 years? Where will they be? Not at the top like us I'd be willing to bet.

None of that really matters to them though becasue they have infinite funds. When all of these players fall off they'll just do what they're gonna do this summer and spend another £100m.

I like our way better. I do feel that we do need significant spending this summer in order to feel completely confident about challenging for the title. I agree with some people here that as of this moment, ON PAPER, City have a better and more balanced squad than us. I completely trust Jose to make the right buys.

City are one of the most over-rated teams in the history of English football.

Yes their very good and will probably be up there next season, but they haven't had that "it" factor since November 2011 and they are still constantly talked about as the best team in the league (despite finishing miles behind United last term and only 3 ahead of us).

A very good team they are, but they are certainly there to be got at.