Man City next season...

GeeMon

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fernandinho: Costs £22 million for the player, £34m price being quoted by Sky includes his wages over five years (£12m).

Source? Because by all accounts (Yahoo, Sky) it looks like a 34million fee

either way, Shakhtar must be laughing all the way to the bank. Imagine City fans If we get de Rossi for 10-15mil :lol:

City see that we are rebuilding and United just lost Fergie so this is their best chance at winning another title of even 2 on the trot. Can't blame them for going all out and focusing on short-term. I'd say they are def favourites right now. We'll be up there for sure but their squad is ridiculously good right now, not just first XI but amazing depth too.

Hart

Zaba - Kompany - Nastasic - Clichy

Fernandinho - Toure

Navas - Silva - Nasri

Aguero

That's scary good team right there.

Source? Because by all accounts (Yahoo, Sky) it looks like a 34million fee

either way, Shakhtar must be laughing all the way to the bank. Imagine City fans If we get de Rossi for 10-15mil :lol:

Martin Lawrence re tweeted this!! So i guess, it's true!! May be we will get to know about it later once he officially signs!!

So this is what it felt like when fans of other teams saw us spending £20 million on SWP and £30 million on Shevchenko. Good player but quite a bit over the odds.

As for Navas, I'm sure he's much better with the homesickness than he once was but come January I think this guy might be surprised by the shitty Manchester weather. If he makes it to the end of the season without this being an issue then I'll be a tiny bit surprised.

Either way, they're building a decent team for next season but I'm still not convinced by Pellegrini.

So this is what it felt like when fans of other teams saw us spending £20 million on SWP and £30 million on Shevchenko. Good player but quite a bit over the odds.

As for Navas, I'm sure he's much better with the homesickness than he once was but come January I think this guy might be surprised by the shitty Manchester weather. If he makes it to the end of the season without this being an issue then I'll be a tiny bit surprised.

Either way, they're building a decent team for next season but I'm still not convinced by Pellegrini.

I guess you might be surprised.

If we go by TMO analysis, then he will do some damage.

I don't watch much La Liga, so I will take the word of a Liga fan over any other for now.

Francois Piraux @F8Piraux 1h

According to reliable @TransferNewsCen fee being reported is £22M for Fernandinho and £34M it's (player + wages for five years) ! I'm OK.

22 million pounds is still too much I think. and overall 40 mio euros on him? thats way too much.

Francois Piraux ‏@F8Piraux 1h

According to reliable @TransferNewsCen fee being reported is £22M for Fernandinho and £34M it's (player + wages for five years) ! I'm OK.

22 million pounds is still too much I think. and overall 40 mio euros on him? thats way too much.

Well if it's 22 million then that is much much better.

Wages, well we also pay over the odd wages. Malouda, Kalou, Mikel.

That is the new norm in today's top team.

match: Barcelona-Chelsea

event: CL semi final

venue: Nou Camp

Barcelona players: Messi, Xavi, Iniesta...

Chelsea players: Bosingwa, Mikel, Meireles, Cahill...

Barcelona 2-0 Chelsea (Chelsea reduced to 10 men) after 40 mins

result: Barcelona 2-2 Chelsea

i rest my case

match: Barcelona-Chelsea

event: CL semi final

venue: Nou Camp

Barcelona players: Messi, Xavi, Iniesta...

Chelsea players: Bosingwa, Mikel, Meireles, Cahill...

Barcelona 2-0 Chelsea (Chelsea reduced to 10 men) after 40 mins

result: Barcelona 2-2 Chelsea

i rest my case

Very bad case.

Cause in CL sometimes lucks helps you a lot.

When Mourinho was at Chelsea, we had a better team and we got beaten by a lesser team in Liverpool.

They got their luck in those games, and we got our luck in last season.

But in a league format, luck does not cut it. Why you think Liverpool never won the PL?

Or we finish 6th last season?

City, PSG and now Monaco have all copied our blueprint for on-field & commercial success, the later pioneered by Kenyon at United. The sheikhs are not doing anything 'extraordinarily' different from what we've already done in that aspect.

I'd rather have Roman at the helm, and it's 'because' he isn't looking for a return, he's a football fan, it’s his legacy, Roman loves the club, which lasts longer than economic motives. If the City 'project' eventually dwindles will it matter for the UAE?, they have fingers in multiple pies, the MLS and PSG etc.

My fear is these clubs can cherry pick the best players leaving us in the lurch. Hazard only came because we won the Champions League which might not happen again any time soon. This season really did bring us back to reality on how good our side is and we struggled to get CL football after winning the damn thing the season before. We haven't had any consistency for years actually since Carlo's tenure and that's because we've been beaten to the better players by the likes of City because they have paid more. The fact that these Arabs are buying team left right and centre will hurt us in the long run. There is only so much of the top quality players and too many sides now can bid on par or even beat us when it comes to price for these players.

Who's to say if they sign any of the above, any of them aren't going to flop? Only time will tell, but I aren't scared and neither should anybody else. This is a Chelsea team that is forever defeating the odds.