Man City next season...

GeeMon

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whenever the big talents will have a choice between us and City, they'll always choose us. City end up paying more for average players. Looks like Cavani is also going to choose us rather than them, just like Hazard.

Man city's team looked twice as good player for player as United's last year (Cleverly, Jones, Evans, Evra, etc.) but they still finished FAR beneath them. Ferguson was 10 times the manager Mancini was, and i'd say Jose is a way better manager than Pellegri. People often forget the impact of a manager, but I think it is more important a role than any individual on an opposing side.

If Chelsea make a few good signings this summer, we have as good a shot as City, although that side is looking unreal in terms of finished product talent. (They'll be ridiculous on Fifa I imagine).

Right now, I'd put City as the team to beat. Their signings accentuate the team very well and if they buy a top striker, they'll be in excellent position. They also had a number of injuries last year. Silva, Aguero, Toure, and Kompany, their 4 best players, all missed time started a combined 17 games games fewer than they had the year before. I expect a bounce back to a more healthy team.

I don't know, I still think they need a proper commanding defensive midfielder. Fernandinho and Toure aren't those and a pivot of those two in tandem is not going to be disciplined enough. Will they stick with Barry and Rodwell? Mediocre players, at best.

I don't know, I still think they need a proper commanding defensive midfielder. Fernandinho and Toure aren't those and a pivot of those two in tandem is not going to be disciplined enough. Will they stick with Barry and Rodwell? Mediocre players, at best.

They also have Javi Garcia.

Who's another that's underwhelmed. I don't know why they ever let de Jong go tbh.

Alot of players were underperforming with Mancini in charge...

Javi Garcia under the right manager is a top-class DM...as for Rodwell..he's always had the raw skills to be a classy midfielder (kind of like Chelsea's McEachran)...but due to injuries/other factors,

his development stalled and he hasn't looked close to fulfilling the potential..

Right now, I'd put City as the team to beat. Their signings accentuate the team very well and if they buy a top striker, they'll be in excellent position. They also had a number of injuries last year. Silva, Aguero, Toure, and Kompany, their 4 best players, all missed time started a combined 17 games games fewer than they had the year before. I expect a bounce back to a more healthy team.

At least wait until WE make our signings before proclaiming who is the team to beat...I feel confident come mid August we will have made some great signings and be the real team to beat.

Still cany believe they signed Fernadinho or £34 million. With transfers like these, Oil clubs like Citeh and PSG are causing inflation in the transfer market by overpaying for their targets. Txiki Begiristain is living off his reputation, having luckily presided over Barça's most successful period. He does'nt have any savy at all in transfer dealings, case in point the Ibra-> Barça deal. With the hiring of Manu Pellegrini and the signing of Navas, it looks like they are injecting the side with a distinct Iberian football flavour. Having spent something like £40 million pounds with the captures of Fernandinho and Navas, I'd be suprised if they blow some more cash on Cavani.

I think Cavani would be a beast for a Chelsea 4-2-3-1, and would be the perfect striker for Mou's counter attacking game. He would suit you guys more than citeh I reckon, who I think will have trouble off loading Dzeko and Tevez due to the massive salaries both are on.

Oil clubs like Citeh and PSG are causing inflation in the transfer market by overpaying for their targets

We were just as guilty back when Abramovich first became our owner, I feel hypocritical to criticize the current City, PSG, and Monacos when were probably even more responsible for the extraordinary player inflation of the mid 2000's. I do hate it though, I'd hate it even more if we were a smaller club on a very tight budget.

The only positive is it creates an even stronger demand for smaller teams to create good academies and to scout up and coming talent.