Demba Ba

KonohasOrangeFlash

He's a bit shit. Marginal footballer.

How was he "played out of form" btw? He's started almost all of our PL games and the FA Cup ones.

when you play once every two weeks it's hard to keep up with real match tempo

Its obvious that he isn't what we really need in order to win the league ...

But he is indeed a great 2nd choice !!

But the best thing to do (was metioned before) is to buy a top class Lewa \ Cavani \ Falcao striker and let Lukaku be 2nd. Sell Floppes and Ba.

We can all grovel at Ba's disappointing performance for us, but interesting statistic---here are the points of some teams since Ba joined us in January

Chelsea-----------------37 points

Manchester United----37 points
Manchester City-------33 points
Tottenham--------------33 points

Chelsea were much closer to the top since his arrival

I don't think that's relevant at all. It's like saying that Torres has been a hero for us, since we've won two European trophies after we signed him.

It's a coincidence.

Ba is just a decent second choice. He's no top class.

Basically, Ba is the Anelka to Cavani's/Lewandowski's/Falcao's/Rooney's/Lukaku's Drogba.

What a downgrade.

But Anelka was used on the right wing most of the times anyway.

But I agree. If we do not get rid of any of Ba or Torres we do not necessarily need a new striker. We probably won't win a big title with Torres/Ba/Lukaku as strikeforce but Lewandowski is not a guarantee either. The league is won by the most consistent team and consistency is about the whole team and does not ultimately change with a world class striker (even though it would help)., the CL is won with luck and you can't buy that either.

What a downgrade.

But Anelka was used on the right wing most of the times anyway.

But I agree. If we do not get rid of any of Ba or Torres we do not necessarily need a new striker. We probably won't win a big title with Torres/Ba/Lukaku as strikeforce but Lewandowski is not a guarantee either. The league is won by the most consistent team and consistency is about the whole team and does not ultimately change with a world class striker (even though it would help)., the CL is won with luck and you can't buy that either.

I disagree. Ba is probably one of the top five/six strikers in this league. Who is honestly better? Tevez, Aguero, van Persie, Suarez for sure - but is there anyone else? Michu had a good season but he is a midfielder by trade and is still "learning" his new role; plus I think defenders will be wiser to his act next year (as we saw with his goals drying up after January).

I disagree. Ba is probably one of the top five/six strikers in this league. Who is honestly better? Tevez, Aguero, van Persie, Suarez for sure - but is there anyone else? Michu had a good season but he is a midfielder by trade and is still "learning" his new role; plus I think defenders will be wiser to his act next year (as we saw with his goals drying up after January).

Dzeko, Lukaku, Cisse, Rooney, Benteke...probably even Defoe, Hernandez Lambert, Giroud, Podolski all are at least at the same level.

Anyway, I think you are massively overrating Ba. He had two good first halfs of the season with Newcastle, but he can't score regularly when he is not playing every week. A good striker should also do that as a back up.

He isnt good enough! If Torres is out performing him he should be sold! Lukaku>>>>Ba

Actually that's wrong, Torres has picked up a bit of form in a competition Ba was ineligible to play in. In the domestic competition's Ba has still outperformed Torres despite not playing that well himself.

Doesn't that fact above tho sum Torres up, in the Europa he literally doesn't have any competition at all for his place and played semi decent but Domestically where he has Ba to see off, he plays shit.

The key difference between the two is movement, that chance Ba had at Villa Park in the first half, the movement he made to make himself available is something Torres would never do, i know he missed the chance but that's not the point.

I know Ba has not had the desired effect that we hoped, but he has been better than Torres, that should not even be debatable.

Dzeko, Lukaku, Cisse, Rooney, Benteke...probably even Defoe, Hernandez Lambert, Giroud, Podolski all are at least at the same level.

Anyway, I think you are massively overrating Ba. He had two good first halfs of the season with Newcastle, but he can't score regularly when he is not playing every week. A good striker should also do that as a back up.

This post smacks of hypocrisy. You say that Ba is overrated because he's had two good first half seasons then include Cisse in your list?

A good striker needs to be able to come off the bench and score? Bollocks. Look at Sturridge for example, who's easily one of the better strikers in the league - he got limited time from the bench here and never really scored.

How anyone can say that you need to score off the bench to be deemed a good striker is bewildering.

No one in here is overrating Ba, what's being said about him is that he's one of the better second choice strikers in the league simply because he isn't on high wages and when he is on form he is one of the best strikers in the league as he has shown at Newcastle. There's nothing wrong in saying that.

This post smacks of hypocrisy. You say that Ba is overrated because he's had two good first half seasons then include Cisse in your list?

A good striker needs to be able to come off the bench and score? Bollocks. Look at Sturridge for example, who's easily one of the better strikers in the league - he got limited time from the bench here and never really scored.

How anyone can say that you need to score off the bench to be deemed a good striker is bewildering.

No one in here is overrating Ba, what's being said about him is that he's one of the better second choice strikers in the league simply because he isn't on high wages and when he is on form he is one of the best strikers in the league as he has shown at Newcastle. There's nothing wrong in saying that.

I think you misunderstood me. But thanks for Sturridge, who is also better as Ba as an example why Ba is surely not one of the 6 best strikers in the league. Sturridge btw scored mutliple goals from the bench for liverpool. Anyway my point was a good striker has to be able to score also with limited opportunities. Ba had shitloads of chances and tends to shoot them low and slow to the goalkeeper. Also Cisse had two amazing seasons in the Bundesliga before he joined Nucastle, Ba did not exactly set the world on fire during his time there.

I think you misunderstood me. But thanks for Sturridge, who is also better as Ba as an example why Ba is surely not one of the 6 best strikers in the league. Sturridge btw scored mutliple goals from the bench for liverpool. Anyway my point was a good striker has to be able to score also with limited opportunities. Ba had shitloads of chances and tends to shoot them low and slow to the goalkeeper. Also Cisse had two amazing seasons in the Bundesliga before he joined Nucastle, Ba did not exactly set the world on fire during his time there.

If you think Ba was average at Newcastle then you haven't been watching him.

Ba was out scoring Cisse by several goals this season before he came to us. He's been the better striker by far this season.

People seem to forget that players can go on a bad run of form. Ba is a good striker and on form he'll change games for you.

Have people already forgotten the great goals he's scored against United and City? He certainly has the ability.

It's his level. If we didn't play Europa League he would have ended the season on about 11 or 12 goals.

In the friendly against City he was through on goal with at least a couple of yards and Kompany still managed to knock the ball off of him from behind. If he is our starting striker next season I am going to post a farewell video on youtube and jump off a bridge.

In the friendly against City he was through on goal with at least a couple of yards and Kompany still managed to knock the ball off of him from behind. If he is our starting striker next season I am going to post a farewell video on youtube and jump off a bridge.

I'll join you! :tophat:

Actually that's wrong, Torres has picked up a bit of form in a competition Ba was ineligible to play in. In the domestic competition's Ba has still outperformed Torres despite not playing that well himself.

Doesn't that fact above tho sum Torres up, in the Europa he literally doesn't have any competition at all for his place and played semi decent but Domestically where he has Ba to see off, he plays shit.

The key difference between the two is movement, that chance Ba had at Villa Park in the first half, the movement he made to make himself available is something Torres would never do, i know he missed the chance but that's not the point.

I know Ba has not had the desired effect that we hoped, but he has been better than Torres, that should not even be debatable.

Torres has been better than Ba simple as that! Ba just isnt good enough!