Demba Ba

KonohasOrangeFlash

I like him very much, but I think he lost his rhythm after having to share playing time with Torres. I hope he starts the next season with the right foot! :)

Yea I agree, he need's to learn how to use his left foot more :ph34r:

He isnt good enough! If Torres is out performing him he should be sold! Lukaku>>>>Ba

I don't see how Lukaku is relevant considering he may be loaned out again, and even if he does get his chance here, we could still use a player like Demba. He seems like the type who doesn't whine or complain much regarding his role with the team.

He was never meant to be our top striker, merely a stop gap. Next season he will be rotational striker for sure. He hasnt impressed me so much, only in FA cup matches where he scored two amazing goals against the mancs.

I think some people here are way to quick to judge, wanting him sold and all that. Not playing regularly could have an effect on players, I think he is a good second/third choice.

I don't know. He seems to be a bit above average but not good enough to take us to a title.

I agree. Ba is not a top class ST for us if we are to challenge for the major trophies but he's a decent 2nd/3rd choice ST to have and come in to do a job against the lesser sides.

The thing that annoys me most with this Ba situation is that many of the people I see on Twitter wants to sell him after just half a season and keep Torres! Granted Ba hasn't exactly blown us all away or anything like that since he joined but the double standards shown towards him and Torres when he joined is bloody pathetic. Ba looked average for 4-5 months and people say he's rubbish and wants him off already BUT yet, the same people showed a bloody 2-year patience with Torres! And when he was struggling in his first few months (he played even worse than Ba is right now), or basically anytime with us, many were finding silly excuses to defend Torres but the same patience wasn't shown for Ba. Ridiculous!

I agree. Ba is not a top class ST for us if we are to challenge for the major trophies but he's a decent 2nd/3rd choice ST to have and come in to do a job against the lesser sides.

The thing that annoys me most with this Ba situation is that many of the people I see on Twitter wants to sell him after just half a season and keep Torres! Granted Ba hasn't exactly blown us all away or anything like that since he joined but the double standards shown towards him and Torres when he joined is bloody pathetic. Ba looked average for 4-5 months and people say he's rubbish and wants him off already BUT yet, the same people showed a bloody 2-year patience with Torres! And when he was struggling in his first few months (he played even worse than Ba is right now), or basically anytime with us, many were finding silly excuses to defend Torres but the same patience wasn't shown for Ba. Ridiculous!

Well to me it doesn't make a difference. They are both as good as each other right now. I think one of them needs to be sold. I'm actually leaning towards selling Ba because if we get Lukaku back (or Cavani/Falcao) we'll need a different type of striker to mix it up. Ba would be a bit too similar. Of course if Torres goes I'd be equally indifferent.

We should be getting rid of Torres instead of Ba.

I actually think we should sell both.

Buy Cavani or Falcao and have Lukaku as second choice while still getting a bunch of game time and learning under one of those world class strikers and Mourinho at the same time. Then we'll have Schurrle likely too to play up top if necessary.