Man City next season...

GeeMon

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a pretty scary team, and with a proper manager coming in next season it could be title-winning. But it is only scary if the manager can get them playing properly and consistently, Silva has been pretty shocking recently and is still held in high regard because of his first 6 months IMO. Kompany has made a lot of mistakes, Toure sometimes looks like he can't be bothered in the smaller games and Hart has made quite a few errors. So yeah, if their new manager can get the best out of those players then they will be a real force in the CL and PL.

I'm far more concerned about City than I am United.

If we don't bring in 3 or 4 top class signings City will continue to be our bogey team. We can consistently beat or be right there with United, Arsenal, Spurs, ect but City have owned us recently.

There not better than the Arsenal Jose had to see off the first time.

Can't compare Arsenal to City.

Arsenal never really spend after Roman came.

If they had spend, something else would have been the outcome.

City already have a good squad, and will continue to spend.

Not to mention that their new board members have already impose requirements. For City to win 5 tittles in the next 5 season.

Does Arsenal do that?

No!

So it's a misguided comparison.

We've got Mourinho, they've got Pellegrini.

I reckon they've got a great chance of finishing second.

As long as they have Yaya Toure and Tevez I'll still sweat it when we play them. They've dicked us lately.

Looks like Tevez is on his way out at least.

Can't compare Arsenal to City.

Arsenal never really spend after Roman came.

If they had spend, something else would have been the outcome.

City already have a good squad, and will continue to spend.

Not to mention that their new board members have already impose requirements. For City to win 5 tittles in the next 5 season.

Does Arsenal do that?

No!

So it's a misguided comparison.

I mean if they start the season with that team above, i was comparing it to the team's Mou had to beat in that season, and the Arsenal team of 2004 comes out better.

you're assuming Pellgrini will walk in and make them a force.

There's still a lot of ego within that team and it's yet to actually become a 'team'. Pellgrini will face a battle in his first season trying to make them gel together, which isn't going to happen instantly.