Man City next season...

GeeMon

At least wait until WE make our signings before proclaiming who is the team to beat...I feel confident come mid August we will have made some great signings and be the real team to beat.

I meant as of right now. It is impossible to make any realistic predictions until everyone is finished their moves.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really hope Isco don't go there !

Well, Isco worked with Pellegrini.

So there is more likely chance he will follow him then go somewhere else.

And giving the fact that Malaga will likely sell to raise cash, I say there is a higher chance he will go there.

I don't think Isco will leave Malaga, they have just lost Joaquin and Toulalan to Florentina and Atletico so I'm unsure if they will sell him now. Maybe next summer or even in January but I can see their new coach wanting to keep Isco and build the team around him.

Let's no forget, Pellegrini doesn't have a great record managing big stars. Let's see how he handles the ego's at City before we hand them the title. I think Mancini was a very firm, smart and technical manager and City were stupid to let him go. I mean anybody that can put 6 on United at OT has to be given credit.

Question remains who are they going to bring to replace him. I doubt they're going to get Cavani. Somehow I see them hijacking the Lewandowiski deal.

they cant hijack the lewandowski deal because he doesnt wants to join them...

Can see them seriously declining next season to be honest.

Absurd amount of money for Fernandinho. They lack depth in their defence. Hart is mistake prone these days. In the middle, Yaya Toure is declining and seemed to go off the pace since he came back from the ACON last January, other then that, Fernandinho is average, Milner and Barry are average footballers and Rodwell and Garcia hardly set the world on fire.

Up front, They never give Dzeko the chance he deserves, Silva has slipped wayyy behind Mata, In my opinion they signed Navas about 3 years too late. He is an explosive winger who relys on his pace. He is also 28 in November, so thats going to slip. Aguero only got 12 goals last season but i'd expect him to be decent again this season.

And all in all, I don't rate Pellegrini. Already proved at Real Madrid he couldn't handle big ego's.

I'm not saying this because I'm a Chelsea fan, but looking at it from the outside, I'd be very worried if i was a City fan. They really need to make sure they get Isco, a top class Striker and in my opinion, another midfielder, and a cover/challenging for starting centre half.

I am not scared. They spend so much on Fernandinho, he is not very good, I think. Already he is 28, only 5 matches for Brazil, 8 years in Shakthar and nobody buy him... Maybe he is not bad, but not a 30 million player, I think.

I think Man United will be the tough team to beat. City we maybe lose games, but still I think we finish on top of them in the table. They sell Tevez now also, so they need one more good striker...