Man City next season...

GeeMon

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

City haven't really strengthened yet as far as I can see. Isco would've definitely been their biggest signing and improvement so far and they missed out on him! Brilliant!

Now all we need is for them to miss out on Cavani, or better still, we beat them to him and we're very much in the hunt for the title next season! :D

P.S. The fate of Torres is also a big factor.

• 3 weeks later...

It looks good on paper, but football is not played on paper. Negredo is a decent player, nothing more, jovetic is un proven in this league and will probably be there best purchase IMO. I don't mind Navas but looks a polished Craig Bellamy to me and Fernandinho is a super player.

If we sign Rooney I think we will be a much better side, and even better with de Rossi, but in all this I think we have made one better signing than anything they have........he's called Mourinho!!!!

It's a hell of a team. I think they need to buy a centre-back and they're set for the next season.

Miles better squad than United. I'd say ours is possibly better but that Fernandinho - Toure midfield blows ours out of the water. We'll have trouble with them again if we don't improve our midfield. God Chelsea just buy a fucking midfielder, it's been like 3 years now.

Expensive bench, with that comes a massive test for a manager to keep players happy.

Not really. Only Nasri and Dzeko that may possibly stir up trouble but they'll be the first two off the bench every game so they should get plenty of games. Other than that, I don't see anyone else who could cause trouble. Richards, Milner, Rodwell, Garcia, Lescott, Negredo, they'll know they are squad players.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to bump this, but what i have noticed these past couple of years is their seems to be something in the water when it comes to Manchester City, they get over-rated so much it's borderline silly.

Now are they a very good team? yes. Will they be there or there abouts next season? yes but they are not going to run away with it and they are so over-rated. Last season i heard and read a lot of people calling City the best team in the league despite the fact United ran away with the title. They are really good as i have said but are they a raise the bar side like Chelsea 04-05 or Arsenal 03-04? not even close.

They had an incredible start in 11-12 where they looked the business but in the second half of that season didn't look as good and won the title because of that start they made and they have been living off the hype of that form ever since imo.

I have never seen a team hyped up so much for so little reason, you would think they are dominating England and taking Europe by it's neck.

Tell you what though, Dzeko has been incredible this pre-season. Pellegrini clearly favors him.

9410441642_79c33d2f0f_o.gif

Mancini's tactics weren't suited to Dzeko's style of play

I reckon we will finally see Dzeko lead the line for City and score 25 goals easily.

• 1 month later...

The start of this season supports what i have been saying about City all summer.

A good team who will be there or there abouts, but not a chance will they run away with it and they are not clear favorites.

It was obvious City weren't going to run away with it..

New manager, new players that need time to settle in (only Negredo has done relatively well out of their new signings).

I reckon if City end up winning the title, it'll be because Chelsea and United screw up..rather than them being the dominant side in England.