Fernando Torres

Fernando Torres is not a great footballer anymore. He hasn't ever been during his time at Chelsea.

But don't think he deserves any kind of abuse. I would take Eto'o over him in a heartbeat, but to abuse him, call him names is just pathetic (not pointing at you at all) and these people will never be proper Chels. I understand the frustration since he hasn't been able to play as we want him to but he in no means deserves to be called names.

Why do people hate on El Niño? He may not net 40+ goals a year, but he's a great footballer, can link up play well and is a good teammate. Shut the fuck up if you don't like him. He gives his all every game.

Because he's one of our highest paid players and only has a moment of brilliance every so often. His role in the team is to be a striker not a player who links up plays, that's what we have midfielders for. Also with the amount of money he earns he should be a lot better then he is and he just does not deliver the goods.

I suggest you go have a look at these players and they will show you what a striker is meant to do - Suarez, RVP, Aguero... Oh also a lad named Didier Drogba!

Why do people hate on El Niño? He may not net 40+ goals a year, but he's a great footballer, can link up play well and is a good teammate. Shut the fuck up if you don't like him. He gives his all every game.

It's simple.

He sucks.

He's getting paid HUGE ammounts of money.

He USED to be a great footballer, these days his first and/or last touch on the ball is horrible.

He may be a "good teammate" but that isnt enough in Chelsea.

You shut the fuck up. Everyone has a right to have an opinion.

Listen, he's clearly not a world class player anymore but it's pathetic to call a player who plays for your club a " piece of shit ".

The lad scored 20+ goals last year with numerous assists, he's no world beater but he had a very good season last year. him getting paid 180k is not his problem and certainly is not your problem. it's the club who decided to pay him 180k or w/e wages hes on. his attitude is not as bad as you make it out to be, he can be shocking sometimes (as a footballer that is) but if you tell me he doesn't care / is lazy on the pitch and all those illusions you seem to have made out for him; then I'm going to have to disagree with you because believe it or not, he does run his socks off in some games when hes not scoring.

Oh your talking about all the goals he scored against teams such as Leicester? hahaha

But don't think he deserves any kind of abuse. I would take Eto'o over him in a heartbeat, but to abuse him, call him names is just pathetic (not pointing at you at all) and these people will never be proper Chels. I understand the frustration since he hasn't been able to play as we want him to but he in no means deserves to be called names.

So you get to decide which people are proper Chelsea supporters?

This is a forum, plenty of players have been called names after pathetic performances....and Torres deserves his share of criticism

You don't pay 50 million for a good teammate....you pay that amount of money for a striker that is capable of scoring 25+ goals in the EPL e.g. Aguero, RvP, Suarez

He's a rubbish footballer, deal with it B)

So you get to decide which people are proper Chelsea supporters?

This is a forum, plenty of players have been called names after pathetic performances....and Torres deserves his share of criticism

No. I don't get to decide. Criticism is fine, but call him a piece of shit or anything as derogatory as that is and there is nothing more than vile. That is not criticism. Criticism is saying that he can't play anymore or he should leave the club, he won't do us any good or anything on the lines of that.

If you go out calling your own players a piece of shit, I can have an opinion and question someone's loyalty, because that is not how you support a club, my opinion. If I could go around calling my own players a piece of shit after a bad performance, the whole starting XI would get to hear a lot from me.

No. I don't get to decide. Criticism is fine, but call him a piece of shit or anything as derogatory as that is and there is nothing more than vile. That is not criticism. Criticism is saying that he can't play anymore or he should leave the club, he won't do us any good or anything on the lines of that.

If you go out calling your own players a piece of shit, I can have an opinion and question someone's loyalty, because that is not how you support a club, my opinion. If I could go around calling my own players a piece of shit after a bad performance, the whole starting XI would get to hear a lot from me.

I agree that everyone has a right to an opinion...but let's be honest, how many Chelsea were expecting Torres to become such a poor player after his goal scoring success at Atletico & Liverpool?

As supporters of the club, you can live with a few poor performances here and there...but when a certain expensive player goes missing in MULTIPLE games throughout MULTIPLE seasons....you tend to get frustrated....and in the end, you let out the frustration by calling him derogatory terms like the one you mentioned.

I agree that everyone has a right to an opinion...but let's be honest, how many Chelsea were expecting Torres to become such a poor player after his goal scoring success at Atletico & Liverpool?

As supporters of the club, you can live with a few poor performances here and there...but when a certain expensive player goes missing in MULTIPLE games throughout MULTIPLE seasons....you tend to get frustrated....and in the end, you let out the frustration by calling him derogatory terms like the one you mentioned.

And a line must be drawn somewhere. We all get frustrated with a lot of people. Friends, parents, colleagues, but there's a line that mustn't be crossed. I've been heavily frustrated at him too, probably a lot more than many people here, but I haven't crossed the limit.